KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Appreciation and Anti Threads » Down With the Boy Who Lived!!!

Down With the Boy Who Lived!!!
Started by: Saratn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Down With the Boy Who Lived!!!

Are you tired of the Hero always winning. I know I am!!! I am all against the Boy Who Lived. IF you are post here on ways to plot his death...the wizarding community etc.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 12:49 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coonskin 13
Racoon

I dont hate harry overall but i HATE book five harry

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Yes, in case you noticed I have been gone, and yes, I'm back indefinately. If you want to hear of my crazy adventures during my absence look in my profile!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:32 AM
Coonskin 13 is currently offline Click here to Send Coonskin 13 a Private Message Find more posts by Coonskin 13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

book five was my favorite, i hated book six

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:34 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coonskin 13
Racoon

I dont hate book five i hate harry in book five

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Yes, in case you noticed I have been gone, and yes, I'm back indefinately. If you want to hear of my crazy adventures during my absence look in my profile!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:36 AM
Coonskin 13 is currently offline Click here to Send Coonskin 13 a Private Message Find more posts by Coonskin 13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

oh...that explains a lot. i didn't like him much with cho and when he was in the first task.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:43 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

One thing I don't like is that Harry ALWAYS wins. Sure he has a tragedy here and there...but seriously the guy gets what he wants alot.

He ALWAYS wins his Quidditch matches by a landslide.

He ALWAYS wins any competition he's involved in.

He ALWAYS gets comeuppance against any he doesn't like.

He's ALWAYS somehow right about certain things. Nasty teacher he isn't fond of? The said teacher becomes a major villain.

Harry's black and white view of the world sometimes makes the Hogwartsverse seem black and white as well as evil is evil and good is good and redemption is out of the question.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 04:27 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

I agree on all but one part...SNAPE ISN'T EVIL

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 06:58 PM
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
He's ALWAYS somehow right about certain things. Nasty teacher he isn't fond of? The said teacher becomes a major villain.
Except for he got it wrong about Quirrel. . .

"Professor Quirrel."

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 07:05 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

only one time...but he thought that snape was evil...but i don't...

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 08:15 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

I love reading harry potter but the only thing annoys me in it is hary no expression ...and yes every time i watch/ read good vs evil it drives me scatty cuz you will always no the out come WATS wrong with a little evil winning now and again hmm

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 03:56 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

Harry is not winning always, the boy who lived had to face a lot of sorrow and failure since book 4, 5 and 6

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 08:56 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

yeah, but look at him though...he's one every single Qudditch match he'd played (besides getting hit in the head with a bat, and falling off his broom with the Dementors.) and that he won the Triwizard Tournament. He had survived too many times, and they weren't even close calls, and he is most likely going to kill the Dark Lord...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 09:10 PM
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

but someone needs to kill the Dark Lord for us. Otherwise the wizarding community will face age of darkness and all the lights will turn down. And even if that happens, there will always be someone, like in every book and in real life, who will stand against the darkness.

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 06:57 AM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Book five Harry was plain annoying. Temper, temper!

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 01:57 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

book five had more to it though...but was annoying, and have you noticed that they usually never make the bad guy win?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 06:45 PM
shoe-freak
Jish!!

potter feels sad everytime something happens, could be that his old dumbledore bud dies, or, he spills "tea" on his coat. he wins ALL THE TIME, and yes, book 5 was annoying. and i am now too busy too read harry potter,

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 07:05 PM
shoe-freak is currently offline Click here to Send shoe-freak a Private Message Find more posts by shoe-freak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Unicor777
Harry is not winning always, the boy who lived had to face a lot of sorrow and failure since book 4, 5 and 6
Originally posted by Unicor777
but someone needs to kill the Dark Lord for us. Otherwise the wizarding community will face age of darkness and all the lights will turn down. And even if that happens, there will always be someone, like in every book and in real life, who will stand against the darkness.
Anti Harry Potter thread. No supporting the antied. Also, yes, Harry wins to much, he gets enough stuff, actually, he gets everything except his family, but he still gets another family (the Weasleys). He is getting cocky in quidditch and needs to learn to grow up, though anger is really understoood for teenagers (I sometimes get into those fits.... i'm 15... but SOMETIMES! He gets into them too many times. I think Harry should die with Voldemort.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 04:59 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

roll eyes (sarcastic) If I really mustn't 'support the antied' here, I can at least say something about your reasons for hating him; they are utterly ridiculous. The whole concept of Harry Potter in its entirety is 'good vs evil', and 'good to conquer'. That's the definition of perfect fantasy. If you don't like how predictable it is then don't read it.

Plus, I think you're ignoring the fact that although the good always wins in the long run, many sacrifices have been made in the duration. Losses and heartache have been endured, if you can't feel that warm glow inside when the good guys eventually win then you're seriously disturbed miffed

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 02:33 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic) If I really mustn't 'support the antied' here, I can at least say something about your reasons for hating him; they are utterly ridiculous. The whole concept of Harry Potter in its entirety is 'good vs evil', and 'good to conquer'. That's the definition of perfect fantasy. If you don't like how predictable it is then don't read it.

Plus, I think you're ignoring the fact that although the good always wins in the long run, many sacrifices have been made in the duration. Losses and heartache have been endured, if you can't feel that warm glow inside when the good guys eventually win then you're seriously disturbed miffed
Supportingi the antied! Also, its not the Harry Potter books it is just Harry himself.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 04:27 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

but really how much have they lost? [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Dumbledore James, Lily, and Sirius...not exactly like LOTR's, and Harry has won far too many times.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 06:56 PM