KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The MCU has too much influence

The MCU has too much influence
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShadowFyre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I might care if Marvel comics weren’t all shit.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 05:19 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They're not all shit, But folks on here have been injected with the anti-SJW drug.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 06:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Marvel, DC, and all Western comics became mostly "SJW" eventually. They're not doing as well as they once used to due to a number of things, and compared to how much manga still sells it's embarrassingly bad where the culture war's concerned I guess, but I wouldn't go as far as to say all comics (Marvel, DC, or what have you) are shit now. Granted, I later stopped being anti-SJW and became more progressive to a point, but still.

It's hardly any different with Hollywood as a whole now too.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 07:37 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Well said.

Anyway, movies don't really need them to produce quality material - more than enough old stories to take inspiration from.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 07:39 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Marvel, DC, and all Western comics became mostly "SJW" eventually. They're not doing as well as they once used to due to a number of things, and compared to how much manga still sells it's embarrassingly bad where the culture war's concerned I guess, but I wouldn't go as far as to say all comics (Marvel, DC, or what have you) are shit now. Granted, I later stopped being anti-SJW and became more progressive to a point, but still.

If you say so....

for me i just block that shit out when people bring up the SJW argument.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 09:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I agree that it does have a shitload of influence.

I don't agree that Phase Four will put an end to it.

Okay, that's more fair.

Originally posted by Kazenji
They're not all shit, But folks on here have been injected with the anti-SJW drug.

A lot of them are pretty bad, to be fair.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 12:04 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm interested guys, please define "sjw". Also, I'm fascinated where do you all come across them and how do they affect your lives.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 12:08 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well basically Whirly, SJW is the biggest threat to the free world today. And to comic books movies too.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 12:28 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I'm interested guys, please define "sjw". Also, I'm fascinated where do you all come across them and how do they affect your lives.

I know you and I already talked about this so I'd be interested in seeing other people's takes.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 01:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where do these "alt-right" people you often rant about come from? How do they affect your life?

I'd assume the answer is "Far away" and "Not at all."

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 01:26 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well, it was a nice thread while it lasted...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 01:29 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
I know you and I already talked about this so I'd be interested in seeing other people's takes.

I'll answer you, and not Whirly.

This is my definitive SJW:

(please log in to view the image)

This is the transgender activist going hard after Dave Chappelle. She is a politician who ran for office, is demanding a complete overhaul of Netflix in a soft coup attempt, and has been caught saying many vile things against Asians.

Essentially she is a bigoted political opportunist who uses her cause to advance her career, and her quest for power.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 01:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 01:49 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

😅

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 02:23 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup, I'm interested in others opinions.
Originally posted by cdtm
Where do these "alt-right" people you often rant about come from? How do they affect your life?

I'd assume the answer is "Far away" and "Not at all."
Actually in South London growing up I had real nazi's the National Front and BNP HQ's. They are still quite active in other guises and we've had many race related murders and riots in the Bromley to Lambetg stretch, particularly in Eltham, Lewisham, Greenwich, Brixton and Southwerk. So, you know...

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 04:56 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup, I'm interested in others opinions. Actually in South London growing up I had real nazi's the National Front and BNP HQ's. They are still quite active in other guises and we've had many race related murders and riots in the Bromley to Lambetg stretch, particularly in Eltham, Lewisham, Greenwich, Brixton and Southwerk. So, you know...

Explains a lot.

See, I've never seen violent nazi types where I live. I knew a guy who proudly hung a swastika flag on his apartment, and knew MANY bigoted people, all of them bluster in private and salt of the earth in public.

Except for that one police officer who shouted at two young asian girls on a bus, something about lying on their backs. That was the worst example of violence I've ever seen.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 05:08 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Explains a lot.

See, I've never seen violent nazi types where I live. I knew a guy who proudly hung a swastika flag on his apartment, and knew MANY bigoted people, all of them bluster in private and salt of the earth in public.

Except for that one police officer who shouted at two young asian girls on a bus, something about lying on their backs. That was the worst example of violence I've ever seen.
it's not a nice thing to grow up seeing and experiencing. Thankfully, I've watch the crowds at the Den change for the better over the last 5 decades at least.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 05:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'll answer you, and not Whirly.

This is my definitive SJW:

(please log in to view the image)

This is the transgender activist going hard after Dave Chappelle. She is a politician who ran for office, is demanding a complete overhaul of Netflix in a soft coup attempt, and has been caught saying many vile things against Asians.

Essentially she is a bigoted political opportunist who uses her cause to advance her career, and her quest for power.

Briefly off topic, but honestly, as much as she real *******, some of those tweets were ****ing funny.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 06:08 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

smile

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 06:09 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Okay, that's more fair.

They even tried making 616 Heimdall black... zero explanation, of course... but that didn't last long, fortunately.

Nick Fury Junior is bad enough.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2021 06:41 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote