KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » REad this thread! It is important!

REad this thread! It is important!
Started by: jplatinum

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

REad this thread! It is important!

I have come under the conclusion that physics are applied in different ways in comic books.

Many of the writers are ignorant or just bias with how they write character's feats.
They have characters doing things that they shouldn't be able to do, while having characters that are capable of such feats doing simple ass weakass shit.

Post some ****ed up feats that you've witnessed in comics that shouldn't be.

I'm not talkin' about something thats alittle off, I'm talkin' about something that is just ridiculously wrong.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 08:09 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

The concept of sound is off, how come people going faster than the speed of sound still have a conversation with people all fine and dandy?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 08:11 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Spiderman EVER having problems with lowly thugs. I mean EVER.

I know this isn't physics-related, but I just felt like throwing this in there.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 08:11 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

They write wolverine as not being able to do feats like punch through several feet of brickwall or kill someone with one punch.

These are feats that he is capable of, according to physics and laws of martial-arts, which he is an expert in.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 08:14 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spiderman even when holding back should never be overpowered by some thug, unless the thug is strapped like punisher or blade.

Anybody else should be down in one kick, punch, or throw.
In fact, the force of his web hitting them should knock them down.

I've seen the web shooters shoot with force to knock people into walls, then other time it shoots a man point blank and just wraps him up, yet spiderman isn't using any different enough of pressure or force when squeezing his palm, at least he doesn't seem to be using any different force.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 08:19 PM
Orestes

Wolverine vs. the Hulk should look like it did in Ennis's Confederacy of Dunces (admittedly, he was downright cruel and unfair [although it WAS funny] to Wolverine in a lot of ways otherwise, but THIS part he got totally right) ... EVERY TIME. Wolverine shouldn't even consider trying to fight the Hulk, and every time he forgets for a moment, he should be sent flying into the next state to consider the error of his ways. He should not only not be able to fight Hulk, he shouldn't even be able to ESCAPE Hulk if Hulk is after him!

Ditto for Spider-Man fighting Hulk (except Spidey should be able to escape ... just not actually fight).

Speaking of stupid Hulk defeats, the crossover where Batman kicked him in the gut and made him inhale gas was so stupid it even made the Wolverine and Spider-Man fights look good ...

The only plausible Hulk defeat by a street-leveler I can recall ever seeing was in Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe, and that's only because Frank didn't even TRY to fight Hulk. Instead, he tagged him with a transmitter from far away and just tracked him 'till he turned back into Bruce Banner. That made actual sense. But it never even happened in continuity anyway. stick out tongue

"he could......if he needed too....hed juss make up lies about how one was talkin smack bout the other and then they would fight, and after they foughtit out....he would suck the other weakened one into a blackhole." - King KAN explaining how Batman could defeat Thanos and Galactus

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 08:27 PM
Orestes is currently offline Click here to Send Orestes a Private Message Find more posts by Orestes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

........cyclops.....

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 08:39 PM
reborn_213 is currently offline Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

How can someone with Level 6 strength (I.E. below 100 tons) hurt/beat characters who regularly fight other beings that can lift Kilo tons/mountains/planets, confused

Thing hurts Hulk, yet he can't lift 100 tons ? confused

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 08:49 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"Thing hurts Hulk, yet he can't lift 100 tons "

More accurate would be saying he cant lift as much as Hulk and the others can.

Hes strong enougt to get them the hurt tho.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 08:58 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by olympian
"Thing hurts Hulk, yet he can't lift 100 tons "

More accurate would be saying he cant lift as much as Hulk and the others can.

Hes strong enougt to get them the hurt tho.

Mate every single source of Info says he can Lift up to 100 tons. He has never really demonstrated a clear feat to suggest he can lift much more than 100 tons. This goes for Ulik, Rhino, Mr Hyde and Sandman aswell.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:07 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by jplatinum
They write wolverine as not being able to do feats like punch through several feet of brickwall or kill someone with one punch.

These are feats that he is capable of, according to physics and laws of martial-arts, which he is an expert in.

Err...no. Not even just to disagree with you, but Wolverine can't punch through SEVERAL FEET of BRICKWALL. My definition of several is about 7 and up. If he could, don't you think he'd just be punching through walls all the time?

And also, if he could do said feat, he'd then be able to pierce Colossus. Or at least come A LOT CLOSER to doing it than he is capable of right now.

His punches are powerful, yes. But not that powerful. The adamantium skeleton also really doesn't do anything to increase the power of his punches, they just give Wolverine the knowledge that he won't be breaking his hand anytime soon.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:10 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Any brick fight. These guys lift tons and tons and yet don't move when hit by a like force?

Do these guys suddenly weigh as much as they can hit?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:13 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Things like this annoy me...........

Characters able to form long coherant sentences hilst leaping through the air or being hit by a monster.
Guys like Wolverine. He would be killed in any fight against the Hulk FULL STOP.
Batman winning a fight because hes Batman.
Aunt may pushing 3425536776767 years old
Guys coming back from the dead 12 times.
when a comic has 80 variant covers, thats just money-makin at its creulest form.
Women are all drawn incredibly slim. (Note Im not complaining bout that one)
A bad guy/girl is allowed on a hero team after being nice to them on one mission. Come on Heros be suspicious for cryin out loud.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:16 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Metalmanx
And also, if he could do said feat, he'd then be able to pierce Colossus. Or at least come A LOT CLOSER to doing it than he is capable of right now.
I'm not sure about that, we don't know the properties of his metal.So even if you were to make Wolverine able to punch through brick like real world martial artists can do, he still may not be able to hurt collosus.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:16 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: REad this thread! It is important!

Originally posted by jplatinum
I have come under the conclusion that physics are applied in different ways in comic books.

Many of the writers are ignorant or just bias with how they write character's feats.
They have characters doing things that they shouldn't be able to do, while having characters that are capable of such feats doing simple ass weakass shit.

Post some ****ed up feats that you've witnessed in comics that shouldn't be.

I'm not talkin' about something thats alittle off, I'm talkin' about something that is just ridiculously wrong.

Mate I could go on forever , but i have something that slightly resembles a life big grin

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:19 PM
Creshosk

Originally posted by willRules

A bad guy/girl is allowed on a hero team after being nice to them on one mission. Come on Heros be suspicious for cryin out loud.
That actually varies from character to character. Some will accept a decision begrudgingly because the others did. Some will up and up leave the team.

And it's not like villans that turn good always betray the team. Look at rouge and as so far Emma Frost. Both of these were villians that menaced the team. But you certainly wouldn't say that Rogue was a threat now would you?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:21 PM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

i think ppl are getting off base we are talking about when the writer try to apply physics. what you all are talking about is ppl's feats no matter how ridiculous they are, which i agree but mine is this

Iron Man's armor shouldnt be possoible.....not the armor itself but all its fancy bells and whistles....for xample it would require an immense energy source....IMMENSE, to not only shoot repulsar blasts in the first place but fly, hover,maintain his body's homeostasis, giant force fields(which he can finally do now), have a wireless communication to the net and his data bases back at his HQ...no matter where in the world he is, and have a mini computer thats more powerful and have more memory than any comupter in the world(about 6 terabytes..... if you print 1 terabyte of info it would require enuff paper to stretch from here to the moon...literally..yeah thats a lot)and lastly dump all his energy in a huge nova-like blast, and able to restore power from solar energy in a few hours. NO F'ING WAY! i dont care if he has 100 nuclear reactors in there all that is just not possible

and i might as well throw in Dr. Doom too cuz ever since the Secret Wars, and i know it hasnt been retconned, Doom's armor was powered by a mini blackhole, about the size of a quarter, that was housed in his armor's ankle......WTF!!!! doesnt marvel realize that a black hole even the size of a pin head could destroy the whole world? seeing as how comparatively a reg. sized black hole can esaily destroy an entire galaxy

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:40 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by manjaro
i think ppl are getting off base we are talking about when the writer try to apply physics. what you all are talking about is ppl's feats no matter how ridiculous they are, which i agree but mine is this

Iron Man's armor shouldnt be possoible.....not the armor itself but all its fancy bells and whistles....for xample it would require an immense energy source....IMMENSE, to not only shoot repulsar blasts in the first place but fly, hover,maintain his body's homeostasis, giant force fields(which he can finally do now), have a wireless communication to the net and his data bases back at his HQ...no matter where in the world he is, and have a mini computer thats more powerful and have more memory than any comupter in the world(about 6 terabytes..... if you print 1 terabyte of info it would require enuff paper to stretch from here to the moon...literally..yeah thats a lot)and lastly dump all his energy in a huge nova-like blast, and able to restore power from solar energy in a few hours. NO F'ING WAY! i dont care if he has 100 nuclear reactors in there all that is just not possible

and i might as well throw in Dr. Doom too cuz ever since the Secret Wars, and i know it hasnt been retconned, Doom's armor was powered by a mini blackhole, about the size of a quarter, that was housed in his armor's ankle......WTF!!!! doesnt marvel realize that a black hole even the size of a pin head could destroy the whole world? seeing as how comparatively a reg. sized black hole can esaily destroy an entire galaxy
How do you even get power from something that absorbs light?

A blsck hole isn't a valid energy source. . Secret wars you say? That story seems to be so full of PIS it rivals Onslaught. . .

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:51 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Creshosk
That actually varies from character to character. Some will accept a decision begrudgingly because the others did. Some will up and up leave the team.

And it's not like villans that turn good always betray the team. Look at rouge and as so far Emma Frost. Both of these were villians that menaced the team. But you certainly wouldn't say that Rogue was a threat now would you?

true but now you have said that, don't you think that would be a cool storyline? Rogue goes all.....well Rogue. lol

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:52 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

explain how dd survives punches from someone who lifts 100 tons while he can lift only 2

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 09:53 PM
General Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote