KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Palpatine: Most powerful Sith Lord in History

Palpatine: Most powerful Sith Lord in History
Started by: AcStylesVer01

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Lightsnake, you don't even KNOW what the hell you're talking about. In the ancient Sith Empire, there are MANY Sith Lords, but only ONE Dark Lord of the Sith. At least know what you're criticizing.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 03:15 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

1. No, Janus, you supported a delusion unsupported by anyone else. And considering this ain't a sourcebook. Pick and choose, hm?

2. Considering the New Sith Empire was described as 'greather than the Golden Age.' and the Chronology, which is done by an omniscient godly narrarator that sums up all of Star Wars' history from ancient to present...

3. Great. So this new source, trumps your old one.

4. Basically, it's 'whatever JAnus wants to be canon is canon', right? As you suddenly decide what is and isn't canon.

5. STILL waiting for an in universe quote calling ragnos most powerful of all time when recent info has disproved that and even recent stories called Palp the strongest of all time-which I posted quite a bit...are they invalid too?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Every DOTS is a Sith Lord. Not every Sith Lord is the DOTS. Plain and simple

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

"Except Tom went on to help make GAotS a couple of years after DE, so obviously in creating it and signing off on it and letting the official synosis state "Most powerful of the most powerful", this newer source trumps the older one. It's called retcon, and DE's claim that Sidious is "teh uber" is retconned by the presence of "godlike" ancient Sith. I realize you struggle with this, but eventually when you drop that fanboy facade, it'll hit you."

And NEC reaffirms DE's stance that Palpy is the strongest.

"Second, Leland Chee has not signed off and verified all information, and in any case, a compilation cannot OVERRIDE THE SOURCE MATERIAL IT DRAWS ON. It's a reference material, not canon. Duh."

And the compilation draws on Dark Empire. And it states Sidious as the strongest. Why would Lee Land Chee or LFL allow such a comment to exist in a book they signed off on if it contradicted the pre established canon.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 03:28 AM
Click here to Send Dr. Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

I want an example of this godliness myself, when recent soruces in late 2005 have retconned this 'retcon'....when Tom wrote Palp was the strongest of all time.

And source materials have overwritten PLENTY. Kadann, Lord Cronal, Lady Lumiya, the Sith Empire, the Legions of Lettow, Arden Lyn...plenty

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 03:40 AM
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

If we have fights your way, then i'll just be as stupid as you and say DE is not canon as it contradicts the movies completely.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 08:50 AM
Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Lol, Lightsnake. Didn't you get WTFpwned?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 08:53 AM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Well in his eyes, he can't see himself as being fallible meaning he wont understand that he got WTFpwned but merely he'll go on arguing with an argument which has been refuted over and over again.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 09:00 AM
Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lightsnake
I want an example of this godliness myself, when recent soruces in late 2005 have retconned this 'retcon'....when Tom wrote Palp was the strongest of all time.

And source materials have overwritten PLENTY. Kadann, Lord Cronal, Lady Lumiya, the Sith Empire, the Legions of Lettow, Arden Lyn...plenty

Erm, "a God amongst Gods"?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 09:05 AM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hord06
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lightsnake is totally owning you guys. Just because there are more of you up against him, it doesn't make your argument any more stronger, and you any more right.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 10:01 AM
Click here to Send hord06 a Private Message Find more posts by hord06 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Numan, get stuffed...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 10:09 AM
zephiel7

Well lightsnake does have a point.

The "New Essential Chronology" a canon source in terms of continuity places Sidious over Ragnos.

Any contrary evidence from quotes to dispell this? Otherwise we would simply have to accept this as solid canon evidence.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 11:46 AM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

I'm not so sure... does the NEC have the ability to contradict/retcon earlier ideas?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 11:59 AM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Also, why should DE even be counted as canon, if it quite frankly contradicts the Movies, which in general means its rendered N-Canon.

Now if they state ROTS Sidious is the most powerful ever, then however canon its perhaps the most absurd idea ever.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 12:10 PM
Generic Hero
KGB

DE can be argued to be in the continuity. The "sith" in DE was an artificial one.

And it's Star Wars. Nothings ever too absurd. Hell, if anyone deserves the title, IMO it's Palpatine.

Last edited by Generic Hero on Apr 20th, 2006 at 12:14 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 12:11 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by hord06
Lightsnake is totally owning you guys. Just because there are more of you up against him, it doesn't make your argument any more stronger, and you any more right.

Numan, read any of the previous debates, Lightsnake lost to the extent he went into forced hibernation, you only agree with him, because his ideals suit your fanboyism.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 12:12 PM
zephiel7

Just a question. Why would DE be considered less canon than TOTJ? Is there a specific reason that I am missing out on?

Anyways I was arguing NEC places Sids on top, even above Ragnos. There are obscurities, and to possibly suggest the idea that Palps can best Marka is absolutely ridiculous. But Canon seems to agree with this view.

One possible explanation is that the quote "Sidious is the strongest dark lord of the sith" refers to Lucas' own works. Last time I checked, Lucas did not create the ancient Sith, so Sidious is not necessarily the strongest compared to them.

I believe there was a quote illustrating Lucas' disconnection with much of the EU.

Here are two

quote:
"There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe – the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don’t intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don’t get too involved in the parallel universe."

quote:

LUCAS: "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."

Last edited by zephiel7 on Apr 20th, 2006 at 12:57 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 12:45 PM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But to remind you how this works, zephiel- unless a specific exceptioin is made (e.g. Boba Fett), the EU's own published canon rules say that if anything is true of the koviues, it is absolute primary EU canon.

So if any evidence makes out that Sidious is the greatest Sith Lord ever, that counts for the entirity of the EU.

Frankly, though, this debate seems to be 100% opinion.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 01:16 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthRymmdidsa

u r wrong m8 he is not the best jedi in history.....

I AM.....
LOL NO
ERM DARTH VADER KILLS HIM SO DARTH VADER = STRONGEST..

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 01:20 PM
Click here to Send DarthRymmdidsa a Private Message Find more posts by DarthRymmdidsa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Because DE specifically contradicts the prophecy of Anakin destroying the Sith, not inclusive of Dark Jedi, Sidious was indeed the last Dark Lord of the Sith and he was defeated in ROTJ, meaning the prophecy had been fullfilled.

However DE contradicts this entirely, by bringing back Sidious it specifically means that the Prophecy was wrong and Anakin did not and will not destroy the Sith.

TOTJ, due to preceding TPM - ROTJ, means they can create any Villain, so long as the Jedi and Sith do not become extinct, you may come close but it just wont happen, adding on that the Republic cannot be defeated, as it also contradicts the time the Old Republic had survived. However in all the Comics to Kotor to Ruusan's time, there have been no major contradictions if indeed there had been any.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 01:35 PM