KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Would it be good if DC and Marvel merged?

Would it be good if DC and Marvel merged?
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Would it be good if DC and Marvel merged?

What if Time Warner bought Disney, or if Disney bought Time Warner? What if they decided to merge the DC Universe with the Marvel Universe? Would the merge work out?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 09:54 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

That would be cool

Old Post Nov 5th, 2019 02:29 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Just like in comics, a DC vs Marvel crossover is cool for a short series, but not in the long haul. IMO, probably wouldn't do as well in a live action film.

Now animated films, they might be epic.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 5th, 2019 08:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would Love an Avengers JLA crossover Supes beating on Thor and Hulk would be fine. Cap beating on Batman etc.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 10:40 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Instead of being rivals, they just need to kiss and make up.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 05:17 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Id hate that. Theyd lose what makes each comic book empire unique. They each have a different tone and it would be a shame for that to be watered down.

More crossovers would be good though.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2020 04:38 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Well I could see it as two different infinite multiveres. I don't see why either would need to be watered down, but instead we would be able to see Superman appear in an Avengers comic and Thor on Apokolips, etc.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 04:37 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
What if Time Warner bought Disney, or if Disney bought Time Warner? What if they decided to merge the DC Universe with the Marvel Universe? Would the merge work out?

That'd be terrible.

Well I could see it as two different infinite multiveres. I don't see why either would need to be watered down, but instead we would be able to see Superman appear in an Avengers comic and Thor on Apokolips, etc.

that means nothing to me. The companies are a terrible fit for each other. Far too different

Old Post Jan 16th, 2021 06:21 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

This is a quote from Doomsday Clock.

On July 10th, 2030, The Secret Crisis begins, throwing Superman into a brawl across the universe with Thor himself… and a Green Behemoth stronger than even Doomsday, who dies protecting Superman from these invaders.

Was this a foreshadowing of events to come? Will Disney purchase DC comics, or will Warner purchase Marvel comics in order to merge both companies? I for one truly hope so.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2022 04:35 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

This is a quote from Doomsday Clock.

On July 10th, 2030, The Secret Crisis begins, throwing Superman into a brawl across the universe with Thor himself… and a Green Behemoth stronger than even Doomsday, who dies protecting Superman from these invaders.

Was this a foreshadowing of events to come? Will Disney purchase DC comics, or will Warner purchase Marvel comics in order to merge both companies? I for one truly hope so.

I hope not. On the other hand, both companies will ruin their characters till then, so why not.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jul 17th, 2022 06:21 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote