KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Was Anakin ready for his first mission alone?

Was Anakin ready for his first mission alone?
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was Anakin ready for his first mission alone?

was it wise to send an untested padawan with padme as her protector? i think that perhaps a jedi master such as luminari unduli or adi gallia should have been assigned this task. also, obi wan was familiar with anakins feelings toward padme. any thoughts?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 06:15 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

perhaps Mace and Yoda know exactly what the prophecy was about and they needed him to go dark?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 11:00 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

maybe....still, im sure they would have been more concerned with padmes safety than that.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 05:19 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Blatantly, no, he wasn't, which is why the thinking behind Mace and Yoda needs to be revealed- but I seriously doubt they actually WANT him to go dark.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 11:53 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

Obi-Wan said Anakin wasnt ready, but maybe Mace and Yoda were just testing him.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 04:00 PM
Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

" I AM ready to face the trials!"
-Anakin, AOTC

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 04:41 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

heres a question. why didnt captain typho accompany them?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 05:55 AM
yerssot

because they went in secret!
it would be really clear it was the handmaiden who stayed if typho accompanied her to naboo

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 08:49 AM
Julie
The Student

right you are Yerssot...you need protection for even a decoy....and the whole refugee thing would ahve been shot if typho went along

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 01:49 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

sorry, that one slipped by me.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 06:24 PM
LanceWindu

They should have assigned another person to be with them though.

Make it like an older brother or something that is accompanying them to another planet.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 06:37 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

i still think that the job should have been given to luminari unduli or adi gallia.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 09:27 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

She wanted someone familiar.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 11:21 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

maybe so. but they hadnt seen each other in like 10 years, right? how familiar could they be, despite the time they spent together during the trade dispute? no, i still think a jedi master was a better choice.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 10:21 PM
yerssot

"Maybe someone who you're familiar with?
An old friend ... like ... master Kenobi..."

sorry, felt like posting that, since I saw simething about being familiar wiht someone smile

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 10:23 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The quote proves it. Palpatine using persuasion...er...Padme wanting someone familiar. big grin

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 12:05 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediKnight2000

Miffed

quote:
Originally posted by Captain REX
The quote proves it. Palpatine using persuasion...er...Padme wanting someone familiar. big grin

yea but if they didnt assign ankin to protect padma the there wouldnt have been star wars episode 4,5,and6

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 02:34 PM
Click here to Send JediKnight2000 a Private Message Find more posts by JediKnight2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

padme never said she wanted someone familiar. that was palpantines suggestion. makes you think. maybe he knew about anakins feelings toward her.maybe by assigning obi wan and anakin as her guardians, he felt that anakin would give into his feelings and break his jedi vows.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 07:42 PM
grifta
The Undeniable Element

I think that they sent Anakin because he was a padawan and around the age that they start to get tested, and go through the trials. As clearly shown during the battle with the droids he is attune with the force like a jedi knight but still emotional like a little boy. So in my opinion I just think it was a test, it wasn't uncommon for this procedure at all. Padme is important but they knew that Anakin was more then able.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 01:09 AM
Click here to Send grifta a Private Message Find more posts by grifta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote