KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC's Dark Matter Line/Event

DC's Dark Matter Line/Event
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

DC's Dark Matter Line/Event

Seems pretty cool. You'll have a bunch of new characters introduced.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 06:59 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

The Immortal Men

quote:
Debuting in October
· Written by James Tynion IV with art by Jim Lee
· Born at the dawn of time, five siblings find that with eternal life comes eternal war. As the forces of destruction march into the modern world, they operate from the shadows, recruiting the elite against the foes who seek to bring about Armageddon. They are humankind’s hope sprung eternal….they are the IMMORTAL MEN.

Silencer

quote:
Debuting in September
· Written by Dan Abnett with art by John Romita Jr.
· Honor Guest was the world’s deadliest assassin, until she traded it all for a chance at a “normal” life in the suburbs, free from the constant death and destruction. But as her former life comes back to haunt her, Honor must strip away her suburban persona and protect her family as THE SILENCER.

Damage

quote:
DAMAGE

· Debuting in October
· Written by Robert Venditti with art by Tony S. Daniel
· Ethan Avery only wanted to serve his country, but promises of becoming the ultimate weapon leave the new recruit living a nightmare. Cursed with the ability to unleash an unstoppable monster for one hour at a time, Ethan only wants to live out his life in peace. But if he can tame the monster inside, it might just be able to do more good for the country than Ethan ever expected.

Sideways

quote:
SIDEWAYS
· Debuting in September
· Written by Dan DiDio and Justin Jordan with art by Kenneth Rocafort
· Forever changed by the events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL, a teenager struggles to live through high school as he comes in contact with Dark Matter and gains the power to teleport through the Dark Dimension. But each leap brings the new hero one step closer to succumbing to the allure of his new power and its dark origins.

New Challengers

quote:

· Debuting in December
· Written by Scott Snyder with art by Andy Kubert
· Characters live on borrowed time, running from death toward the greatest mysteries, wonders and terrors of the universe! It’s a new cast, new mission, but in conversation with the history and greatness of the original Challengers of the Unknown. The story starts with Challengers Mountain returning after having been missing for years, and only gets wilder from there…

http://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-dark-matter-line-details/

http://www.newsarama.com/34149-new-...ter-art.html#s5

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 06:59 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 07:03 PM
riv6672

They all seem fairly generic.
The challengers is the only one interesting to me, and only to see how they tie in/ignore history.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2017 05:27 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Challengers and Immortal Men are the only ones that interest me. Beings infused with Nth Metal sounds pretty cool.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2017 09:29 PM
riv6672

The creative teams will likely bail after 1, maybe 2 arcs; if these books are still going in a year i'll be surprised.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 05:06 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

So the idea is that these titles will be "artist-driven" rather than "writer-driven"? I read a comment like that somewhere on the Twitterverse. This could go either way. I usually pick my titles by writer, rather than artist, but there have been a few artists who have convinced me that disregarding the artist's contribution is a major mistake (Stjepan Sejic being the most recent).

This might be worth checking out, I think.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 05:23 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Hope its worth your shekels, bruddah. thumb up

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 10:32 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Hope its worth your shekels, bruddah. thumb up

Ayuh, I usually prefer to read a whole arc at a time, though, so I will wait a while before I start spreading my shekels.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 05:33 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

A lot of cool art from NYCC. And Grant Morrison will be joining Scott Snyder on a book.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:53 PM
riv6672

Heard there's a book called The Terrifics on tap for this? Must be a recent addition or i missed it before.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 03:27 AM
riv6672

The books have lasted a little longer than i predicted, but not much.

I wound up HATING The Challengers book. Ugh.
Damage and Sideways were highly recommended, so tried and enjoyed them. The Terrifics was quirky good.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 11:32 AM