KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Cosmic or not?

Cosmic or not?
Started by: Crease

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Cosmic or not?

1. What excatly decides whether you're a "Cosmic" hero or villan or not. Do you have to posess the ability to tap cosmic energy for personal use (Thanos, Silver Surfer, Watchers, etc) or do you just have to originate from somewhere other than earth (Gladiator, Superskrull, Alien Symbiote).

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 06:01 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

To me a cosmic is a powerful hero or villain who not from Earth.

Key word is powerful.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 06:10 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by snoopdogg
To me a cosmic is a powerful hero or villain who not from Earth.

Key word is powerful.

but Thor isn't really considered Cosmic..... neither are skyfathers

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 06:29 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Interesting...I've always considered skyfathers cosmic beings based on their power level...Odin or Zeus could easily defeat low to midlevel cosmic beings, or stalemate a thanos. And technically, even though they originated from earth, both Asgard and Olympus exist as seperate magical realms.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 06:51 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

A "cosmic" is a being whose sphere of operations is, minimally, interstellar and as such possesses the power necessary to operate in this theater, a power based on physics...which, now that I think of it, brings me to this...

Regarding so-called "magical" beings, I quote Clarke's Law: "Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinquishable from magic."

H'mmm...

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 09:11 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Mindship
I quote Clarke's Law: "Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinquishable from magic."

Whilst I agree with what you are saying, that quote is the scientific term for say "This is something we can't use science to explain."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 09:29 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

The definition of Cosmic is anyone who gets their power from a cosmic source. Normally from a cosmic entity.

i.e Surfer, Quasar, Genis, Elders, Deathurge, Um...well you get the point.

People like Superman aren't cosmic, technically neither is Thanos, actually. Thanos is as much cosmic as Havok.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 11:40 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quoting anyone's law and pretending it is relevant is usually is a bad thing.

Magic isn't just unexplored technology, it's magic. Usually from internal or from a deity.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 11:42 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by long pig
The definition of Cosmic is anyone who gets their power from a cosmic source. Normally from a cosmic entity.

People like Superman aren't cosmic, technically neither is Thanos, actually. Thanos is as much cosmic as Havok.
Is a Sun considered a cosmic source? I think it is.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 12:09 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it isn't. Not at all, actually. Not in the slightest.

Saying getting power from the Sun is cosmic, is just like saying getting power from Mars is cosmic.

If it's in our solar system, it's not even SLIGHTLY cosmic.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 12:17 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

No, it isn't. Not at all, actually. Not in the slightest.

Saying getting power from the Sun is cosmic, is just like saying getting power from Mars is cosmic.

If it's in our solar system, it's not even SLIGHTLY cosmic.
What about the stars? Is that a cosmic source?

Attachment: superman and starlight.jpg
This has been downloaded 82 time(s).

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 12:22 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, not really.

Havok is as much a cosmic as Superman.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Nov 20th, 2005 at 12:30 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 12:27 AM
jrodslam

What about the stars? Is that a cosmic source?

Supes is holding 100 tons in his hands like its a basketball lol. Sweet.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 12:30 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

No, not really.

Havok isnt a Alien either.

Is he?

Superman draws power from yellow and white stars.

Attachment: superman and starlight 001.jpg
This has been downloaded 80 time(s).

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 12:34 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

not a battle...moved

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 12:42 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Havok draws power from ambient cosmic energy from stars, too.

What does being an alien have to do with anything? Quasar is human and 100% cosmic.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 12:42 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

No, not really.

so are plants...... and you don't call blades of grass cosmic entities

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 01:49 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Havok isnt a Alien either.

Is he?

he is to Superman.... big grin

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 01:50 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Superman not Cosmic?
(please log in to view the image)

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 03:18 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Superman not Cosmic?
(please log in to view the image)

He sure isn't.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 03:47 AM