KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » He-Man Returns to the Big Screen

He-Man Returns to the Big Screen
Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dave_97
Party Dave

Dolph could still do it! and if not him... erm... Paul McGillion

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Jul 8th, 2007 01:05 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
I heard Brad Pitt was cast to play He-Man
Yeah, like he would commit career suicide like that.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 04:30 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marxman
Resident Communist

No body builders! It would just suck if they got a body builder just because he was big and strong. They should just find an actor in good shape and work him out like they did to the guys in 300.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 03:25 PM
Marxman is currently offline Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

To bad they messed up the first movie (not that it's source material would make a really good movie). Lundgren was perfect for the role of He-Man back then, can't think of anyone that has those looks and moves now.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 08:16 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

I heard that Danny Devito was going to be He-man.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 09:01 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Pandemoniac
To bad they messed up the first movie (not that it's source material would make a really good movie). Lundgren was perfect for the role of He-Man back then, can't think of anyone that has those looks and moves now.

i liked the dolph lundgren movie...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Originally posted by Pandemoniac
the only problem i found with the old movie was the fact their writers... they kinda Really sucked.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 10:07 AM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I have no idea who is playing He-Man. I hope they get someone good and can act. Also hopefully the cgi effects will be great.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 07:15 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote:
Justin Marks Talks He-Man IESB.net

In the new issue of Toyfare out this week, screenwriter Justin Marks talks about what he has planned for He-Man and Skeletor.

TOYFARE: How did you get involved with writing the He-Man script?

JUSTIN MARKS: He-Man came about as a result of a mutual collaboration with [co-screenwriter] Neil Ellice and the guys at Silver Pictures. We came together and married a take that we all really loved and that we felt would be true to Eternia for the first time. And we campaigned and pushed–everything short of getting on my hands and knees begging–for Mattel to hear it, and they did. We got in the room and we basically spoke through not only one movie, but three movies, all the way down through our dreams for the titles for the second and third movies and which characters appeared when.

Do you think the public is going to have a hard time accepting He-Man as an action hero?

A lot of people think of He-Man and they think of that guy with the bob haircut and the Arnold Schwarzenegger archetype and laugh him off, but those of us who grew up on him, we don't laugh about He-Man at all. There are great ideas in there that we've never seen on film . . . and hopefully we soon will.

Is he still going to be called He-Man?

[Laughs] We're doing something very interesting with that. But . . . yeah. Obviously you can't make a He-Man movie and be afraid of the word "He-Man." You have to get into there. But I think fans will be very pleased when they see how "He-Man" is spoken.

Do you have a villain yet?

Oh, it's a Skeletor movie. Obviously we can only speak in broad strokes, but how about this? Thus far, at least, there are no invented new characters plopped into it–and if we and Mattel have our way there will never be. We're talking about the He-Man mythology. So what we're talking about doing, in the same way as Batman Begins, we're going back to the original thing, let's build it from the ground up again. How can we find our way in? How can we jump into Adam's life at an interesting point where new audiences will respect him? It's an Adam origin story, and it's a Skeletor origin story. We want to see where both of them come from and how they got that way. If we don't see the humanity and the truth in what Skeletor's trying to do, then the story's not compelling.

Are there any wishes you would have for casting?

Let me just say we don't want wrestlers. [Laughs] I'm not saying he should be He-Man, but Michael Biehn is my all-time favorite actor. You go to Hicks or Kyle Reese, and James Cameron created that action hero type, and I feel like I always write with the mindset of that type of hero who doesn't exist these days. He's that guy who, if he took a weapon and said, "Follow me," I'd be right behind him.

How are you going to incorporate all the . . . let's say disparate elements of the He-Man mythology?

He-Man is sword-and-sandals meets science fiction. If you avoid it and just try to make it sword and sandals, then it becomes a boring movie. If you just try to make it science fiction, it's going to be really kitschy and weird, and it's not going to be true to He-Man. You have to make it both. So we have to come up with specific ideas, grounded, that would spawn a world that was people carrying around swords, and yet, guys like Tri-Klops running around with his spinning visor and this sort of nano-technological way about him. What is the sorcery that can create stuff like that?

So you're really sticking fairly closely to the original world?

There's some stuff going around . . . we should clear that up. There's some rumor spreading that he's a soldier in the Iraqi war. Where did they get that? This is an Eternian movie and it's a story about an Eternian hero. We're not going to Earth, here. We're not going to the modern world. We're not going to a strip mall in the Valley. [Laughs] By the way, I think there are really great things about the original Masters of the Universe.

What kind of questions?

If you remember, He-Man [toys], very early on, had two halves of the sword–Skeletor had half, He-Man had half and you could clip them together. And that was discarded by the cartoon. And I'm not sure if I can tell you but we finally got the answer to [why there are two halves], because it'll be something that I think can affect the movie.

So Mattel has been pretty helpful to work with, then?

Mattel has been really great when we say, "Look, we need something for this scene, something along the lines of this." And they usually have stuff in their library that's like, "No, it should be like this," and we're like, "Great!" So it's been really fan-friendly in that regard. When this movie comes out–and hopefully some day it will, because things look really stacked in its favor after Transformers–people will watch this movie and say, "I can't believe it took this long for a He-Man movie to get to the screen," because of how naturally the original material suits itself to a great, Lord-of-the-Rings-scale and yet high-tech, cool movie.

Pick up a copy of Toyfare magazine today to read the complete interview.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 07:27 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faith27

Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Who's Dolph Lundgren? Would you mind posting a good picture of him?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:16 PM
Faith27 is currently offline Click here to Send Faith27 a Private Message Find more posts by Faith27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mark Question
Lurker

quote:
"There's some stuff going around . . . we should clear that up. There's some rumor spreading that he's a soldier in the Iraqi war. Where did they get that? This is an Eternian movie and it's a story about an Eternian hero. We're not going to Earth, here. We're not going to the modern world. We're not going to a strip mall in the Valley. [Laughs] By the way, I think there are really great things about the original Masters of the Universe."

This guy has a bit of sense about him... Could be cool.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 02:47 PM
Mark Question is currently offline Click here to Send Mark Question a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Question Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mark Question
Lurker

He should start with the minicomic and go from there: "In the earliest series of minicomics released with the original toys, He-Man is a wandering barbarian on the world of Eternia, which is dealing with the aftermath of a Great War that has devastated the civilizations that once ruled supreme over all lesser beings, but has left behind advanced machinery and weaponry. The Sorceress of Castle Grayskull, called "The Goddess" in some early appearances, gives He-Man special powers and weapons, and he sets out to defend the secrets of Castle Grayskull from the evil villain Skeletor."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 04:20 PM
Mark Question is currently offline Click here to Send Mark Question a Private Message Find more posts by Mark Question Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faith27

Dolph Lundgren???Is he the guy on Stallone's Rambo film???

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 02:45 PM
Faith27 is currently offline Click here to Send Faith27 a Private Message Find more posts by Faith27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deicide
Custodian with schools

Peter Jackson should make a He-Man movie. he could bring the world of Eternia to life and give new life to the franchise.....

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 12:51 AM
Deicide is currently offline Click here to Send Deicide a Private Message Find more posts by Deicide Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Great news skeltor said he would be back but only 20 years later
Now make Thundercats !!!

Last edited by coolmovies on Apr 3rd, 2008 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 07:45 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deicide
Custodian with schools

make a f^^kin GOD of WAR movie!!!!
Kratos Rules!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 12:02 AM
Deicide is currently offline Click here to Send Deicide a Private Message Find more posts by Deicide Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tonylenk

dolph for he man!!! his IQ is massive

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 02:29 PM
tonylenk is currently offline Click here to Send tonylenk a Private Message Find more posts by tonylenk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreamreaver
Master of the Realms

Another freaking He-Man movie? Why don't they just make a live action Sponge Bob movie. I won't lie, as a child of the late 80's early 90's I liked He-Man but c'mon. I think everyone in the universe can admit that it sucked in just about every way possible.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 08:25 PM
Dreamreaver is currently offline Click here to Send Dreamreaver a Private Message Find more posts by Dreamreaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

He-Man didn't suck, it wasn't as good as GI Joe, Transformers, Inhumanoids or Thundercats, but it was decent. It's still far better than a vast majority of the shit cartoons they have today. She-Ra, now that sucked.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 05:22 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Last I read WB bailed out on making this.
Was looking a little foward to it though.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:51 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote