KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Dan Aykroyd in Temple Of Doom?

Dan Aykroyd in Temple Of Doom?
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Dan Aykroyd in Temple Of Doom?

Where was Dan Akyroyd's scenes in Temple Of Doom? It's been 20 years since I last saw it - I don't even remember him being in it, when I watched it the first time.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 8th, 2008 08:57 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roldahayes3
Formally Darth Hayes

Well acording to IMDB he played Earl Webber but I cant remember him there at all!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 12:02 AM
Roldahayes3 is currently offline Click here to Send Roldahayes3 a Private Message Find more posts by Roldahayes3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Yes, 'tis true - Dan Aykroyd really *is* in "Temple Of Doom" (I didn't believe it myself until my brother actually pointed him out to me stick out tongue !). He has a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo as the man who speaks to Indiana at the airport towards the beginning of the film, just after the car chase with Lao Che's men; Aykroyd's character explains to Indy about the last-minute transportation that he has arranged for him.

His character, if I recall correctly, has a moustache, and speaks with a very thick British accent. Add to that the fact that he's only in the film for about 15 seconds, and it's no wonder that many people don't know that this was him stick out tongue . I'd love to know how this cameo came about ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 12:21 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Aykroyd was friends with Spielberg, going back to working on '1941'.
Now, checking IMDB's cast list, I see Lucas had a cameo somewhere as a missionary. Time to check the videotape evidence!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 03:34 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Lucas? Really? Interesting. I heard an interview with GL about ROTS where he claimed he would do his first cameo.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 12:40 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Lucas? Really? Interesting. I heard an interview with GL about ROTS where he claimed he would do his first cameo.

I guess he meant his first Star Wars cameo.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 02:13 PM
queeq
Chaos

Prolly. Never knew he cameo'd in Indy though. A missionary huh? In what film?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 02:30 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Aykroyd was friends with Spielberg, going back to working on '1941'.

Ah - thanks for clearing that up smile .

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 03:53 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Ahnold's happy.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 06:37 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I was briefly ... but now I really want to know where Lucas is in "Temple Of Doom" stick out tongue !

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 11:12 PM
exanda kane

Dammit! I saw Temple of Doom earlier (trilogy DVD thingme) and didn't see this! I could have found him and perhaps his lost movie career!

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 12:20 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I found this:

"Cameo: [George Lucas] a missionary in the background in the airport scene at the beginning "

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 11:57 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Ah - thank you queeq. And now I'm happy once again stick out tongue !

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 05:15 PM
queeq
Chaos

Now I have to go out and spot him.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 06:48 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

lol i thought that was dan aykroyd when i watched it the other nightstick out tongue now i'll have to look for Lucas too

...also didnt know that TOD was set a year before Raiders huh

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 02:45 AM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Where have you been?

Did you notice the OB1 Club at least? wink

Aykroyd wasn''t hard to spot. Lucas is in the background somewhere.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 01:40 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

yeah it's wierd, i've been a "fan" since i was a kid and i didnt notice all these things because i've never really properly watched them until recently, but now i've gone from being a fan to a fanatic i guess..

...oh and i've also learned that James Woods was in one of those boxes at the end of Raiders' laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 05:52 PM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing

Next to the one with Rob Schneider?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 08:17 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

"We have top men working on it now. "

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 08:55 PM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 08:41 AM