KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Blue And The Green LiteSabers....

Blue And The Green LiteSabers....
Started by: SimK68

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SimK68
Restricted

Account Restricted

Blue And The Green LiteSabers....

Whats the diffrence? Is the green more powerful? And is it for more advanced Jedi?

"If The Jedi Find Out What We Are Planning To Build, We're Doomed."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 01:33 AM
Click here to Send SimK68 a Private Message Find more posts by SimK68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

its probably just the users preference, thats all......

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 05:13 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Mace Windu has a purple one so I dunno...

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:27 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

What are the sabres made of?

Jedi/padawan's don't go to the Council store to purchase them, do they? ninja If I remember correctly, this part of their training isn't it?
K, will read up on starwars.com

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 08:27 AM
Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Whilst there have been plenty of attempts- for colour to denote Force Philosophy or seniority- it has proven impossible to say that sabre colour is down to anything other than preference.

Sabres are made of... well... hi-tech stuff. We know they have crystals that act as batteries (some people think the crystals are for focussing but thay seems doubtful).

Canonical stuff on it is non-existant; the ROTJ radio version has some semi-canon comment on it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 12:00 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

Where are these crystals mined? Do the bad guys all shop in the same place? santa beer

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 12:47 PM
Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it's just a color and that's all, otherwise if one was better, everyone would take that color

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:59 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yeah what yerss said.

The crystal's some say acts as the color of the lightsaber.

Green makes a green saber, blue for blue, red for red, etc.

Mace Windu was supposedly given some purple crystals a long time back and he uses them for his lightsaber.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 07:09 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

My thoughts...

The crystal is for focasing a light into a laser (like a real laser).
The technical part in the sabre handle is the bit that controls the blade length/intensity.
The colour of the blade comes from colour of the crystal which is down to the preference of the maker.
I seem to remember Gantoris made a multi-crystal sabre that could change colour.

Last edited by Baylin on Sep 21st, 2003 at 09:40 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 09:37 AM
Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, the best source we have (ROTJ radio) says that the crystal is used as a battery, not a focus, and so could have nothing to do with colour- the blade is instead focussed through a lens.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

*waits for people to comment that Mace has a red and blue crystal in his sabre*

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 12:50 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(it will come)

BtVS

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 12:51 PM
LanceWindu

*Waiting*

Now what yerss?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 05:46 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, give it some time big grin

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:08 PM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Shall I say it?? stick out tongue laughing

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Sure

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 01:58 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

there are two crystals in lightsabers. there is a primary crystal, then a focusing crystal. in the rearmost part of the hilt is a diatium power cell.....it provides power to the primary crystal...then there is the focus crystal....

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 06:04 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Well that makes sense! So I was nearly right!!!! big grin

Hey what about Mace having a red and blue crystal in his sabre?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 07:34 AM
Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

How do you know this?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 09:40 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There are only EU sources that talk of a focussing crystal. The most canoncial source we have directly refers to a 'focal lens' (which is also described as having a concave surface).

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 22nd, 2003 at 12:08 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 12:01 PM