KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » battle of the bands who is your pick?

battle of the bands who is your pick?
Started by: Evolution

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eat My Ass

Smashing Pumpkins vs hmmm oh NO ONE cause no one sounds anything like em.... big grin

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 03:50 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
I disagree. Trent Reznor is a genius.

He is. So is Stephen Hawking but I don't think he'd do good against Tool either.

Music isn't really a competition to be honest but I don't think anyone is close in terms of talent to Tool, maybe Radiohead.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 04:32 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

There are very, very few modern bands I hold in higher regards than Tool. In fact there are only three (well, two and a half), and Nine Inch Nails are one of them. Keenan is a brilliant man, but Tool couldn't function without the talents of Keenan's bandmates, whereas Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor. I doubt Maynard could achieve would Trent has single handedly. I doubt anyone could.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 04:37 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I agree that Maynard alone probably couldn't do what Trent does, BUT...Tool isn't Maynard alone.

Prince is arguably more talented than Reznor, as far as single ventures.

Anyway, who are the other 2 bands?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 04:41 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

IMO, hell no. Prince is one of the most overrated artists in history. I'm not denying his talent, I just think its been blown way out of proportion.

The other one is Opeth, and the half one is Anotherdeadsupermodel, but they're only potentially better than Tool at the moment, and they could wind up as nothing more than an insignificant blip on Tool's radar unless things go to plan.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 04:46 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Golden Moon

van halen vs dream theater!!!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 05:31 PM
Golden Moon is currently offline Click here to Send Golden Moon a Private Message Find more posts by Golden Moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote:
Originally posted by Deathblow
IMO, hell no. Prince is one of the most overrated artists in history. I'm not denying his talent, I just think its been blown way out of proportion.

The other one is Opeth, and the half one is Anotherdeadsupermodel, but they're only potentially better than Tool at the moment, and they could wind up as nothing more than an insignificant blip on Tool's radar unless things go to plan.

Opeth are cool.

Prince is never overrated man, if anything he's underrated. The guy can and does do everything, not to mention being one of the greatest guitarists in the world.

I'm not even a massive fan of his music but I think his ability is astonishing.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 12:24 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I'd like to see Metallica Vs. Guns and Roses.
That would close because both Guitarists are crazy. It would be interesting.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 01:43 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

quote:
Originally posted by Fearnix
zep would kick queens ass

How very wrong you are

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 05:04 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

quote:
Originally posted by finti
The Who would kick Stones ass

How rite you are

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 05:05 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

quote:
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Led Zep wouldn't kick Queen's ass, I don't think anyone would.

No no, I think they are probably one of the only bands that would.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 07:11 AM
jayson
the killer of threads

the pixies vs nirvana

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 07:29 AM
jayson is currently offline Click here to Send jayson a Private Message Find more posts by jayson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Pixies would annihilate Nirvana.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 07:33 AM
finti

nah

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 07:58 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote:
Originally posted by Deathblow
No no, I think they are probably one of the only bands that would.

I do think Zep woulkd win, I just think the idea of any band 'kicking Queen's ass' is impossible. It would have to dwarf Queen's performance and make it look lame, which is never going to happen.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 03:20 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I'd like to see Metallica Vs. Guns and Roses.
That would close because both Guitarists are crazy. It would be interesting."

Metallica have two guitarists. The best rhythm guitarist ever and one of the best soloists. Slash is good but not that good.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 03:35 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone think of a decent match for Velvet Revolver besides G N R?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 03:37 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

STP...?

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 03:40 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Metallica have two guitarists. The best rhythm guitarist ever and one of the best soloists.
I wouldnt rank either of them in top 100

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 05:30 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

James Hetfield isn't that great... I like Kirk Hammet though

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 05:41 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote