KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Flash vs Graviton

Flash vs Graviton
Started by: Baziemarc123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Even IF pinned (and I still can't see Graviton outspending Wally...)

He can still speed steal without touching.

https://s5.postimg.cc/orvef1npz/295...ealdistance.jpg
https://s5.postimg.cc/8m43piouv/image.jpg
(please log in to view the image)

Powers on, means Wally isn't a blundering idiot I guess:
https://s5.postimg.cc/a9y771wev/image.jpg

If he has his speed mind on, he's not getting caught out. He actually uses his powers, one of which is being able to out think the ultimate computer.

I mean, this is the guy who is too fast for Thawne to even see:

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 12:55 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

https://s5.postimg.cc/orvef1npz/295...ealdistance.jpg
https://s5.postimg.cc/8m43piouv/image.jpg

Powers on, means Wally isn't a blundering idiot I guess:
https://s5.postimg.cc/a9y771wev/image.jpg

I mean, this is the guy who is too fast for Thawne to even see:

How would he able to speed steal if flash's weight is increased tons of tons?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 12:57 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

You're assuming that Graviton is able to out speed a guy who was faster than Death, and was faster than himself. Faster than Professor Zoom.

What is this assumption based on?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 12:58 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:

So, Graviton standa there, Flash is still pinned.

Or, again peak Graviton had every hero on earth in his grip, many of which have powers that work without touching (TK, TP) and had no issues, so, yeah.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:00 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're assuming that Graviton is able to out speed a guy who was faster than Death, and was faster than himself. Faster than Professor Zoom.

faster than death is unquantifiable, also they were running outside of time/space during that race I.E UNQUANTIFIABLE. Professor Zoom wasn't FTL, period and neither was wally

each time Wally runs FTL, he dissappears into the speed force, and THAT'S consistent. even in rebirth with his battle with abra kadabra he disappeared into the speed force going FTL

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:03 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You're assuming that Graviton is able to out speed a guy who was faster than Death...

I know this want at me but, w. powers on its not about outspeeding, its about, its already happening.
Flash wouldnt be able to say, punch Kitty Pryde before she phased, as she’d be phased.
And w. Graviton we’re talking a whole lot more than phasing being on effect as the match starts.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:04 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by riv6672
So, Graviton standa there, Flash is still pinned.

Or, again peak Graviton had every hero on earth in his grip, many of which have powers that work without touching (TK, TP) and had no issues, so, yeah.

That would cause his mental functions to cease and his grip on the battlefield would stop.

Still not seeing anything that says Graviton outspeeds Wally, though.

Powers on doesn't mean the entire battlefield is held down in a grip, any more than a TK related character starts a match with it under his grip, Or Dr Strange/Fate starting a match with their spells already cast/in effect.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:05 PM
riv6672

And yet everything you say no to has been done and accepted here.
So, yeah, it applies to Graviton, too.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:06 PM
bluewaterrider

Probably that gravity seems to affect things universally in our reality at the same time ACROSS the Universe. If Graviton is able to control a force like that ...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:06 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by riv6672
Aaanyway, i see every one of my points is being ignored.
That gives me that last 2% towards Graviton winning.

Because of this:

quote:
Prep time
Neither side receives any notable prep time before the starting bell unless the thread starter specifies it. Neither side may take any offensive or defensive actions before the starting bell. Planning is allowed and powers that are automatic or 'always on' can be up, but actions such as setting up forcefields, taking flight, or consciously activating powers is not. For example, Batman cannot shove together an 'anti-Avengers ray' before the fight.

Kitty doesn't go around 24/7 phased.

Graviton doesn't go around 24/7 with the entire battlefield in his grip.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:08 PM
riv6672

I know its one of those “we disagree” situations between you and i, but i think i stated my reasoning somewhat coherently.

I doubt i’ll be back in here, as i’m not looking to drag another Graviton thread out, after the volatile one i started.

He gets the win here, imo.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:10 PM
riv6672

Edit:

quote:
Kitty doesn't go around 24/7 phased.

Graviton doesn't go around 24/7 with the entire battlefield in his grip.

Every fight here starts w. Kitty phased, DS.
Powers on.
Applies to Graviton.
It is what it is, guy.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:12 PM
DarkSaint85

Doesn't mean it's correct, or valid.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:16 PM
Faceless808
Lurking since 2009

Riv, DS quoted the rule above which perfectly addresses what you are saying.

"Neither side may take any offensive or defensive actions before the starting bell. Planning is allowed and powers that are automatic or 'always on' can be up, but actions such as setting up forcefields, taking flight, or consciously activating powers is not."

Unless Graitron walks around with everyone crushed against the ground 24/7, it is a consciously activated power. Picture this: At the start of a track meet, when the official says, "On your marks, get set...."- *BANG* the starting gun goes off. That's when everyone moves. Running starts are not allowed. lol

Inspired by AlbertoJohnAvil with special thanks to Damborgson

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:27 PM
Faceless808 is currently offline Click here to Send Faceless808 a Private Message Find more posts by Faceless808 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

http://i.imgur.com/ERH9OWA.jpg

not surprising, frankly, as the sf is so haxx and tends to negate a lot of physics like friction and...gravity as flash can run on clouds, up huge buildings and has even run in the air. he would ko graviton before graviton had the chance to think about controlling gravity unless you want to play the pis card or low ball. the fight could be over in a picosecond--as he has done on panel.

now you know. thumb up

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:37 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

He's also run in space.....

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:45 PM
Magnon

Yeah, Flash wins this.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:50 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Graviton obliterates Flash considering how Barry struggled against Tangent Superman...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 03:39 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Graviton steals his game gravity.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 03:57 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Graviton wins 8/10 times.

Originally posted by leonidas
http://i.imgur.com/ERH9OWA.jpg

not surprising, frankly, as the sf is so haxx and tends to negate a lot of physics like friction and...gravity as flash can run on clouds, up huge buildings and has even run in the air. he would ko graviton before graviton had the chance to think about controlling gravity unless you want to play the pis card or low ball. the fight could be over in a picosecond--as he has done on panel.

now you know. thumb up

That doesn't mean Graviton would be unable to affect Flash or gravity has no limitations on him. SF allows him to counter the laws of physics, but it does not mean he is beyond them, he isn't. Especially in that era (I don't remember if that scan is before he transcended or before but it's close to the time period).

Flash being able to KO Graviton before he can react in a picosecond is only a little less likely than Graviton turning the Flash into paste instantly with his gravity.

I swear, some of these scenarios/claims...they are the exact opposite of what someone who consistently reads the Flash would actually claim.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 04:05 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote