KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Do You Want Black Panther and Storm Together Again?

Do You Want Black Panther and Storm Together Again?
Started by: RLAAMJR.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^yeah lets keep them with their own kind. thumb up

Because its definitely a problem that these characters don't hate themselves for being African.... Unlike you.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 10:53 AM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I don't quite follow. How does that mean Riv hates his skin color?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2018 08:09 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
I don't quite follow. How does that mean Riv hates his skin color?

He's been an Uncle Ruckus/Stephen from Django style psychological cripple for years now.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2018 10:02 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by panthergod
He's been an Uncle Ruckus/Stephen from Django style psychological cripple for years now.

I guess I haven't seen him say stuff like that then. I didn't even know he was African tbh.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 09:58 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by StyleTime
I guess I haven't seen him say stuff like that then. I didn't even know he was African tbh.

I thought there was actual (on topic) posting on here.
Silly me!

For the record, i am -not- african. I am -not- african american.
I am American.

This panthergod guy and i know each other from the Hero chat message board.
I ignore him there and here.
He dislikes me because i dont claim some country i’ve never been to, nor do i hold the fact that my ancestors were slaves against every white person i meet.

I’m smart enough to know that -every- society has slavery in its past, that a large number of the africans shipped to europe and America were sold into slavery -by- africans, and i’m -not- anyone’s “brother” simply because we share the same skin color.

Aaanyway, now that i see what’s been going on here, i guess i’ll report it, see if the mods will put a stop to it.

BTW, my initisl post was meant sarcastically, in that putting 2 characters together simply because they share a country of origin was pretty lazy on Marvel’s part.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 04:59 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

^^ As we can see, He hates even being associated with his racial background, as a mentally broken failed servant of Western imperialism that he is.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 10:45 PM
riv6672

I’m gonna guess there was no warning issued.
Well, i’ll just leave it at this, since getting the last word with PG bothers him more than anything:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 04:52 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

...I don't even know.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 05:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by -Pr-
...I don't even know.

Oh this? This is nothing.
Like i said, he carries this grudge over from herochat.
There’s almost no moderation there, so scrolling his history you’d find some truly racist tirades against me, “cave demons” (his pet name for white ppl), and anyone who doesnt share his militant views.
Thanks for checking in on things, though.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 09:47 AM
StyleTime

I thought there was actual (on topic) posting on here.
Silly me!

For the record, i am -not- african. I am -not- african american.
I am American.

This panthergod guy and i know each other from the Hero chat message board.
I ignore him there and here.
He dislikes me because i dont claim some country i’ve never been to, nor do i hold the fact that my ancestors were slaves against every white person i meet.

I’m smart enough to know that -every- society has slavery in its past, that a large number of the africans shipped to europe and America were sold into slavery -by- africans, and i’m -not- anyone’s “brother” simply because we share the same skin color.

Aaanyway, now that i see what’s been going on here, i guess i’ll report it, see if the mods will put a stop to it.

BTW, my initisl post was meant sarcastically, in that putting 2 characters together simply because they share a country of origin was pretty lazy on Marvel’s part.

Oh, I got ya. I agree for the most part. There's an unfortunate burden place on minorities(often by other minorities, but also by mainstream society) to identify with some other country. It's silly to expect someone to identify with a country they've never been to.
Originally posted by panthergod
^^ As we can see, He hates even being associated with his racial background, as a mentally broken failed servant of Western imperialism that he is.

This topic is complicated, but would you expect a white-American with French ancestry to identify as French?

A white, black, and Asian kid born and raised in America are all American, no? It doesn't mean you're embarrassed about your race to say that.

(Colonial era was obviously a ****ed up time in world history though)

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 12th, 2018 at 01:21 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 01:12 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh this? This is nothing.
Like i said, he carries this grudge over from herochat.
There’s almost no moderation there, so scrolling his history you’d find some truly racist tirades against me, “cave demons” (his pet name for white ppl), and anyone who doesnt share his militant views.
Thanks for checking in on things, though.

This isn't my forum, I'm just a die-hard X-Men guy that occasionally looks in here just in case.

I get that race does come in to the discussion when talking about stuff like this, but hopefully we can keep it about the characters and not have to worry about people being actually racist. I mean, I can always PM bada if it gets out of hand.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 02:41 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
I'm just a...X-Men guy that occasionally looks in here just in case.

Same, its how i came across the conversation about me.
I doubt this needs to be taken higher, as i dont intend to keep coming in here now that i know a mod’s aware of the situation (again, thanks).
I also really wanted sky time to know who he was actually speaking with, and about.
I didnt serve my Country 20+ years and go to war for over half that time to be mistakenly thought of as anything less than 100% American.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 04:22 AM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Storm and Longshot always worked good together.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:32 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote