KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Foibles

Foibles
Started by: mechmoggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Foibles

Mrs.MM and I were having a laugh at the weekend with some friends of ours and she was taking the pish out of me for those silly things I do, my lil' foibles. According to her they are.....

1. I never eat the very bottom of a banana - In my defence, I was told by a friend when I was about 9 that the end of a banana, where there's a little black bit, was poisonous and I've never eaten it since.

2. At the end of a meal I've always got a little bit of each foodstuff left for one last fork-full of everything - I don't see what's wrong with that at all.

3. I have a weird thing about what socks I wear on what day - I can't defend that, it's just plain weird.

So am I a freak or not? and more's the point, what are your foibles. big grin

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 01:37 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

yeah you are a freak all right. No fobles that I cant think off, maybe I have to open the beer bottles before I drink them big grin rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 01:57 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thane Zereil
Scoundrel

hmm...well I dont eat bananas at all simply on the grounds that they boost oestrogen production in men and stimulate male breasts to grow and I never ride a bike as I was told at an early age that improper continuous bike riding or horses can cause impotence...

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 02:46 PM
Thane Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Thane Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Thane Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

hmmmmm...you don't eat bananas because you fear for your manhood..iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting.

I pull the chocolate skin off my Swiss Cake Rolls and unroll them as I eat it....it's better that way.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 02:50 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Mech, point 2 is very valid actually. It's very good etiquette to leave food on your plate. It's a form of respect to your host (or the one who makes your food) for it means that you've had more than enough. Eating it all COULD mean you didn't have enough and that's basically an insult to your host.

Now what about those socks? big grin

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 03:14 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Who cares about etiquette, shuffel all the food in and end it with a loud burp! big grin (have I read to much Calvin and Hobbes?????)

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 03:33 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Burping is also etiquette in some countries btw

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 04:16 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

I always leave a drop of tea in my beaker
I leave a little drop of beer in my pints (not too much though)
When I say "touch wood" i touch my head
If the Wolves (my football team)win a match i try and follow the exact same events for the next match.
I never listen to albums, just one song on repeat
i always turn the radio on in the car before i start it
i have to fall too sleep with the tv on

if you needed any more evidence that i'm a freak, here it is!!!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 04:24 PM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
If the Wolves (my football team)win a match i try and follow the exact same events for the next match

so you havent done much of the same things then big grin big grin
quote:
i always turn the radio on in the car before i start it
oh that is smart if your battery is running low stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 04:35 PM
Tex
Yumsz

I turn the car on, and wait five minutes before I put it in drive. People waiting to get my parking spot get really pissed roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 04:50 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 05:00 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Every time I go into a bathroom, I put the toilet seat up, even if I don't go pee.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 09:37 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Good thing you put the lid up before you got to pee though big grin

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 07:45 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

queeq, I think you mis-understood point no.2, I don't leave the little bit of food on the plate. I leave a little bit of everything so that my last mouthfull has a bit of everything. Now the socks thing may sound weird but theres a logic there...

Monday - Cartoon socks (Simpsons)

Tuesday - Grey warm socks cus I go to college on Tuesdays and I don't want silly socks on but I need warm ones as college is
usually freezing

Wednesday - Cartoon sock (South Park ones if possible)

Thursday - Grey warm cus college again

Friday - Thin black ones cus errrrr, I dunno I just do.

Weekend - Best socks opportunity so it's either Hugo Boss or CK's

FRRRRRRRRRRRRREAAAK. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 10:16 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

What the hells happened to my sig? Oh no, a computer related problem and no RC about - I'm doomed for sure. sad

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 10:18 AM
finti

You need some help Mech big grin

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 10:25 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I am fully aware, see "Drowning in my own ignorance" for conformation though if you please. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 10:28 AM
finti

I was talking about hte sock thing of yours smile

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 10:47 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Oh that! embarrasment

I don't see anything wrong with it myself, but leaving a bit of tea left gets me angry, Mrs.MM is the same. She always leaves about 5mm of tea/coffee left every time (thats 0.196" for you Americans).

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 01:29 PM
Dim
Creativity

You have some weird hangups man..

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 02:20 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote