KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Sidious' (PT) Apprentices Vs. Team Vaapad

Sidious' (PT) Apprentices Vs. Team Vaapad
Started by: jollyjim311

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Sidious' (PT) Apprentices Vs. Team Vaapad

Team Sidious:
Maul, Tyranus, and Vader.

(Note: No Sidious, and this is ROTS Vader)

Team Vaapad:
Mace Windu, Depa Billiba, Sora Bulq, and Quinlan (in attempt to balance it, seeing as how he didn't know that much Vaapad).

No offensive force powers, only sabers.

Setting: Death Star II, a mostly neutral enviornment with a few terrain features like elevated spots and the like.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 02:54 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

This is pretty difficult. I'd say.... maybe Mace and Depa could hold off Dooku and Vader while Bulq and Vos kill Maul.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Council#13
This is pretty difficult. I'd say.... maybe Mace and Depa could hold off Dooku and Vader while Bulq and Vos kill Maul.

I would think that Depa would get killed off by Vader before Bulq and Vos could kill Maul. Maul would have a good chance himself against those two, actually.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 03:12 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

I'm not so sure how well Maul would stand up against Bulq and Vos.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 03:23 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

this is really difficult to say because as good as Mace is, he's not even the best with VAppad on his team (by his own admission), so there's tremendous talent on his team. On the flip side of that, you have 3 of the greatest duelists the darkside has known, hell even lightside included being that Anakin and Dooku were once Jedi. Well, Dooku's beaten Mace before, not saying that that guarantees him a victory, but its a good notch to have on your belt. Vader, if in the right mindset, can beat virtually anyone on the list, or pretty much anyone period, so thats a plus for the Sith. I'm thinking if Maul, being around two other very skilled and proficient duelists, can become more serious, i.e. not be so overconfident and just taking the kill when he can, he can be a big contender in this fight. He's much quicker than Mace and has a better overall arsenal (kicks, punches, and throws.) so he should be able to do some damage.

I dunno, I'm thinking maybe the Sith win with only either Anakin or Dooku surviving. I say that because they might try to double team Vader with Mace and Sora (thats the one who Mace said was better, right?) the two best, due to who he is, leaving the other two sith with one-on-one fights that I think they would be able to win. So yea...I'd say the Sith after a VERY difficult fight.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 03:51 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

He commented on her bladework, meaning, her skill is better. That doesn't mean she has the speed, strength or foce connection to beat Mace (also, Mace has shatterpoint).

This all depends on the matchups.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 04:29 PM
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

The Sith team has an big advantage, but if Mace had 1 more dualist with him, or at least Kenobi instead of one of the combatants, it would be a lot closer.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by jollyjim311
He commented on her bladework, meaning, her skill is better. That doesn't mean she has the speed, strength or foce connection to beat Mace (also, Mace has shatterpoint).

This all depends on the matchups.

All jedi have shatterpoint ability if I remember right, just not nearly to the degree that Mace has.

(Think he had higher than most masters as a kid)

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 07:41 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Hmm, this is actually pretty close.
Mace takes Tyranus. (long fight)
Maul and Sora are even.
Quinlan and Depa vs. Vader? Hmm, Vader's pretty strong but I don't see him taking the two of them at once.

So vVder dies first, then Depa and Quinlan help Sora beat Maul. By this time Dooku is dead,

Even if you're of the belief that Dooku is above Maul, then when Vader dies Depa goes and helps Mace and Quinlan helps Sora and it is still a Vaapad victory.

quote:
I would think that Depa would get killed off by Vader before Bulq and Vos could kill Maul. Maul would have a good chance himself against those two, actually.

Are you kidding me? I'm a huge Maul fan and eitehr Vos or Bulq are close to Maul on their own, maybe even on par with him, he's lose pretty badly to both of them at once. In the worst case scenario for the Vaapad users Maul and Depa die at the same time and then Vos and Bulq take out Vader while Mace takes out Dooku.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 08:05 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi

Originally posted by darthsith19

Even if you're of the belief that Dooku is above Maul.

What, how can you say that, Maul is very good, but he is not better then Dooku.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 08:50 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apollo Cloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

As a swordsman he's not far off Dooku. And I'm pretty sure DarthSith meant Mace.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Apollo Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Apollo Cloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi

I think Dooku is better then Maul, by some margin, Maul cant compete with likes of Yoda and Mace.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 08:58 PM
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

i don't see how Anakin/Vader dies first...at all...he's the best of that team...this isn't vader in his suit, and dark side vader is not synonymous with cray breserk not thinking clear Anakin...

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 12:14 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Vader killed off Cin Drallig while choking one of his gifted Padawans, and hammered Dooku. I think he can take on Sora and Vos. Especially seeing as how they have no synergy.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 04:08 AM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
What, how can you say that, Maul is very good, but he is not better then Dooku.

quote:
As a swordsman he's not far off Dooku. And I'm pretty sure DarthSith meant Mace.

I did mean Mace and it's true that Maul is nearly as good a swordsman as Dooku is.
quote:
I think Dooku is better then Maul, by some margin, Maul cant compete with likes of Yoda and Mace.

Yet he beat Anoon Bondara, who is stated to be the best swordsman of his era in two different sources and while not at full strength he beat Qui-Gon, who is said to have rivaled Mace. No, Maul's definately close to Dooku (as far as sword fighting goes).
quote:
i don't see how Anakin/Vader dies first...at all...he's the best of that team...this isn't vader in his suit, and dark side vader is not synonymous with cray breserk not thinking clear Anakin...

Yes, he is the best of the Dark Side team, but the Vaapad users are quite strong, too, and is not going to last as long against Depa and Vos, two on one, as Bulq is going to last against Maul. The point is, all the battles would be fairly long but, assuming Vader tries to take on two opponents at once, he will be the first to go.
quote:
Vader killed off Cin Drallig while choking one of his gifted Padawans, and hammered Dooku. I think he can take on Sora and Vos. Especially seeing as how they have no synergy.

Giften Padawans? Lol, Bene can hardly be called gifted, and if I'm not mistaken he was holding her with his right hand, which his mechanical hand. He likely snapped her neck in a second with that hand and then went full strength against Cin, which could have lasted several minutes for all we know. And at any rate Depa and Vos would stomp over Bene and Cin any day. Your right though that if they don't work well together Vader stands a chance. I'm assuming that they will work okay together.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 04:38 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader11

If Anakin fights Mace, then Dooku & Maul can beat the others before Anakin falls. Sith win.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 05:48 AM
Click here to Send vader11 a Private Message Find more posts by vader11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0°Mandalore°0
Mandalorian Pride

Yeah. Mace will probably beat Anakin, but not before Dooku and Maul kill the others

A warrior knows nothing of surrender.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 06:12 AM
Click here to Send 0°Mandalore°0 a Private Message Find more posts by 0°Mandalore°0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Originally posted by Riverollv
Yeah. Mace will probably beat Anakin, but not before Dooku and Maul kill the others

You guys seriously think that Dooku and Maul can take Vos, Depa, Sora before Mace takes down Anakin? I doubt it, I'm not sure Maul and Dooku could take them down period. I mean, when Bulq and Mace fought Mace won but it was pretty close, Sora's got to be on par with Maul, so he holds Maul off and if Billaba and Vos mesh well together I doubt Dooku will be able to beat them. Depa's supposedly better than Mace is with Vaapad, add in Vos, who's extremely lucky and skilled, has beaten Sora, Volfe Karkko, and defeated Tol Skorr and Kadrian Sey simultaneously. I'm not so sure Maul and Dooku could take those 3...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 06:59 PM
vader11

Originally posted by darthsith19
You guys seriously think that Dooku and Maul can take Vos, Depa, Sora before Mace takes down Anakin? I doubt it, I'm not sure Maul and Dooku could take them down period. I mean, when Bulq and Mace fought Mace won but it was pretty close, Sora's got to be on par with Maul, so he holds Maul off and if Billaba and Vos mesh well together I doubt Dooku will be able to beat them. Depa's supposedly better than Mace is with Vaapad, add in Vos, who's extremely lucky and skilled, has beaten Sora, Volfe Karkko, and defeated Tol Skorr and Kadrian Sey simultaneously. I'm not so sure Maul and Dooku could take those 3...

It's actually hard to decide which side to win. If Mace go for Dooku, they would fight for a while...then Ankain & Maul could fight the others. I think Dooku can hold off Vos & Sora for a while(like he fight Obi & Anakin in ROTS) (Are Obi & Anakin is better than Vos & Sora? If that so, Dooku may take them down. But it seems Anakin & Maul may fall...) Dooku may use some force in the fight, maybe he can take those guy down & help Anakin then Sith win...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 07:16 PM
Click here to Send vader11 a Private Message Find more posts by vader11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

It's strictly lightsabers. And Obi Wan and Anakin are far above Vos and Sora.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 08:17 PM