KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » WBH + WBB feat Vs Hyperions Worlds feat.

WBH + WBB feat Vs Hyperions Worlds feat.
Started by: Diesldude

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Diesldude

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Hyperion's feat is better...obviously..
thumb up thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 06:10 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you want my honest opinion, it depends how you view the mechanics that causes the convergence.

I can see it as stopping a universe from crashing into another of the Earth is the bullet and the parallel universe is the gunpowder. I can also see it as planetary if you feel like it's more of collision that causing the universes to ignite.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 06:12 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by Diesldude
Haven't see so many people triggered in one thread.
Smh this wasn't my intent. Which feat do you think is better?

I responded on the first page when I quoted Carver.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 06:14 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you show a character stopping or deflecting a bullet, are you only giving them credit for being able to catch/deflect a few grams of metal or the force behind it?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 06:14 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by TheHulkster
I responded on the first page when I quoted Carver.
ok. thumb up

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 06:21 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Haven't see so many people triggered in one thread.
Smh this wasn't my intent. Which feat do you think is better?

laughing out loud laughing out loud

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 06:27 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by carver9
So giving an opinion makes you a fanboy? Having you're own judgement on things makes a person a fanboy? Question, which person on this forum decides if a ft is valid so that from this point on, if I see this person post I can always agree with them?

I, THE KING OF CANON MAKE THOSE JUDGEMENTS!!!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 07:17 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

"Hyperion held them apart until the worlds broke". Something pushing against the planets (Universes) and Hyperion pushing against the opposing force (Universe) caused the planets to crumble which then caused both Universes to explode.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qi...18fe3cfe2117776

Seems straight forward to me. smile

But pushing back the planet to prevent it from colliding with the other planet stops the incursion. So that's all Hyperion had to do. The universe is mostly space. Things can move through space EVEN THOUGH space itself expands and push things forward. The best analogy would be pushing something in a body of water opposite of the current.

So the biggest question. How much force does the universe push things with? How much force does a current of water push things with?

So it's not straight forward. Everything is pure speculation at best.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 07:35 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

This is the deciding factor.
1. Do we believe WBH could achieve Hyperion's feat if he were between the two worlds trying to hold them apart?
2. Do we believe that Hyperion can collide with a mirror image of himself and not only disintegrate countless peers of Savage Hulk but shatter an entire planet and nearby moon from hundreds of yards away as collateral damage?

I'm pretty sure that the high majority of comic fans (including us members) would say yes to 1. and no to 2.

Last edited by h1a8 on Mar 22nd, 2020 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 07:41 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by h1a8
But pushing back the planet to prevent it from colliding with the other planet stops the incursion. So that's all Hyperion had to do. The universe is mostly space. Things can move through space EVEN THOUGH space itself expands and push things forward. The best analogy would be pushing something in a body of water opposite of the current.

So the biggest question. How much force does the universe push things with? How much force does a current of water push things with?

But this conflicts with the actual analogy that the book gives and what Cap is stated to be doing to stop an incursion (pushing back a universe).

https://m.imgur.com/a/j6dbHEs

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 07:50 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

So WBH’s shared feat was better?

Yeah, I think WBH feat is indeed better, but not by much mind you.

I say this because unlike some people that try to interpret Hype feats to outlandishly, all he did was to hold the planets from hitting one another. The feat would have been far better if we were giving an exact time frame.

For all we know, the planets could be moving not even faster than a snail pace, or it could be moving at the speed of light.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 08:03 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by TheHulkster
But this conflicts with the actual analogy that the book gives and what Cap is stated to be doing to stop an incursion (pushing back a universe).

https://m.imgur.com/a/j6dbHEs

What does Cap have to do with Hyperion or the Secret Society?
The latter proved that all it takes is to move the planet (not the universe).
Hyperion moving a planet through the universe is like someone moving an object on the surface of the water against the current.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 08:13 PM
TheHulkster

Hyperion moving a planet through the universe is like someone moving an object on the surface of the water against the current.

Same type of incursion.

Same writer.

Same story event.

Same time period.

Same exact run/title for Cap and Great Society

All happens in Hickman's crossover Avengers titles.

Why would the analogy apply to one incursion and not the other?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 09:08 PM
carver9

So the Universes kept moving forward when Hyperion stopped the planets?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 09:25 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

You tell me? Did he stop the universe from moving?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 10:18 PM
SquallX

You would have to be daft to think Hype held to Universes back.

All he did was to hold two planets from hitting each other. No more, no less.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 10:26 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

You tell me? Did he stop the universe from moving?

I already answered that question. Now again, did the Universe keep moving forward or did it not?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 10:58 PM
Diesldude

Originally posted by SquallX
Yeah, I think WBH feat is indeed better, but not by much mind you.

I say this because unlike some people that try to interpret Hype feats to outlandishly, all he did was to hold the planets from hitting one another. The feat would have been far better if we were giving an exact time frame.

For all we know, the planets could be moving not even faster than a snail pace, or it could be moving at the speed of light.
Agreed good valid points. thumb up

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 11:07 PM
Diesldude

ah ha, my mud balls in the ocean was a great analogy. thumb up

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 11:08 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Hype's.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 11:52 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote