KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Indiana Pratt?

Indiana Pratt?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Indiana Pratt?

quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Here’s one from the helluva good idea department. Marvel offerings are soaring and Star Wars is being reinvigorated by director JJ Abrams. Now, Disney has just started to turn its attention to reviving the Indiana Jones franchise after buying the rights from Paramount in 2013. I’m cautioned that while things are very early, I hear the studio has set its sights on Chris Pratt as the swashbuckling archaeologist they hope to build the new franchise around, the role made famous by Harrison Ford in Raiders Of The Lost Ark. Pratt jumped to leading man movie status with his performance in last year’s blockbuster Guardians Of The Galaxy for Marvel and Disney. He starts The Magnificent Seven with Denzel Washington and director Antoine Fuqua in April for MGM and Sony, and there’s the inevitable Guardians Of The Galaxy sequel. Disney won’t comment and all this is admittedly early, so let’s chalk it up as a dishy informed rumor for now and keep an eye on it.

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

I like Pratt, from well before Guardians, but not super excited by this. it could work i guess...

Old Post Jan 28th, 2015 01:50 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Bradley Cooper seemed to be the choice for Disney before this. I wonder who would be better...

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 12:49 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Heard good idea. Keep Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. Have Chris Pratt be Indy's other son, Montana Jones. Have Montana Jones/Pratt kill Shia LaBeouf. Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 03:53 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Bradley Cooper seemed to be the choice for Disney before this. I wonder who would be better...

I'm still holding out for Patton Oswalt but, i prefer Cooper to Pratt, all things considered.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 12:27 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Heard good idea. Keep Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. Have Chris Pratt be Indy's other son, Montana Jones. Have Montana Jones/Pratt kill Shia LaBeouf. Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Or they could have it set back when Indy is in his younger days obviously with a different actor.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2015 05:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Indiana Jones Chronicles style?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2015 11:17 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah have it set after Temple of Doom & before Last Crusade, There's like 4 years between those events

or even after Last Crusade and Before Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2015 12:01 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

OMG... all this reviving stuff.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 08:25 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah have it set after Temple of Doom & before Last Crusade, There's like 4 years between those events

or even after Last Crusade and Before Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Not a bad idea...thumb up

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 09:52 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yes it is.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 02:00 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Why?
Its no worse than any ideas coming out of Hollywood right now.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 02:44 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by queeq
Yes it is.

How would you do it?.....instead of just complaining about it.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 05:29 AM
queeq
Chaos

I would leave it alone, to be honest. And Riv is right, it's like any idea coming out of Hollywood. Indy never was that. So it's a wrong starting point.

But if... IF you want to go on, you'd probably have to reboot the lot. I mean, I don't need an old Harrison Ford playing more Indy's. I always wanted to BE Indy, I didn't need to SEE Indy. So an old Ford is out of the question for me.

And then start over? Well, apart from the fact that I think it's a bad idea, it all comes down to starting at the basic: nazi's and a good McGuffin. But the McGuffin is the hard part.

Atlantis would be nice, but the topic itself is mwah...prolly not very original. I dunno. Noah's Ark maybe? You need something big, some major myth or magical artefact. Garden of Eden maybe...

And then of course, a damn fine actor.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 08:54 PM
riv6672

So basically its not really a bad idea, you just dont like it. Thats cool.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 11:44 AM
queeq
Chaos

It was a very good idea in the 80s. wink

Now, I fear it will be a CGI fest with unconvincing actors, action and plot lines... The only reason they milk it is because of the money. Not because of the kind of movie they wanna make, like Lucas en Spielberg did at the time. That is why I think it's a bad idea.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 07:36 AM
riv6672

Still just sounds like you dont like it.

If you really think the IJ movies and sequels werent motivated by wanting to make money, well, you have some rose tinted glasses going on. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 10:51 AM
queeq
Chaos

Of course they were, but not with the idea of: what can we do to make a lot of money. They thought: wouldn't it be a good idea to do some 50s serial like movie!

Now the idea is: how can we milk the franchise?

There is a difference.

And yes, I still don't like it. Unless a good reboot convinces me otherwise.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 10:31 AM
riv6672

K.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 11:24 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Steven Spielberg May Direct Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...s-indiana-jones

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 02:04 AM
riv6672

All i can say is, get TO it, Spielberg! You're no spring chicken yourself!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 10:52 AM