KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Name the superheroes who could duplicate Jesus' miracles.

Name the superheroes who could duplicate Jesus' miracles.
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Name the superheroes who could duplicate Jesus' miracles.

Of all the non-cosmic superheroes on earth, which ones could duplicate every single one of Jesus' miracles?

Here's the list.
Jesus had power over nature. Jesus exhibited power over nature when he turned water into wine, calmed the tempest, and walked on the sea (Jn. 2: 1-11; Mk. 4: 35-41; 6: 47-50).

Demonstrations of his power over the demon world. Jesus cured a demoniac (demon possessed person, Mk. 1: 23-27). He challenged and cured a violent demoniac and a demon possessed person who was both blind and dumb (Mk. 5: 1-13, Matt. 12: 22, 23).

Jesus displayed miraculous power over the material realm. Jesus manifestly displayed miraculous ability over the material in the feeding of the five thousand (Mk. 6: 37-44).

Jesus was triumphant over physical diseases and infirmities. Jesus healed the mother of Peter's wife of a physical abnormality (Mk. 1: 30, 31). Jesus healed "every sickness and every disease among the people" (Matt. 9: 35). He even restored sight to the blind (Matt. 9: 27-31).

Jesus demonstrated his power over death. Jesus raised Jairus' daughter, the widow's son, and Lazarus from the dead (Mk. 5: 22-24; 35-43; Lk. 7: 11-17; Jn. 11: 34-46).

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 05:29 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Rage
I AM MADE OF RAGE

probably wolverine.....

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 05:35 AM
Ultimate Rage is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Rage a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Rage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, I said name the characters who could duplicate Jesus, not name the guy who made jesus.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 05:39 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Rage
I AM MADE OF RAGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
No, I said name the characters who could duplicate Jesus, not name the guy who made jesus.

laughing laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 05:41 AM
Ultimate Rage is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Rage a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Rage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Re: Name the superheroes who could duplicate Jesus' miracles.

Originally posted by long pig
Of all the non-cosmic superheroes on earth, which ones could duplicate every single one of Jesus' miracles?

Here's the list.
Jesus had power over nature. Jesus exhibited power over nature when he turned water into wine, calmed the tempest, and walked on the sea (Jn. 2: 1-11; Mk. 4: 35-41; 6: 47-50).

Demonstrations of his power over the demon world. Jesus cured a demoniac (demon possessed person, Mk. 1: 23-27). He challenged and cured a violent demoniac and a demon possessed person who was both blind and dumb (Mk. 5: 1-13, Matt. 12: 22, 23).

Jesus displayed miraculous power over the material realm. Jesus manifestly displayed miraculous ability over the material in the feeding of the five thousand (Mk. 6: 37-44).

Jesus was triumphant over physical diseases and infirmities. Jesus healed the mother of Peter's wife of a physical abnormality (Mk. 1: 30, 31). Jesus healed "every sickness and every disease among the people" (Matt. 9: 35). He even restored sight to the blind (Matt. 9: 27-31).

Jesus demonstrated his power over death. Jesus raised Jairus' daughter, the widow's son, and Lazarus from the dead (Mk. 5: 22-24; 35-43; Lk. 7: 11-17; Jn. 11: 34-46).

Wouldn't water to wine fit into the reality control more than the power over nature?

And Jesus also predicted his own death. He's pretty freaking omniscient.

There's some better biblical feats than Jesus's though. One prophet, who was getting laughed at by a bunch of teenagers because of his baldness, decided to curse them in the name of the Lord. Immediately, two bears came from a nearby forest and killed something like 24 of the teenagers. The Bible is freaking hilarious.

Just because of the resurrection stuff, not very many poeple could. It'd take upper level cosmics, like Phoenix or something. Barring those feats, it would take telepathy, matter manipulation, weather powers... Still probably no one below herald level. Thanos could do a lot of it, but he would never, EVER feed 5000 people, if he can help it.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Last edited by Dizzle on Dec 3rd, 2005 at 05:46 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 05:42 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 05:43 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Holy shit.....

I am in awe. AWE.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 05:58 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Now, you have to wonder just how many actual, serious Christians would be seriously offended by this... Jesus didn't need to get resurrected. He jumped off the cross, healed himself, and went apeshit on Zeus. It's like a freaking Chuck Norris story. I'd go as far as to say that this is pretty close to a bastardization of the Bible... This story being both inaccurate and purpose-defeating. Jesus was a human, in every aspect. He could get God to do some pretty sweet stuff for him, but he himself was human. That's the whole POINT of Jesus. Honestly!

Taken lightly, that's pretty freaking hilarious though. Jesus is hardcore.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 05:59 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

"I can't stand here and let them mock my Lord like this! I've--I've got to DO something!"

"Danny, there's.... nothing you can do."

"Then.... I guess I'll just have to grow a sense of humor." =O

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 06:01 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by Piedmon
"I can't stand here and let them mock my Lord like this! I've--I've got to DO something!"

There's a specific line between humor and bad taste. If you walked through Mecca with a sign that said "Allah is a terrorist", would many people think you're funny?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 06:02 AM
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

No, now if I walked through with a sign that said

"Allah want's is a decent pulled pork sandwhich!"

That'd be hilairious.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 06:06 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

No, now if I walked through with a sign that said

"Allah want's is a decent pulled pork sandwhich!"

That'd be hilairious.

To some, it would be. Someone would still probably try to kill you if you walked through Mecca. I wasn't trying to be whiny about them getting the Bible wrong, I'm just saying that mocking religion is a line that one should not cross, even with the excuse of it "just being for fun". It's disrespectful, on par with the harshest of insults. Like calling some dude's mom a cheap whore.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 06:38 AM
abcdguy

Yeh i agree ull probably die. Stoned to death or somthing...not a pleasant way to go i think.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 07:01 AM
abcdguy is currently offline Click here to Send abcdguy a Private Message Find more posts by abcdguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 07:53 AM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Originally posted by Dizzle
To some, it would be. Someone would still probably try to kill you if you walked through Mecca. I wasn't trying to be whiny about them getting the Bible wrong, I'm just saying that mocking religion is a line that one should not cross, even with the excuse of it "just being for fun". It's disrespectful, on par with the harshest of insults. Like calling some dude's mom a cheap whore.

What, you've never made a "last night with your ma!" crack? What do you do in those long, akward spaces between hello and goodbye?

Quite frankly, God is a big boy now and he ought to be able to take a fair ribbing from the hired help. People who can't tolerate the slightest poking at their "faith" are actually showing a lack of confidence, as if jokes like these could somehow damage God or something. And if he violates the tenets of his own faith in his response, then he's overcompensative AND a hypocritical prick.

And lastly, if his faith involves stoning someone to death for cracking a joke, then **** his faith and **** him, his religion isn't worth taking seriously.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 07:56 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I think high level telekinetics could do most of that. Except raising the dead. Surfer could surely pull them all off. Green Lanterns... hmm...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 09:07 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Dr. Strange?

Family Guy. big grin

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 09:39 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

You know it.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 09:43 AM
Maestro

Nate grey

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 10:52 AM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I am a Christian and I find the pictures slightly offensive. Anyone else who is a christian and reads this thread may be offended and I have every right to report you. I won't but I hope this thread stops or I will do so.

Last edited by willRules on Dec 3rd, 2005 at 11:00 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 10:50 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote