KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » I really dislike Grevious...

I really dislike Grevious...
Started by: Veneficus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Re: I really dislike Grevious...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Veneficus
Yea yea go ahead call me a noob for making a thread like this...but lately I have realized just how lame Grevious is...

*prepares to cast his spells against the hord of Grevious fanboys soon to come*

why do you hate him? just curious. like deus ex, i dont mind

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 02:53 AM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

the cartoon was to make GG and all the other uys look cool so more people will see the movie. It was an entertaining advertisment.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Originally posted by Se7in
The cartoon was idiotic. If Jedi can push hundreds of droids at a time, deflect hundreds of blaster bolts, dodge bullets, and jump to the peak of mountains, then the Battle of Geonosis shouldn't have had one Jedi casualty.

Word

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:14 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Originally posted by Deus Ex
Word

letter

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:31 AM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

syllable!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

emphasis

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:48 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Darth Avis
the cartoon was to make GG and all the other uys look cool so more people will see the movie. It was an entertaining advertisment.
You really gotta settle on an avatar, I'm getting confused.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:50 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Creator
A being beyond power

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Grievous nearly defeat Dooku in some of they're sparring sessions?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 04:43 PM
Click here to Send The Creator a Private Message Find more posts by The Creator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Non-Canon though...
I know its the EU forum but just saying. You have to go by movies first.
But you also have to realie that Obi was DAMN good. He basicly stood his ground an blocked EVERYTHING GG tossed at him. Less experienced Jedi, if caught at the right time probably would have fallen. He was good, Obi was just better.
At ROTS, Obi was probably the best fighter the jedi had...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Creator
A being beyond power

You would be right if Mace Windu and Yoda weren't jedi.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 04:55 PM
Click here to Send The Creator a Private Message Find more posts by The Creator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

No..
Yoda was not a great Duelest, Niether was Mace. Mace left himself open too much. Sidious bested him pretty quickly. Yoda always had to rely on his superior force powers. He never was a great swordfighter. I hold out that both of them would have lost to Anakin.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Creator
A being beyond power

Try pushing that BS around in the versus forum and you will see how wrong you are.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 05:07 PM
Peach
mordrem

I have to say I agree with Tpt. Remember that Obi-wan fought and defeated a Sith while still a Padawan, and from there did spend a lot of time learning saber technique, which you can clearly see. Yoda relied on the Force for saber fighting, you can see this by all the flipping around that he does; he wouldn't be able to do that without using the Force. Mace? Well, as was said, he did leave too many openings while fighting. He was a good Jedi, yes, this is obvious by the fact that he was the head of the Council. But best duelist? No, I would have to say that that was Obi-wan, who is one of the few Jedi who'd ever even had any actual duelling experience.

Anyway, Grevious. I didn't mind him so much. However, they totally screwed things up with the Clone Wars cartoon. Yeah, he was supposed to be good, but that was just ridiculous, and it made him look like crap in ROTS.

All the damn Grevious fanboys (hell, fanboys in general) really annoy me, though....

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

Where on Earth did this come from? Do you honestly think Obi could've taken Sidious? Hell no. This is crazy, Mace and Yoda pass Obi by miles.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Se7in
Where on Earth did this come from? Do you honestly think Obi could've taken Sidious? Hell no. This is crazy, Mace and Yoda pass Obi by miles.

Do I think Obi could have taken on Sidious? No, probably not, but what does that have to do with anything? Remember, both Mace and Yoda lost to Sidious.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 05:16 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

@tptmanno1 and Lana:

I have to set some things straight here. The best duellists the order had in PT times where Yoda and Mace and they were considered to play in their own league with the other Jedi not even coming close to them.

Mace and Dooku were quite close when it comes to duelling and Dooku could take Obi-Wan and Anakin at once which he has shown in AotC and in ROTS as well. So Mace is better than Obi-Wan. Yoda was about to defeat Dooku after 30 seconds of lightsaber dueling (have a look at the AotC script) so he's obviously even better than Dooku (and Mace) which makes him better than Obi-Wan.

If you want to discuss that point. Windu became a Jedi Knight at the age of 13 (Obi-Wan 25) and designed his own fighting style which is said to be the most deadly light saber style there is (Shatterpoint). And he became a Jedi Master at the age of 28 (Obi-Wan was in his late 30s). So how would Obi-Wan be better than Mace or Yoda ? Impossible...

And about Sidious. Yoda told Obi-Wan that he has no chance against Sidious. Period. And Sidious lost against Mace (he was without a weapon, lying on the ground and was with his back against the wall - can it be more obvious ?) and he did only defeat Yoda because of being a lucky *****. So what ?

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

Originally posted by Lana
I have to say I agree with Tpt. Remember that Obi-wan fought and defeated a Sith while still a Padawan, and from there did spend a lot of time learning saber technique, which you can clearly see. Yoda relied on the Force for saber fighting, you can see this by all the flipping around that he does; he wouldn't be able to do that without using the Force. Mace? Well, as was said, he did leave too many openings while fighting. He was a good Jedi, yes, this is obvious by the fact that he was the head of the Council. But best duelist? No, I would have to say that that was Obi-wan, who is one of the few Jedi who'd ever even had any actual duelling experience.

Anyway, Grevious. I didn't mind him so much. However, they totally screwed things up with the Clone Wars cartoon. Yeah, he was supposed to be good, but that was just ridiculous, and it made him look like crap in ROTS.

All the damn Grevious fanboys (hell, fanboys in general) really annoy me, though....
your forgetting that same sith he beat was an apprentice too.

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Tengu a Private Message Find more posts by Tengu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

Originally posted by Nai Fohl
@tptmanno1 and Lana:

I have to set some things straight here. The best duellists the order had in PT times where Yoda and Mace and they were considered to play in their own league with the other Jedi not even coming close to them.

Mace and Dooku were quite close when it comes to duelling and Dooku could take Obi-Wan and Anakin at once which he has shown in AotC and in ROTS as well. So Mace is better than Obi-Wan. Yoda was about to defeat Dooku after 30 seconds of lightsaber dueling (have a look at the AotC script) so he's obviously even better than Dooku (and Mace) which makes him better than Obi-Wan.

If you want to discuss that point. Windu became a Jedi Knight at the age of 13 (Obi-Wan 25) and designed his own fighting style which is said to be the most deadly light saber style there is (Shatterpoint). And he became a Jedi Master at the age of 28 (Obi-Wan was in his late 30s). So how would Obi-Wan be better than Mace or Yoda ? Impossible...

And about Sidious. Yoda told Obi-Wan that he has no chance against Sidious. Period. And Sidious lost against Mace (he was without a weapon, lying on the ground and was with his back against the wall - can it be more obvious ?) and he did only defeat Yoda because of being a lucky *****. So what ?
couldnt have said it better myself

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Tengu a Private Message Find more posts by Tengu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_dudes_rule

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Grievous lies somewhere on my neutral list of characters. He is alright, but nothing special in my opinion...
yeah same here.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2005 11:58 AM
Click here to Send cool_dudes_rule a Private Message Find more posts by cool_dudes_rule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

The faith in GG's fighting skills was diminished at the same pace he lost his hands...

Old Post Oct 8th, 2005 10:46 AM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote