KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who else is looking forward to "The Dark Tower" comic

Who else is looking forward to "The Dark Tower" comic
Started by: Whurlysplat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who else is looking forward to "The Dark Tower" comic

Stephen Kings Dark Tower comes to Marvel (one of my fave books) and anyone near London should get a ticket to Blackwells in Charing Cross Road on the 7th as Gaiman is signing his new novel. Tickets 5 or 7 pounds depending on what you are - student or adult.

http://www.marvel.com/publishing/st...story.htm?id=51

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 11:46 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I've never read any of the Darktower books. A friend of mine really likes them, and he's told me the basic story, which seems pretty good. I'm more interested in seeing the cultural and media fallout from having Stephen King involved in a comic book.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 02:25 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jimmy Buggs

will spider-man be in it?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 02:44 AM
Jimmy Buggs is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy Buggs a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy Buggs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
will spider-man be in it?

only if Wolverine has filled his 25 comic book appearances per month quota

otherwise it's title changes to "The Dark Tower.....Bub!"

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 03:06 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

"The Dark Bub"

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 09:52 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I won't try and be cool, I seriously hated Dark Tower. Worst book I've ever read.

Dork Tower, the comic strip that made fun of it was 100% better.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 12:11 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Has anybody read any of the Comic version of Never Where (Probably Gaiman's most famous book, after Sandaman) ?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 02:54 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smaxxer

Re: Who else is looking forward to "The Dark Tower" comic

Originally posted by Whurlysplat
Stephen Kings Dark Tower comes to Marvel (one of my fave books) and anyone near London should get a ticket to Blackwells in Charing Cross Road on the 7th as Gaiman is signing his new novel. Tickets 5 or 7 pounds depending on what you are - student or adult.

http://www.marvel.com/publishing/st...story.htm?id=51

DT is great, but many readers won't like the somewhat disturbing ending of the seventh and last book.

And I'm not sure if I want to see pictures of Roland : I have this vivid picture of him in my mind, so... Same for Eddy, Oy, Jake...

Last but not least, hopefully the continuity errors will be left out in the comic version.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 03:41 PM
Smaxxer is currently offline Click here to Send Smaxxer a Private Message Find more posts by Smaxxer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by yahman
Has anybody read any of the Comic version of Never Where (Probably Gaiman's most famous book, after Sandaman) ?

smile of course I have its just a shame, Gaiman didn't do the adaptation - that aside anyone remember the BBC version from about 12 years ago smile

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 04:24 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Whurlysplat
smile of course I have its just a shame, Gaiman didn't do the adaptation - that aside anyone remember the BBC version from about 12 years ago smile

I havn't actually read the book yet, but i loved the serries, it was pretty low budget, but really cool. I was pretty young when it was on !!!!!! Are you sure that was 12 years ago ?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 08:33 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Re: Re: Who else is looking forward to "The Dark Tower" comic

Originally posted by Smaxxer
DT is great, but many readers won't like the somewhat disturbing ending of the seventh and last book.

And I'm not sure if I want to see pictures of Roland : I have this vivid picture of him in my mind, so... Same for Eddy, Oy, Jake...

Last but not least, hopefully the continuity errors will be left out in the comic version.

You just had to ruin the ending didn't you?

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 10:14 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by yahman
I havn't actually read the book yet, but i loved the serries, it was pretty low budget, but really cool. I was pretty young when it was on !!!!!! Are you sure that was 12 years ago ?

It may have been repeated, it was a long time ago - I will google it later and see.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 10:18 PM
Smaxxer

Re: Re: Re: Who else is looking forward to "The Dark Tower" comic

Originally posted by 8bitChris
You just had to ruin the ending didn't you?

I didn't say anything special about the ending, and even if I did, it's not the biggest secret of the world.

And for those who cared : I loved the ending.

DT is certainly great and original, but a tiny little bit overrated. But you won't find many characters in DC or Marvel that are half as cool as Roland of Gilead. I read the stories for Roland, not so much for the rest.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 07:18 PM
Smaxxer is currently offline Click here to Send Smaxxer a Private Message Find more posts by Smaxxer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who else is looking forward to "The Dark Tower" comic

Originally posted by Smaxxer
I didn't say anything special about the ending, and even if I did, it's not the biggest secret of the world.

And for those who cared : I loved the ending.

DT is certainly great and original, but a tiny little bit overrated. But you won't find many characters in DC or Marvel that are half as cool as Roland of Gilead. I read the stories for Roland, not so much for the rest.

I loved the ending to - As one door shuts.............

The man in black fled across the desert!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 12:17 AM
manorastroman

i just saw this article. it'll be f*ing brilliant, teaming with jae lee. and the marvel site says that it will be both a retelling and an expansion, so alot of questions can finally be answered.

i hope they manage to work in danny torrance and pennywise and tak and david and ralph roberts and bill, ben, richie, bev, mike...gah, i'm giddy like a schoolgirl

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 12:45 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote