KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.

Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.
Started by: starryknight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
starryknight

Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.

So I looked around and couldn't find a place to nerd out about AT so here it is. Let the discussions BEGIN!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 04:10 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Im really enjoying the Marceline + ice king episodes, even the one when the Linch King goes back in time and changes history so she is a crazy old lady guarding his body/crown. Thought that was a nice addition.

I want to see them do a episode with flame princess and Marceline. Curious how that would turn out.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 07:13 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Im really enjoying the Marceline + ice king episodes, even the one when the Linch King goes back in time and changes history so she is a crazy old lady guarding his body/crown. Thought that was a nice addition.

I want to see them do a episode with flame princess and Marceline. Curious how that would turn out.

Did you see the newest one with Marcey and Simon? It was kinda sad to watch, but well done as always.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 09:08 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

Omg I cried at the end of "Simon and Marcy" when they just look at the Ice King with a new found respect...it's so sad that he slipped into madness. :..(

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 08:51 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Once I found out that it was the crown that was driving him crazy, and it was all to protect a child Marceline, I realized Ice King was a great guy. He was just the victim of a horrible situation where he had to sacrifice himself to basically keep his daughter safe. And all the princess kidnapping and the insanity is the crown.

I also just realize how freaking powerful he could be.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 08:58 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by KingD19
Once I found out that it was the crown that was driving him crazy, and it was all to protect a child Marceline, I realized Ice King was a great guy. He was just the victim of a horrible situation where he had to sacrifice himself to basically keep his daughter safe. And all the princess kidnapping and the insanity is the crown.

I also just realize how freaking powerful he could be.

Exactly how i feel about it to be honest and yeah his power potential is intense.

When he started calling Marceline Gunter I couldnt help but start to crack up given the current relationship he actually has with the penguin Gunter.

So far in the series I only count four humans, Fin, Susan strong, Linch King and ice king. Have I missed any?

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 06:02 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Susan Strong actually isn't a human. Remember she's one of those fish head mutants.

She's probably descended from humans from before the Mushroom Wars, but 1,000+ years has evolved/de-volved her race into something decidedly non-human, even if it's somewhat similar.

Because "Beautopia" looks to be a fallout shelter that got infected by radiation, like in Fallout 3.

And you missed Abe Lincoln, and Ice King(Simon's) fiancee.

Last edited by KingD19 on Mar 28th, 2013 at 08:08 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 08:03 PM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by KingD19
Susan Strong actually isn't a human. Remember she's one of those fish head mutants.

She's probably descended from humans from before the Mushroom Wars, but 1,000+ years has evolved/de-volved her race into something decidedly non-human, even if it's somewhat similar.

Because "Beautopia" looks to be a fallout shelter that got infected by radiation, like in Fallout 3.

And you missed Abe Lincoln, and Ice King(Simon's) fiancee.

Oh they actually showed Susan with the fish head? I always assumed that the fact they didnt show her fish head (or so I thought) sort of hinted to perhaps she was human and the other fish men are a bit of a fake out.

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 08:22 PM
KingD19

There's a chance she could be non-mutated as they didn't show her head, but considering every other Hyooman shown was mutated, and she was a part of the tribe, it's more likely she's a fish face than not. Although it's a very low chance she could have been born unmutated aside from her freakish size and strength.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 08:43 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Didn't they show that she has a bit of hair under the hood?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 08:58 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Yeah. She had the front tuft of blond and a pony tail like Finn has shown from time to time.

(please log in to view the image)

But she was confused/surprised when Finn's hat came off and he didn't have gills. Which either means she has them, or was so used to the Hyooman's having them she never saw someone without them.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 09:02 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Except that she not only owns a boat, but been down the dangerous river before and lost another boat. I assume since she doesn't swim and was surprised when finn didn't, that she doesn't have gills.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 01:50 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

I always thought it would be interesting if Fin and Susan turned out to be siblings. One raised by dogs and the other taken in by the fish-people. Would make for interesting episodes that might explore a tad deeper into fins past.

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 02:52 AM
starryknight

Does anyone else wish that FP finds out that PB was the reason why she was locked up at a young age. Also what's up with Bubblegum is she another immortal, that would explain Marceline having a long history with her.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 01:55 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Simon and Marcey certainly implies something to that degree. The pink stuff looked like some kind of proto-Peebles.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 02:00 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

The only problem I have with that is she admits to not being able to live forever when she creates Goliad.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 04:36 AM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by starryknight
Does anyone else wish that FP finds out that PB was the reason why she was locked up at a young age. Also what's up with Bubblegum is she another immortal, that would explain Marceline having a long history with her.

I wanted to see the same thing when it comes to FP finding out PB was behind her imprisonment but quickly changed my mind when I realized it would most likely force Fin to choose and most likely bring his thing with FP to an end.
Figured it would play out FP gets angry, most likely flips out and goes for PB and then fin can either do nothing or be a hero.. Eh he always picks 'hero'. But if anything I hope if it is done it doesn't end that way.

Would like to see some FP/PB jealousy type stuff. smokin'

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 05:02 AM
starryknight

That is true, "responsibly demands sacrifice."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 05:43 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by starryknight
The only problem I have with that is she admits to not being able to live forever when she creates Goliad.

True, but that doesn't mean she can't have lived a really long time. Consider that she was reverted to being thirteen after being possessed by the Lich, and was able to become eighteen again with some science and love hugs.

Originally posted by SevenShackles
I wanted to see the same thing when it comes to FP finding out PB was behind her imprisonment but quickly changed my mind when I realized it would most likely force Fin to choose and most likely bring his thing with FP to an end.
Figured it would play out FP gets angry, most likely flips out and goes for PB and then fin can either do nothing or be a hero.. Eh he always picks 'hero'. But if anything I hope if it is done it doesn't end that way.

Would like to see some FP/PB jealousy type stuff. smokin'

They already showed some. In a way.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 10:21 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

Interesting I never thought about it like that and holy cow I can't wait til Mondays episode...if it's just an episode of Finn eating waffles I might just lose it lol.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 05:15 PM