KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Welcome To The Respect Forum!

Welcome To The Respect Forum!
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Welcome To The Respect Forum!

Hi everyone! This is something I've been wanting for a while, because we have an ever-growing respect directory that is one of the best on the internet (and possibly the best).

I'll be transferring all of our current respect threads to this forum in upcoming days.

Please keep spam to a minimum and such. I'll have a "Rules" thread up soon, and other stuff.

For now, use this as our "Off-Topic Respect Discussion" thread.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 08:30 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

Great forum, a bit annoying, I'll end up clicking here while trying to get to the versus forum. But good that it's here! Much easier to find 'speck threads.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 08:31 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Hooray!

Thanks Digi (now it'll be possible to find the respect threads).

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 08:34 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Finally!

This will clean things up a bit.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 08:38 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Besides cleaning things up, it also makes us seem more "official". SHC has a respect forum, but it's probably about half our size. The level of committment that many people have put into making quality respect threads means that we should have our own place.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 08:40 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I saw that you've divided up alpha flight, is that going to be a common thing with other teams? As i recall, though, most of the other teams have been individually done anyway, so i'd say the larger bulk of your work is done, right? stick out tongue

I wasnt a big supporter of the need for a respect forum, but its here now, so good luck and i hope it gets decent traffic...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 08:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Schweeeeeetness!

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 08:43 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Comic forums 1 - 0 complaining OTF posters smile

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 08:44 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Besides cleaning things up, it also makes us seem more "official". SHC has a respect forum, but it's probably about half our size. The level of committment that many people have put into making quality respect threads means that we should have our own place.
I agree.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 08:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 08:45 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

Originally posted by Scoobless
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Originally posted by Galan007
I agree.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 08:46 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I transferred through Electro from teh Marvel directory. I have some errands to run right now, but I'll get to the rest tonight or tommorow at the latest.

Last edited by Digi on Jan 18th, 2007 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 09:01 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I transferred through Electro from teh Marvel directory. I have some errands to run right now, but I'll get to the rest tonight or tommorow at the latest.

I'd also like to note that if you have any ideas for things you'd like to see happen with this forum, let me know. I'm pretty much in charge (since the other comic Mods have been largely MIA) and I appreciate outside input.

I've also been thinking of having a series of threads to "rank" the best respect threads. But it would have to be more than a simple poll, because those are largely ineffective and come down to popularity of the characters more than actual quality of the threads.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 09:07 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just a suggestion, might as well put it here...

to aid making the whole thing more, official, i guess, a spell check on the titles themselves wouldnt go amiss (i know, not the most important thing obviously), i just think it might just look better to the first time viewer... *shrugs*

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 09:17 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'd also like to note that if you have any ideas for things you'd like to see happen with this forum, let me know. I'm pretty much in charge (since the other comic Mods have been largely MIA) and I appreciate outside input.

I've also been thinking of having a series of threads to "rank" the best respect threads. But it would have to be more than a simple poll, because those are largely ineffective and come down to popularity of the characters more than actual quality of the threads.
I'm not sure how your planning on organizing this forum Digi, but it might be easier if the threads were in alphabetical order.

I know it's chaotic now, but it might be something to think about in the future?

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 18th, 2007 at 09:26 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 09:21 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

So your making a separate forum (kinda like the separate Spidey and Supes forums) am I right ?

Awesome !

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 09:40 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Heh. Cool.

Everyone go look at the Aquaman Respect Thread.

Yeah.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 09:56 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Galan007
I'm not sure how your planning on organizing this forum Digi, but it might be easier if the threads were in alphabetical order.

I know it's chaotic now, but it might be something to think about in the future?

Er, threads get bumped up and down based on when someone ahs posted in them, like any other forum. I can't really alphabetize the forum....just teh directories.

Originally posted by pr1983
Just a suggestion, might as well put it here...

to aid making the whole thing more, official, i guess, a spell check on the titles themselves wouldnt go amiss (i know, not the most important thing obviously), i just think it might just look better to the first time viewer... *shrugs*

...I'll keep my eyes open. thumb up

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 11:39 PM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

If people want to see the threads by alphabetical order they can just click the word "Thread" in the second blue bar... at least for the threads that have been named "........ Respect Thread"

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 11:49 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

...the directories (which are also getting transferred) are alphabetical. It shouldn't really be a problem.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 11:52 PM