KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Man vs H/P Doomsday

Iron Man vs H/P Doomsday
Started by: nicamarvin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkOdin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The stips say he fused the armor. They never said jack about him controlling it. Sure, he might get one or two small wishes off. But the gem is designed the way I said. Even Thanos and Adam Warlock couldn't control the damn thing. Thanos himself never tried to use the reality gem on it's own, because he knew the risks.

The OP makes this a stomp for Tony

"iron man has figured a way to fuse his armour with the Reality Gem, all his wishes are at his figertips,"

I mean how to you win agaisnt that???

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 06:56 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

What part of "He can't control it and it's going to backfire" do you not get? It's the nature of the reality gem. You need all 6 gems to use the reality gem properly.

It's the very nature of gem as stated in the comics. Tony might be able to fuse it, but he can't control it. He might think he has his wishes at his fingertips, but "be careful what you wish for."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 07:20 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

What part of "He can't control it and it's going to backfire" do you not get? It's the nature of the reality gem. You need all 6 gems to use the reality gem properly.

It's the very nature of gem as stated in the comics. Tony might be able to fuse it, but he can't control it. He might think he has his wishes at his fingertips, but "be careful what you wish for."
Originally posted by nicamarvin
ok this is Iron Man vs H/P Doomsday, iron man has figured a way to fuse his armour with the Reality Gem, all his wishes are at his figertips,
the underlined led me to believe tony would have knowledge of how to use the gem. otherwise, why even give it to him? a sexy accessory, perhaps?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 07:31 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Galan007
the underlined led me to believe tony would have knowledge of how to use the gem. otherwise, why even give it to him? a sexy accessory, perhaps?
well, originally, warlock gave it to thanos to protect since he knew that thanos wasn't prone to rash decisions. the reality gem is the hardest to use and only a strong mind can protect it.

i assume reed believes stark is a responsible guardian in the sense that he won't use it, like thanos did.

he would probably need it against dd though, he would probably screw up the universal laws in the aftermath of getting rid of doomsday.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 07:39 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

Which doesn't matter b/c the OP overrides all that.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 07:52 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

The OP can't override the nature of the gems.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 08:05 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Premo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well look out because it just did.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 08:13 PM
Premo is currently offline Click here to Send Premo a Private Message Find more posts by Premo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

why not, in another thread BFRing DD is written and in dozens other threads are some conditions that would never appear or work in a comic, maybe he just don't knew that the gem wouldn't work (that's definately the reason) I mean why should he give him the gem if he knows it's useless for tony?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 08:24 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I man wins this, easily.
The stips say he fused the armor. They never said jack about him controlling it. Sure, he might get one or two small wishes off. But the gem is designed the way I said. Even Thanos and Adam Warlock couldn't control the damn thing. Thanos himself never tried to use the reality gem on it's own, because he knew the risks.
Yes, he did.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:56 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Re: Iron Man vs H/P Doomsday

Originally posted by nicamarvin
ok this is Iron Man vs H/P Doomsday, iron man has figured a way to fuse his armour with the Reality Gem, all his wishes are at his figertips, when all of a suden he hears the news, a monster just murdered the X men and FF all at once, and nobody seems to be able to stop him, he rushes to fight him........................the fight takes place in a devastaded NewYork city with the X-Men and FF bloody corpses laying all over the place, so Iron Man is very angry...

Iron Man vs H/P doosmsday(no prep for anybody)....
With the reality gem (and current stip), Iron Man takes it. Without it, he might possibly get a win at best.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Last edited by Tha C-Master on Jul 22nd, 2009 at 03:02 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:59 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

LOL. And look at the times a retconed character is used in a fight.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:22 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Quan: He never used it without the other 5.

Whitewitch: Completely different. The gem's nature has never been retconned.

Yeah, Iron Man wins if the OP ignores the control issues and gives Iron Man a perfect control of the gem that no one sans the full IG has ever achieved.

I've said my piece.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:30 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Thanos himself never tried to use the reality gem on it's own, because he knew the risks.

Thanos used the reality gem on its own more than once.

And while wielding the IG, both Warlock and Thanos used solely the Reality Gem's power to make their point. Versus Surfer and Drax, in Thanos' case, and a fully prepped Doctor Strange, in Warlock's case.

IM wins.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:35 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shokosugi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iron Man wins this

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:37 AM
shokosugi is currently offline Click here to Send shokosugi a Private Message Find more posts by shokosugi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

IM stomp

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:03 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote