KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Duel Ending

The Duel Ending
Started by: The Inkeeper

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Inkeeper

The Duel Ending

I bought the OT dvds today, and was watching the ep3 preview.

The scenes of anakin and OB1 dueling particuarlly interested me, as if you look on the floor there are white markings, anakin is on the offense and ob1 backtracks to the end of this marking, then spinds behind anakin and pushes him in the back over the edge of the markings

Could this be the end of the duel where anakin falls?

I think it might be, i mean if it wasnt, why would ob1 push anakins back, and not slice the hell outta him?

Im Back happy

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 02:33 PM
Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bartman99

i doubt that, since anakin is shown jumping around and stuff
i guess it just droping to a lower level or so

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 02:43 PM
Click here to Send Bartman99 a Private Message Find more posts by Bartman99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

why knock your opponent onto a lower level when you have a clear shot at him
i mean...he pushes him with the hand the lightsaber is in

Im Back happy

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 03:03 PM
Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Falacerjedi
Force Lightning user IRL

if ya watch the split second after he pushes him you will see that he jumps down himself so it cant be the ending of the duel just dropping to a lower level like the above poster mentioned

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 03:25 PM
Click here to Send Falacerjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Falacerjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

No, hayden keeps on walking a few steps
turns round and starts laughing and playing with ewan
then hayden stabs ewan laughing out loud

Im Back happy

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 03:33 PM
Bartman99

IŽd say ObiWan doesnt want to kill anakin, he is just defending himself

thats why ob1 isnt stabbing him. I mean Anakin falls into lava and isnt pushed

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 03:44 PM
Click here to Send Bartman99 a Private Message Find more posts by Bartman99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

why wouldnt you want to kill sombody who you know has gone to the darkside, who you know has killed alot of people already, and who you know is trying to kill you

Im Back happy

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 04:00 PM
NateDawgNT

cuz he thought he could turn anakin back

"Obi-Wan once thought as you do" ~ Vader

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 04:32 PM
Click here to Send NateDawgNT a Private Message Find more posts by NateDawgNT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin2Vader

And it all comes down to this, the great climax of the Starwars films, Obi Wan pushing Anakin..... I dont think so man, it will be much more than simply a puch in the back.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Anakin2Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin2Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

whats he going to do, force lift some rope around anakin, force tie him up in it
force lift him up and then force lower him down slowly?

Im Back happy

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 04:53 PM
Boris

I think that Obi knocks him off and Anakin holds on, Obi offers his hand for Anakin to go back to the light side but instead Anakin lets go as he has been completely taken over by the dark side.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trilight

No, he grabs hold of a chain and is lowered in. He can't terminate himself so obi-wan does it for him. Anakin gets out and is revived into the old t-1000 (the evil one).

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 05:24 PM
Click here to Send trilight a Private Message Find more posts by trilight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Hey I've seen that in a movie once.....I think lol

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 05:25 PM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

they said on the dvd that they were showing GL what they had done so don't know if he pushed him over ledge or whatever he is going to fall off.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:13 PM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin2Vader

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Sauron
whats he going to do, force lift some rope around anakin, force tie him up in it
force lift him up and then force lower him down slowly?

no... but they will fight swinging from ropes... but anyway... it will be an intense moment and Im sure the events that lead to Anakin falling will be much more dramatic than that weak push in the back you seem to be so certain is the end.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Anakin2Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin2Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jayd265
Cajun Jedi

i dont think they would show the last part of the duel on the trilogy dvd. just so its a surprise

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 03:50 AM
Click here to Send Jayd265 a Private Message Find more posts by Jayd265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

how about we be patient and wait for the movie

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 03:54 AM
Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Falacerjedi
Force Lightning user IRL

quote:
Originally posted by Falacerjedi
if ya watch the split second after he pushes him you will see that he jumps down himself so it cant be the ending of the duel just dropping to a lower level like the above poster mentioned

^^^ The part I was referring to was at the end of the feature when they were in full dress in front of the green screen, watch the very end of it Ewan pushes Hayden off onto a mat then he jumps down after him...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Falacerjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Falacerjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

well do show a part where he falls off but obi-wan jumps after him so that could'nt be lava I bet he'll save that for final trailer in april.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 04:10 AM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Agreed with Moonwalker- detailed fight analysis like that is pointless before we see the finished product.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 09:18 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote