KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Saints Row

Are you getting Saints Row?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yeah. 13 72.22%
Nah. 1 5.56%
Sitting on the fence about this one. 4 22.22%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Saints Row
Started by: Daedalus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

I liked the missions confused

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 06:07 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I thought they sucked.

It was way to similar to GTAmessedA.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 01:35 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

haha, you didnt edit............no expression

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 04:33 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

oh, whatever.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 05:44 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

Where can I get this demo? Does it cost any $$?

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 02:48 PM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Over XBOX Live Marketplace.

In demo section

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 04:54 PM
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Over XBOX Live Marketplace.

In demo section
OK thanks.

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 11:22 PM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

Originally posted by AstroFan
The demo was great, but Im worried about the size of the game. GTA-SA gave us an entire state, but this is one city, and since its an obvious GTA clone, that is dissapointing.

I think its about the same size as San Andreas, b/c if you look at the map and zoom out, the demo section is barely 1/10 of the actual game raver

Anyway it looks pretty damn good (especially the explosions) but I'll probably wait until the price drops a bit

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 06:09 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Any early buyers have impressions? big grin

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 01:42 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Nevermind, I picked it up at blockbuster earlier. stick out tongue

Played to where the demo ends, so I cant say much. lol

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 07:44 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hell_soldier

I preordered it . Ithought the Graohics were really nice and i like it how everybody is holding their weapons and talking some serious trash talk. Also you can pick what race your character is going to be.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 07:11 AM
hell_soldier is currently offline Click here to Send hell_soldier a Private Message Find more posts by hell_soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Ok, first off, as stated in every review of the game, this is the most blatant ripoff of any game I have ever seen. laughing out loud

But its still incredibly enjoyable, its behind GTA in some respects, but miles ahead in others. I havent gotten into a real big online game yet, so I cant say much about it.

I love the customization, and the bigger garages. I just need to get to the point where i have more money. lol

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:57 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I heared the online was alright, but not really that good. More of an tacked on at the last minute kinda of thing.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 07:47 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Nothing spectacular, but gotta give them credit for trying. Kinda forces GTA's hand.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 08:48 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah...but they didnt really do anything special.

Just because its GTA game and they put MP in it doesnt make them special. All they did from what I read the reveiws was take team deathmatch and put thugs into it. And they're big innovation for the MP was that you can get gangs together...WOW you mean clans?

It does force GTA hands a bit, but I rather have a better single player game for GTA4 than Rockstar putting efforts into an subpar MP for the sake of having it. It doesnt matter really, these games are soo big and involved that online is pretty much a waste of time.

Ah well, atleast the main game is pretty good.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 10:24 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Just because its GTA game and they put MP in it doesnt make them special. All they did from what I read the reveiws was take team deathmatch and put thugs into it. And they're big innovation for the MP was that you can get gangs together...WOW you mean clans?

It does force GTA hands a bit, but I rather have a better single player game for GTA4 than Rockstar putting efforts into an subpar MP for the sake of having it. It doesnt matter really, these games are soo big and involved that online is pretty much a waste of time.

Really? I've been thinking GTA has been sorely lacking multiplayer since GTA 3 now... Besides that, the reviews I've read think the multiplayer is well done, not just something "tacked on."

Meh, I'll be renting this game soon. I'll make sure I tell you all what I think.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 10:34 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

But they showed that you can put a full fledged single player game in as well as multiplayer.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 11:51 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But not an intriguing multiplayer. All it is deathmatch and other similiar things. Am I wrong about this?

Im not saying this game is good or bad. I havnt played it yet, and probalby going to pick up because I like these types of games.

I'm actually looking forward to Just Cause over Saints Row.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 12:08 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

But not an intriguing multiplayer. All it is deathmatch and other similiar things. Am I wrong about this?

Im not saying this game is good or bad. I havnt played it yet, and probalby going to pick up because I like these types of games.

I'm actually looking forward to Just Cause over Saints Row.

There are two "deathmatch" gametypes. The other two, however, aren't just the usual kill-the-enemy types; they require teamwork, strategy, and involve quite a bit of depth (at least in IGN's opinion).

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 01:27 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess it's what review people have read.

Gamespot on the other hand, (which I value more as an reviewer than IGN) said it was tacked on.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 03:04 AM