KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Choose your New Avengers

Choose your New Avengers
Started by: basilisk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
basilisk

Choose your New Avengers

The Avengers have been defeated. All of them. You are required to assemble a team of New Avengers to save the day. If successful, they will go on to stay an Avengers team.

The stipulations are:

1) You must choose your core team of 7 Avengers, and 3 additional reserves. Nominate a team leader.

2) Nobody on the team can have ever held memberships/positions with the Avengers on any team, that includes all past rosters - New/Secret/Mighty, Avengers Initiative, Academy, GLA, Cap's new team, etc. They have to be brand new to the Avengers.

3) No more than 2 X-Men are allowed in the new core team, and no more than 1 in the reserves.

4) No villains, unless they are somebody who has recently shown willingness to reform by their own choice.

5) Earth based characters only, herald and below.

Who do you choose?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 12:42 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Okay here is one attempt. It's actually quite difficult to try to make a well rounded team since a lot of useful independents, FF, X-Men have been Avengers now, and a lot of the remainders are X-Men. Most TP/TK types are either X-Men or have been used, like Sersi and Moondragon. A lot of good strategists, fighters, and genius types have also been used. I would have liked some more 'normal' personalities on the team (like Cap, Hawkeye etc). Not even sure if some of these guys have never briefly served with the Avengers.

Blue Marvel - super strength, flight, scientific & military background - leader
Ikaris - energy manip, flight, super strength, some psionic & matter manip, scientific knowledge
Talisman - magic
Shroud - martial arts, stealth and infiltration, dark force manip, criminology
Sabra - speed, super strength, durability, flight, power transfer, HTH combat, military/intelligence training
Ghost Rider - supernatural powers, super strength, durability
Sage - computer mind and related powers, tech, martial arts

Reserves:
Snowbird
Doctor Nemesis
Human Torch

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 02:36 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Okay I'll take a try at this. When you say x-men I assume you mean members of that group and not related groups and mutants in general.

Roster.
1-cable (team leader)
2- Polaris
3- Northstar
4- hit-monkey
5- Hogun
6- darkstar
7- ghost rider

Reserves
1- Domino
2- Johnny storm
3- Brood (warbound)

Any issues in that listing?

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Dec 20th, 2012 05:47 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Beta Ray Bill - Muscle
Silver Surfer - Muscle
Gladiator - Muscle
Daimon Hellstrom - Magic
Ghost Rider - Magic/Grittiness
Paladin - Street
Doctor Nemesis - Brain

Reserve:
Satana - Magic
Rocket Raccoon - Awesomeness
Groot - Awesomness

Sadly, the reserve wouldn't be of any use, because my three main members would kick too much ass

Old Post Dec 20th, 2012 09:00 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Beta Ray Bill - Muscle
Silver Surfer - Muscle
Gladiator - Muscle
Daimon Hellstrom - Magic
Ghost Rider - Magic/Grittiness
Paladin - Street
Doctor Nemesis - Brain

Reserve:
Satana - Magic
Rocket Raccoon - Awesomeness
Groot - Awesomness

Sadly, the reserve wouldn't be of any use, because my three main members would kick too much ass

Isn't one of the stipulation being they have to be earth based?
I ask because if we can ignore this then my roster will also see some changes if I can get to it lol.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Dec 20th, 2012 10:30 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

I think the X-Men limit has to include all the X-Teams. I wanted to see some rosters that felt like Avengers, not like a lineup of ex-X-Men and excess X-Team leftovers.

Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot can't be allowed because they are space based.

Brood (warbound) - not sure if he is space based?

Darkstar and Polaris were on my shortlist. Has Darkstar ever been on an X-Team? I went with Shroud as my darkforce user because I wanted a martial arts/street character.

Hit Monkey, Paladin, Satana, and Hogun are interesting choices. But I don't think Satana passes because she has to be coerced to be a true hero.

Beta Ray Bill was another good choice which I forgot about.

Sif was another on my shortlist. And Iceman.

It's quite hard to come up with a good team that feels Avengerish, well rounded, and not too X-Men. Seems almost everyone significant has been an Avenger or in X-Teams.

One of my other lineups was

Blue Marvel
Talisman or Sif
Thena
Iceman
Shroud
Marvel Boy (Agents of Atlas)
Slapstick

Old Post Dec 21st, 2012 05:54 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Squirrel Girl
Thor
Vision
Pym/Wasp vesrsion
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
WonderMan

I'll be happy with this team.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2012 08:15 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by the ninjak
Squirrel Girl
Thor
Vision
Pym/Wasp vesrsion
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
WonderMan

I'll be happy with this team.

I think at least some of these guys may already have been Avengers at some point.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2012 12:28 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by basilisk
I wanted to see some rosters that felt like Avengers, not like a lineup of ex-X-Men and excess X-Team leftovers.

^^^So, a fairly large group w. a nice mix of power levels and a lot of character interplay/clashing personalities.

A tall order (more so now than 2012) considering everyone at Marvel’s fallen under the Avengers umbrella or been in an X-team or both!

Okay, doing a UN sanctioned team using the Avengers moniker after the OG team disbands, as a reason for these guys being together:

IKARIS
(please log in to view the image)
With Cities around the globe, the Eternals are recognized as a sovereign nation by the UN and Ikaris is asked to represent them on the team. While he admits they're decent enough warriors, he knows that he is of course well above them. He often lets them know that.

NUKE
Because, lets face it, the epicenter of most global emergencies are in North America, the US and Canada are each given 2 team slots. Along w. one other...questionable choice, THIS is who our President picks to represent the US. For his part, Nuke (acting as the team’s field leader) isn't used to saving lives and being thanked by grateful civilians. It stirs unusual feelings in him.

MADISON JEFFRIES AND DIAMOND LIL
While Jeffries, who’s providing both armored tech support in service of Canada, views being on the team as a duty to be fulfilled, his better half Lil, the physically strongest woman on the team, sees it as an adventure to be embraced. It makes for fun banter.

DEATHLOK
The US President’s other choice, Deathlok is trying hard not to be just a govt sanctioned killing machine. Being on this team, he’s meeting ppl (one person in particular) that make him want to hold on hard to his humanity.

DARKSTAR AND VANGUARD
Not to be outdone by the US and Canada, Russia finagles 2 slots on the team. Sister Darkstar is trying hard to be professional and keep a distance from her teammates, but finds herself drawn to the broken but noble Deathlok. Angry at being low man in the power totem pole, brother Vanguard tries way too hard to prove himself, and hates that Darkstar spends so much time w. the cyborg abomination from America.

GORILLA MAN
Having spent the last several years in Wakanda after falling out w. the US Govt, Gorilla Man volunteers to represent his adopted country, complete w. Diplomatic immunity which he loves. He’s taken it as a challenge to either get under the skin of his new Chinese teammate’s skin, or make him break character and laugh out loud.

THE COLLECTIVE MAN
The Chinese envoy is the second most powerful team member. He rankles at Ikaris’ superior attitude, and having to take orders from Nuke. And then there’s the little monkey man who keeps trying to make friends w. him. Funny little monkey man...

SABRA
A professional, the Israeli representative is friendly enough on the surface even to her more questionable teammates, but is carefully keeping track of their comings and goings, and the relationships that are developing.

RESERVISTS BATROC, UNION JACK, RED RONIN
An expunged criminal record, a steady paycheck, and the fact that he really is a loyal French patriot, all serve to get the fun loving former Legionnaire Batroc to do his duty.

The running joke is ‘because Captain Britain was too busy’ as to how the street leveler winds up representing the UK on the team instead of the country’s official power house.

No one knows who’s piloting the giant Japanese mecha, and the Japanese arent saying a word.

Last edited by riv6672 on May 19th, 2019 at 01:18 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2019 01:14 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote