KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jordan Peterson, just another Snowflake?

Jordan Peterson, just another Snowflake?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jordan Peterson, just another Snowflake?

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/roger-s...ordan-peterson/

Before this furore, another academic “freedom fighter” had fallen to earth and was kicking up a storm. Canadian professor Jordan Peterson, handsome, incisive and enemy of progressives, got himself a fellowship at Cambridge University. This best-selling author of regressive tomes gets his fans worked up over “unfair” discrimination, propagates the idea that white privilege is a “Marxist lie”, and had a happy pic taken with a man from New Zealand whose T-shirt displayed the words, “I am a Proud Islamaphobe”.

Cambridge University withdrew his fellowship, suggesting that Peterson did not “uphold our principals”, and the messiah of masculinity, mightily dismayed, is talking about it relentlessly.

Jordan Peterson had hoped to research at the University of Cambridge
Canadian professor Jordan Peterson.
By the weekend another bloke had joined this gallery of the peeved. And it’s Bret Easton Ellis, American lit’s bad boy, now turned into a sad mass of resentment. His new book, White, is a polemic against contemporary life, especially social media. Lacking self-awareness, he bangs on and on, just like those sleepless, hopeless blokes who tweet rubbish all night.

He is furious that gay jokes are “banned”, that millennials are weak and weepy, that Orwellian censors are everywhere, that a female friend thought he was horribly wrong to criticise the “aesthetics” of Black Lives Matter. (Sir, did you want the bodies presented like art objects?) What he hates most is “self-victimisation”. And yet, like other unreconstructed cultural dinosaurs, he rants hysterically about the changed world where men like him can’t walk tall any more; in which they are victims.

These free speech fundamentalists, it seems, can’t live by the credo. Their ideas are now more assertively challenged. As natural born elitists, they find that disorienting and awfully hard.

Shall we call them snowflakes? Or, better, help them understand that they no longer dominate the world of ideas, and really should stop acting like spoilt, entitled, intellectual aristocrats.

Whirly says, dam straight!
Television
Game of Thrones season 8, episode 3: 9 things you may have missed
Television
The real snowflakes are on the right, not the left
Opinion
How many episodes there are in GoT season 8, and how long each one is
Television
Is Bran Stark the Night King? Game of Thrones theory explained
Television
Opinion

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 01:59 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

*broflakes

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 02:01 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice Copy paste job, you didnt even bother to edit it or clean it up to make it look presentable.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 02:02 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
https://inews.co.uk/opinion/roger-s...ordan-peterson/

Before this furore, another academic “freedom fighter” had fallen to earth and was kicking up a storm. Canadian professor Jordan Peterson, handsome, incisive and enemy of progressives, got himself a fellowship at Cambridge University. This best-selling author of regressive tomes gets his fans worked up over “unfair” discrimination, propagates the idea that white privilege is a “Marxist lie”, and had a happy pic taken with a man from New Zealand whose T-shirt displayed the words, “I am a Proud Islamaphobe”.

Cambridge University withdrew his fellowship, suggesting that Peterson did not “uphold our principals”, and the messiah of masculinity, mightily dismayed, is talking about it relentlessly.

Jordan Peterson had hoped to research at the University of Cambridge
Canadian professor Jordan Peterson.
By the weekend another bloke had joined this gallery of the peeved. And it’s Bret Easton Ellis, American lit’s bad boy, now turned into a sad mass of resentment. His new book, White, is a polemic against contemporary life, especially social media. Lacking self-awareness, he bangs on and on, just like those sleepless, hopeless blokes who tweet rubbish all night.

He is furious that gay jokes are “banned”, that millennials are weak and weepy, that Orwellian censors are everywhere, that a female friend thought he was horribly wrong to criticise the “aesthetics” of Black Lives Matter. (Sir, did you want the bodies presented like art objects?) What he hates most is “self-victimisation”. And yet, like other unreconstructed cultural dinosaurs, he rants hysterically about the changed world where men like him can’t walk tall any more; in which they are victims.

These free speech fundamentalists, it seems, can’t live by the credo. Their ideas are now more assertively challenged. As natural born elitists, they find that disorienting and awfully hard.

Shall we call them snowflakes? Or, better, help them understand that they no longer dominate the world of ideas, and really should stop acting like spoilt, entitled, intellectual aristocrats.

Whirly says, dam straight!
Television
Game of Thrones season 8, episode 3: 9 things you may have missed
Television
The real snowflakes are on the right, not the left
Opinion
How many episodes there are in GoT season 8, and how long each one is
Television
Is Bran Stark the Night King? Game of Thrones theory explained
Television
Opinion
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
*broflakes

^Twice the trigger for twice the fun, lol!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 02:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I read the entire article. Putinbot, I demand my time back. That commentary offered nothing insightful, and it looks like her knowledge of Dr. Peterson stems from clips she saw on twitter.

Her title, "on the right, not on the left", is evidence of her ignorance. A decade ago, Dr. Peterson would have been viewed as left-leaning tbh. It's a sliding scale, and using it to categorize people, is lazy and intellectually dishonest.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 03:48 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I read the entire article. Putinbot, I demand my time back. That commentary offered nothing insightful, and it looks like her knowledge of Dr. Peterson stems from clips she saw on twitter.

Her title, "on the right, not on the left", is evidence of her ignorance. A decade ago, Dr. Peterson would have been viewed as left-leaning tbh. It's a sliding scale, and using it to categorize people, is lazy and intellectually dishonest.
Trust me, he'd have never been seen as left leaning.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 03:49 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

That’s a majority of his copy paste jobs. Nothing insightful

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 04:08 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

I'm curious as to whether DMB will go for the bait

Banzai Nippon! ばんざい にっぽん!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 04:13 PM
TempAccount is currently offline Click here to Send TempAccount a Private Message Find more posts by TempAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Putinbot holds such hate in his heart.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 06:06 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bingo.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 06:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Probably should have used a period and not a question mark in the thread title.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 07:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

My dude, just because you say someone took shit out of context or is misrepresenting beliefs doesn't mean it actually is. You ahve to actually show it's out of context.

Example: Peterson explicitly says society needs people to do what higher authority tells them
You: No he didn't!!!!!!!!! You're a depressed edgelrd.

If you're too lazy to backup what you say, what's the point of saying shit?

Old Post May 2nd, 2019 05:35 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote