KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » 3 Body Problem (Netflix)

3 Body Problem (Netflix)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

3 Body Problem (Netflix)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2024 12:59 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

The Cixin Liu books are fascinating. Quinn's Ideas Youtube channel also does an excellent series of videos on them. Very much worth watching.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2024 02:10 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
The Cixin Liu books are fascinating. Quinn's Ideas Youtube channel also does an excellent series of videos on them. Very much worth watching.

I've actually seen a video or two of his. They were pretty good. (I think probably about Dune, I suspect)

But will the videos spoil the show?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2024 01:40 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Don't know until I see the show. It's the guys that did Game of Thrones though so the show probably will deviate considerably from the books. Similar to those "did you know, in the books" videos about ASOIAF.

More likely to ruin than spoil.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2024 03:32 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: 3 Body Problem (Netflix)

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Looks pretty wild...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13016388/?ref_=vp_vi_tt

Intrigued enough to watch the first two eps

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 12th, 2024 09:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Someone made a good point in the comments of this trailer than the GoT chuckle brothers will have a harder time messing this up because the book series is already finished so they don't have to make their own retarded shit up like they did with A Song of Ice and Fire. Fingers crossed.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2024 11:57 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

From the ritle was worried this would be the Trans version of Broke Back Mountain 😆

Does sound interesting, if a bit nerdy.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2024 10:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

I'm 4 episodes in and it is a trip. I'm enjoying it.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2024 01:09 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Poorly acted, hacky writing, nonsensical plot, seen better production values from fan movies, oh yeah this is a 💎.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2024 10:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm three episodes in an enjoying it so far. But Auggie is really hampering that enjoyment. She's been a complete ***** since the start (and not in a fun way like Cersei); it also doesn't help that the actress is by far the worst of the main cast.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2024 01:54 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I've been planning to check out the book anyway so after doing that I might give this a watch.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2024 02:17 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
I've been planning to check out the book anyway so after doing that I might give this a watch.

Better off watching Delicious in Dungeon instead of the show.. thumb up

Old Post Mar 27th, 2024 01:29 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I'm 4 episodes in and it is a trip. I'm enjoying it.

I'm two in and I like it enough to watch another ep, but I don't love it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 27th, 2024 07:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Biggest criticism is valid in that the characters are not great. What's funny is they're still an improvement from the books where the characters are only a vehicle for the hard sci-fi plot and are even more 1 dimensional.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2024 09:56 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The biggest criticism is the anti-china opening.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2024 01:00 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

And I mean come on! The parallels to contemporary American politics are obvious.

A revolution against academics, violent malcontents causing a revolution ala MAGA, it's too preachy.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2024 01:04 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't watch this shit.

Pretty woman at bar humiliates guy with her big science, Chinese people talk about global warming sounding BS, the agenda couldn't be any more obvious if it was a silent movie with big cue cards reading "We believe every cockymanie left wing position from the global warning hoax to DEI.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2024 01:34 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I can not sign this"

If you father is dead sign it! Testify! What do you care about some dissidents, throw them to the wolves and protect yourself!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2024 02:29 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by cdtm
I can't watch this shit.

Pretty woman at bar humiliates guy with her big science, Chinese people talk about global warming sounding BS, the agenda couldn't be any more obvious if it was a silent movie with big cue cards reading "We believe every cockymanie left wing position from the global warning hoax to DEI.

Someone sounds significantly triggered

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 28th, 2024 10:40 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Someone sounds significantly triggered

(please log in to view the image)

Triggered by how good it is!

Sad to see the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Game of Thrones guy killed, he was awesome.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2024 12:40 PM