KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » System of a Down

System of a Down
Started by: LindsIsSexyK

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 20 21 [22]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Selphie
you teasing like you do

I'm not the biggest fan, but they're a decent band.

I loved Toxicity, and I heard one of their more recent albums, and I just didn't like it at all.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 01:21 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

music speaks emotions felt.

they are so so good at it.thumb up

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 03:54 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
music speaks emotions felt.

they are so so good at it.thumb up
....what?

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 05:09 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mywi
healed ninja.

SOAD is decent music.. I like Serart as well..

You've got so many machines, Richard. Go on, give us a snare rush!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 11:41 AM
Mywi is currently offline Click here to Send Mywi a Private Message Find more posts by Mywi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

'Elect the Dead' > Soad Discography

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 07:25 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

what do you guyz think of 'Elect the Dead'?

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2007 07:05 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Originally posted by Healing Artisan

'Elect the Dead' > Soad Discography
Except Toxicity imo.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2007 08:31 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I really like Elect the Dead, but it is not better than "Toxicity", "Hypnotized", or "Mezmerized". Its comparable (in quality, not actually sound) to the self-titled album and Steal this Album. The biggest drawback of the album is the absence of Daron's amazing guitar riffs.

Best songs:
"Empty Walls," "Lie Lie Lie," and "Sky is Over."

Worst songs:
"Honking Antelope" and "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition"

"Praise the Lord" is the worst song out of all the SOAD songs and "Elect the Dead".

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 11:15 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Myth
I really like Elect the Dead, but it is not better than "Toxicity", "Hypnotized", or "Mezmerized". Its comparable (in quality, not actually sound) to the self-titled album and Steal this Album. The biggest drawback of the album is the absence of Daron's amazing guitar riffs.

Best songs:
"Empty Walls," "Lie Lie Lie," and "Sky is Over."

Worst songs:
"Honking Antelope" and "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition"

"Praise the Lord" is the worst song out of all the SOAD songs and "Elect the Dead".
i thought both Honking Antelope and Praise the Lord... were great. i didn't like Beethoven's C too much.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 01:05 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

anyone listen to Scars on Broadway? I think it's good, but i prefer Elect the Dead as an overall better album if we are to compare both.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 01:51 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Yeah, I bought it. Amazing. I haven't decided if I like it more than Elect the Dead.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 08:04 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

On their myspace page a while back they had every song from their album to listen to. They took most of them down, but for those who haven't heard them, they still have three songs up to hear: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...df-186a0534d216

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 06:40 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Even though some of their more recent stuff hasn't been their best, I tend to wish they'd do more new music, too... sad

https://loudwire.com/john-dolmayan-...-music-anymore/

Old Post Jul 10th, 2022 01:18 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Their first three albums are just ****ing great.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 10th, 2022 07:33 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Agreed. They are three of the best albums of the era.

I've really enjoyed Scars on Broadway, though...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2022 08:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote