KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » What do you think of this idea?

What do you think of this idea?
Started by: PRAYERRUN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PRAYERRUN

What do you think of this idea?

I don't know exactly where to post this, but since I based this on the Indiana Jones character, I'll post this here. If it gets moved or deleted, it won't hurt me all that much but I'm just wanting to know what others might think about this idea.

What if there was an Indiana Jones-like character that lived on another planet? The civilization on this planet looked at their future like Indiana looks at the past...as a lost mystery. Their past is litterally forgotten to prevent wars from happening. That means if I dissed somebodies momma one day, the next day, the event is forgotten on purpose by all who were involved, thus preventing issues to build up to something it shouldn't. This is just the way of their civilization...no fear involved...no corruption can build up. Because of this, the future is looked like a sort of history, except it's always a mystery to be solved by researchers all over the world. In fact...this entire civilization is made up of researchers of this sort. The only problem with their way of life, is that they aren't allowed, by thier rules of civilization, to actually REMEMBER anything that they might discover, thus keeping the mystery of the future from being unsolved. One man,(we'll call him Indiana Jones) see's no sense in this way of life, and decides that he wants to remember what he discovers. He's able to go along in this way...discovering new things, until a small group of people break the rules themselves after discovering his secret, and make it their commitment to make Indiana go back to the traditional ways of forgetting the past for a better future.
He isn't willing to go back to the old ways, having found more excitement in his new ways. The group decides that they will keep bending the rules of society until Indiana forfits his little crusade, and goes back to the old ways of doing things. Indiana refuses and is then forced out of their society, having been deemed " unworthy " of being apart of them. They decide to keep bending the rules after realizing that Indiana must not be let back in their society, and keep their past memories in order to make sure that Indiana never returns. Distressed, Indiana keeps studying the future, wanting to keep his mind off of his isolation. He begins to discover newer and greater things in his studies. He suddenly wishes that he could share his discoveries with somebody else...but alas, he cannot. He is too be alone for the rest of his life for breaking the rules. Then, one day, he discovers something in the future that completely horrifies him...something that might mean the end of his world. Realizing that he has to warn somebody of this event, he makes the decision to return to the civilization that abandoned him and try to convince them that in fact, their ways MUST be changed for them to survive the terrible event that is comming.

Please tell me what you think.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 08:25 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Not bad.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 06:57 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

Thanks!! big grin Also,

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 09:57 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

sorry I got distracted and imediately pusted submit lol.

Also, in this story, the main character has the problems of both getting past the group sworn too never let him back in society AND the fact that based on the rules of their civilization, the people he used to hang with don't even remember who he is.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 10:00 PM
Incanus
Istari

Not bad. Not "wtfomgYAYUBERGOODWOOhappyhappyhappyhappy" good, very few things are like that, but good nonetheless.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 10:37 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

Ok this is really cool. I actually got a response!!!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 07:47 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, this seems like a good place to mention this:

I saw a stripper tonight named Ninja who wore goggles. no expression

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 07:36 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Pics please.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 05:16 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

They don't let you take pictures inside the strip club, sad

It was one of the most unitentionally funny things I've ever seen.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 05:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Innovative.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 01:05 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Alright, fair enough. It could be the wave of the future.. THE FUTURE IS UPON US LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! STRIPPERS NOW WEAR GOGGLES!!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 09:16 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I bet they always have... in their tan booths.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 09:30 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, but she wasn't at the tanning bed!! In fact, she was pretty pale, as I recall. It's fashion, man. It's fashion. It changes constantly!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 09:35 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well goggles are cool.

Except beer googles.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 09:38 PM
queeq
Chaos

I WANT PICS... not excuses.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 08:10 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 08:38 AM
queeq
Chaos

there you are. See, leech, that wasn't very hard, was it.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 05:50 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I couldn't resist the power of a decent vaderesque line.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 11:27 PM
queeq
Chaos

Now start breathing heavily.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2012 07:59 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Start?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2012 10:29 AM