KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The Mad Max Timelines - original trilogy & Fury Road

The Mad Max Timelines - original trilogy & Fury Road
Started by: X-Continuity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
X-Continuity
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Mad Max Timelines - original trilogy & Fury Road

Hello Marauders,

Enjoy my hard work if you want:

THE MAD MAX TIMELINE

madmaxtimeline. blogspot. com

The original trilogy: "Mad Max" (1979), "Mad Max 2" (1981) aka "The Road Warrior" and "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" (1985).

Of course, "Mad Max: Fury Road" (2015) is an alternate universe, so there's a standalone timeline only for it.

I think you will enjoy my timelines and articles, because they truly explain a lot about the two 'Maxes' and their worlds.

Thank you and... have a nice read!

Old Post May 2nd, 2019 11:24 AM
X-Continuity is currently offline Click here to Send X-Continuity a Private Message Find more posts by X-Continuity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Re: The Mad Max Timelines - original trilogy & Fury Road

Cool, I may try to give it a read sometime...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by X-Continuity
Of course, "Mad Max: Fury Road" (2015) is an alternate universe, so there's a standalone timeline only for it.

Yeah, my understanding from what George Miller has said is that the stories are just sort of various stories of a mythical figure (Max), and they don't necessarily follow a coherent timeline.

Old Post May 2nd, 2019 02:03 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-Continuity
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: The Mad Max Timelines - original trilogy & Fury Road

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Cool, I may try to give it a read sometime...

Yeah, my understanding from what George Miller has said is that the stories are just sort of various stories of a mythical figure (Max), and they don't necessarily follow a coherent timeline.

Glad you'll check it!

Yes, Miller hinted that, even if I must say that the continuity of the first 3 movies, the original trilogy, is pretty solid and coherent anyway.

Old Post May 2nd, 2019 04:56 PM
X-Continuity is currently offline Click here to Send X-Continuity a Private Message Find more posts by X-Continuity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Love the films. Miller has stated conflicting info regarding Fury Road. First it was a re-imagining of Mad Max 2/The Road Warrior, then it was an alternate universe all together, then it was part of the original story line and the 4th installment.

To me the "re-imagining" with a side of alt universe makes the most sense, where the events of Mad Max happened and this is a separate split. With Max having his Ford Falcon intact in Fury Road when it was completely destroyed in Mad Max 2, among other conflicts makes be believe this makes the most sense.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 2nd, 2019 10:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I only really liked 1 and 2, which were amazing. I can't stand the reboot. I don't know why.

Old Post May 3rd, 2019 05:37 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Putinbot1
I only really liked 1 and 2, which were amazing. I can't stand the reboot. I don't know why.

It's one of those movies that people either really enjoyed or hated.

To me in terms of quality/enjoyment:

-MM2

-MM:FR
-MM

-MM:BT

Old Post May 3rd, 2019 08:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Fury Road is a modern masterpiece as far as I'm concerned.

There are so many moments that melt your face off it's so good, even on repeat viewings.

Give this man MORE $$$ and MORE resources, please...

(please log in to view the image)

It's amusing when you think about it that it's the same director who gave us Happy Feet...

Old Post May 3rd, 2019 08:34 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
It's amusing when you think about it that it's the same director who gave us Happy Feet...

Mind. Blown.

Anyhow, i liked the original trilogy less and less as they came out/i got older. I was 11 in 79 and 16 by the time the third hit theaters, and i found it really campy.
Fury Road was pretty cool.

Old Post May 5th, 2019 12:51 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Mind. Blown.

Anyhow, i liked the original trilogy less and less as they came out/i got older. I was 11 in 79 and 16 by the time the third hit theaters, and i found it really campy.
Fury Road was pretty cool.
I was 12 in 79, kind of felt the same, one and two hreat, thunderdome shite.

Old Post May 5th, 2019 03:37 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Coupla OLD f#cks! I wasn't born until well after '79. 😝 stick out tongue

Yeah, Thunderdome with Tina Turner is pretty much garbage. The others are good, though, even if a little dated.

Old Post May 5th, 2019 06:32 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, Thunderdome with Tina Turner is pretty much garbage. The others are good, though, even if a little dated.
laughing out loud thumb up

Old Post May 5th, 2019 09:50 PM
riv6672

I take comfort in the fact that at 50, i’m likely in way better shape than you. yes

Yeah, Thunderdome with Tina Turner is pretty much garbage.

God yes. The hairstyles alone made me wonder where the **** they managed to find blowdryers in the apocalypse.

Old Post May 7th, 2019 04:06 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by riv
I take comfort in the fact that at 50, i’m likely in way better shape than you.

Old Post May 7th, 2019 01:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

#gottem

Old Post May 7th, 2019 06:13 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
#gottem

Old Post May 7th, 2019 07:15 PM
riv6672

And definitely better shape than Rob.
He just postsfat w. backne. yes

Old Post May 7th, 2019 11:37 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Maybe, but I doubt it. I'm in pretty good damn shape, and not "for 45", just in general smile

Old Post May 8th, 2019 05:29 PM
riv6672

heh heh big grin

Old Post May 8th, 2019 09:45 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

As Bada has often said, the oldies here would easily take the young uns.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 12:36 PM
Flyattractor

Bada aint Shit with out his Mod-Dick in his hand.

Full Flaccid with out it.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 08:02 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote