KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Halloween movie or no?

Halloween movie or no?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Halloween movie or no?

Considering seeing some movies with Halloween like elements, but wondering if these count as a "Halloween movie".

1. Pirates of the Caribbean secret of the Black Pearl. Because ghost pirates.
2. Nightmare Before Christmas (Never could tell if this is a Christmas movie or Halloween)
3. Spirited Away (Or really any Miyazaki anime)
4. Beetlejuice.
5. Ghostbusters.

Yeah, all with supernatural stuff, but would you associate any of them with Halloween?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2021 08:49 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

1. No. Not in the strictest sense.
2. I don't know, not familiar enough with it.
3. Never seen it.
4. Sure, why not.
5. Sure, why not.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2021 08:53 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

-No
-Yes, but also a Christmas film.
-I have all the Studio Ghibli films, I can't recall if I've seen this one
-Yes
-Yes

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 27th, 2021 08:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
-No
-Yes, but also a Christmas film.
-I have all the Studio Ghibli films, I can't recall if I've seen this one
-Yes
-Yes

It's really good, and child friendly too.

Essentially a family invades an abandoned amusement park inhabited by spirits, parents fall for a trap and get turned into pigs, child loses memory and needs to get a job at a spirit hotel.

It's fantastic.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2021 09:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You need to calm down

Old Post Oct 27th, 2021 09:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

1. No
2. Maybe
3. No
4. I suppose
5. Yes

Old Post Oct 27th, 2021 10:00 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You need to calm down

I am calm. You said you don't recall seeing Spirited Away, and I was merely recommending it to you.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2021 10:16 PM
riv6672

No, yes, no, yes, yes.

But really, any movie you enjoy is fine to watch whenever you want to.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2021 10:29 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
No, yes, no, yes, yes.

But really, any movie you enjoy is fine to watch whenever you want to.

The thing of it is, I don't like horror movies like I used to.

And am ironically seeing the new Halloween movie at the theater in spite of it. smile

But I was thinking about what Halloween themed movies I do like, and realized I've got nothing. Except maybe It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2021 10:32 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by cdtm
The thing of it is, I don't like horror movies like I used to.

And am ironically seeing the new Halloween movie at the theater in spite of it. smile

But I was thinking about what Halloween themed movies I do like, and realized I've got nothing. Except maybe It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Great Pumpkin and Nightmare Before Christmas are my spouse’s jam on Halloween. stick out tongue
You made me think though. Halloween’s my favorite Holiday but I don’t have any special movies for it. I celebrate the shit out of it though!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2021 10:37 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Re: Halloween movie or no?

Originally posted by cdtm
Considering seeing some movies with Halloween like elements, but wondering if these count as a "Halloween movie".

1. Pirates of the Caribbean secret of the Black Pearl. Because ghost pirates.
2. Nightmare Before Christmas (Never could tell if this is a Christmas movie or Halloween)
3. Spirited Away (Or really any Miyazaki anime)
4. Beetlejuice.
5. Ghostbusters.

Yeah, all with supernatural stuff, but would you associate any of them with Halloween?

Out of those, I'd say only 2 and 4 are Halloween movies. Ghostbusters is a maybe.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2021 10:47 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Ghosts are for Halloween and Ghostbusters has ghosts in it, it's right there in the title, you dingus.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2021 10:56 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah. Something about it just doesn't seem halloweeny to me.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2021 11:00 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Ghosts are for Halloween and Ghostbusters has ghosts in it, it's right there in the title, you dingus.
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah. Something about it just doesn't seem halloweeny to me.

As long as it's the original. Ghostbusters (2016) shouldn't be watched ever.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2021 12:15 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

1. No
2. Yes
3. No
4. I guess? If you want to see it as a Halloween movie, sure.
5. Sure, why not?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2021 12:21 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

anything involving halloween gets bonus points, but pretty much anything with malignant ghosts is a halloween movie, as is all horror flicks, literally every one. halloween is not a popular enough holiday to warrant it's own sub-genre. we do have pop-culture established christmas flicks such as die hard, along with a gazillion actual christmas flicks, but not so much for halloween imho

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2021 12:36 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Spirited Away? Nah. Fantastic 10/10 film, but not Halloween.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2021 12:47 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

agreed. the only malignant ghost was yubabba, but she was reasonable in the end. there's no closure at the end of a halloween movie where everyone lives happily ever after. that's anti-halloween, in fact

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2021 01:27 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking ofl It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, anyone else find yourself wishing Charles gave those rocks back to them, right through their windows?

What kind of jerks keep a pile of rocks to pass out to kids?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2021 01:36 AM