KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman Vs Martian Manhunter

Superman Vs Martian Manhunter
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Superman Vs Martian Manhunter

1. Superman has MMs power set, not his own. Only experience he has is (besides using his own all his life) what he knows from fighting beside MM and fighting foes with like powers.

2. Martian Manhunter has Supes' power set, not his own. Only experience he has is (besides using his own all his life) what he knows from fighting beside Supes and fighting foes with like powers.

Pre DCnu versions. No prep. No BFR. Midtown Manhattan. Start distance 1 city block.

EDIT
In the above scenarios, they are in equal bodies. Supes has MM powers. So does MM.

MM with Supes powers. So does Supes.

Last edited by riv6672 on Nov 25th, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 10:37 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Superman loses this, MAssive weakness with HV, but also, that lack of control with telepathy is liability.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 10:44 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

But MM body dont have weakeness to the HV. It is a psicologic fear, dont ?

Also, MM alredy used intangibility against Prime HV.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 11:02 AM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
But MM body dont have weakeness to the HV. It is a psicologic fear, dont ?

Also, MM alredy used intangibility against Prime HV.

Meh, they SAID it was psychological, but we sawit affecting him later on as well.

MM used intangibility, sure. Would Clark have the experience for using it?

Although, I see there is an edit. Does this mean they BOTH have a weakness to fire/Kryptonite?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 11:23 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, same powers, same weaknesses, individual experience only.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 11:44 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Hmm. Well, MM should have an easier time of it - Superman's powerset isn't that different from his, only in scale.

Superman now has to learn how to control new powers such as intangibility, maintaining his form, telepathy etc.

The intangibility shouldn't be too hard - after all, when he was Electric Blue Superman, he had some measure of experience with it.

However, I also remember how long it took for him to get used to his new powers. So he isn't THAT quick a study.That telepathy is going to be a huge liability, IMHO, when he starts getting overloaded. So MM would win this.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 11:50 AM
riv6672

Neat.
Hadnt thought of a few of those factors at all.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 11:58 AM
DarkSaint85

ON THE OTHER HAND.....

Martian knowledge is genetic. MM has the combined knowledge of his entire culture in his DNA, which includes telepathic warfare tactics (amongst other things).

Ergo, if they are in equal bodies, Superman should have the knowledge within him. It'll be close, and I still give it to MM, but its dependent on how quickly Superman can access the knowledge etc.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 12:22 PM
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

MY BOY MARTIAN MANHUNTER HAS THE ROUND WHERE THEY HAVE THE SAME POWERS.

When they both share clarks powers i think that clark has some pretty good martial arts techniques including being taught by batman and knowing forms of kryptonian martial arts.

MMH wins round 1, superman wins round 2.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 12:25 PM
thingy150 is currently offline Click here to Send thingy150 a Private Message Find more posts by thingy150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by thingy150
MY BOY MARTIAN MANHUNTER HAS ROUND 1

When they both share clarks powers i think that clark has some pretty good martial arts techniques including being taught by batman and knowing forms of kryptonian martial arts.

MMH wins round 1, superman wins round 2.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 12:26 PM
thingy150 is currently offline Click here to Send thingy150 a Private Message Find more posts by thingy150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

How we can know how hard is to control MM powers ?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 12:26 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did ms martian struggle with her powers, i have not read much of anything with her but if she struggles to control her powers like she does in YJ then that is your answer.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 12:29 PM
DarkSaint85

Because MM needs focus and meditation and control with his TP. And the shapeshifting is dependent on studying their opponent and using TP.

IOW, his powers aren't instinctual. Hence why Plastic Man was so well suited against Fernus.

Now, if they aren't instinctual, does it mean that it's hard? No. To answer your question, 'how hard is it', I don't know. But I am using his experience when he got new powers as Electric Superman, as a yardstick to how he performs when he gets new powers.

Edit: found the scan I referred to:

(please log in to view the image)
The Martian can't compete without full concentration

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Nov 25th, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 12:35 PM
riv6672

Nice.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 12:46 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Darksaint, nice breakdown.

Where did it show that martian memory is genetic??

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 01:38 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by beatboks
Darksaint, nice breakdown.

Where did it show that martian memory is genetic??

I will look out for it, don't have my scans atm. IIRC, it was in WW3 (the Morrison penned one) where J'onn teaches Batman how to fly the Martian ship in Limbo; also, the genetic memories unlocked which makes Fernus fear the GLs/Vandal SAvage.

He's also made reference to it on other occasions, but will try and dig those up.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 01:59 PM
DarkSaint85

There is also this reference, although it refers to telepathic downloading. Gets rid of the plot hole whereby the last surviving member of your race may be a drooling idiot.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 02:24 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Martian Manhunter takes this

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 04:34 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Superman, bit, stronger, bit faster, HV. But it will be close.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 04:42 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Martian Manhunter wins. Same stats but overall more powerful and versatile.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 04:47 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote