KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Gotta wait until 1st of January next year for it to be released in Australia. I'm expecting people are gonna pirate it until then

stupid ****en movie distributors here.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2021 06:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Saw this tonight and it was surprisingly awesome. The cast are almost all excellent particularly Mckenna Grace, Carrie Coon and Logan Kim. Great sarcastic and dead pan humour. Just the right amount of nostalgia. A ridiculously cheesy ending. All good stuff. 8/10

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
That's encouraging to hear.

Yeah it is. Very pumped for this.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2021 05:36 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Not even seen Eternals yet, but think im gonna watch this first. Just way more stoked for it.

Can always catch Eternals on Disney plus in 3 months.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2021 07:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Thor
[B]Not even seen Eternals yet, but think im gonna watch this first. Just way more stoked for it.
/B]

Same here and i've even read the old Eternals comics which i kinda liked.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 02:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

They lean way too far into call backs (the Walmart scene is especially terrible), which is unfortunate because the new cast and setting are great. Not very funny, but has some smirk worthy moments. It works better as an adventure than a comedy, and it does have some heart to it. Overall, a very fun movie though and I do recommend it to Ghostbusters fans and kids. If you never got the appeal of Ghostbusters, this won’t change your mind.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 02:37 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just watched it today, lots of nostalgia.
Originally posted by Myth
They lean way too far into call backs (the Walmart scene is especially terrible), which is unfortunate because the new cast and setting are great. Not very funny, but has some smirk worthy moments. It works better as an adventure than a comedy, and it does have some heart to it. Overall, a very fun movie though and I do recommend it to Ghostbusters fans and kids. If you never got the appeal of Ghostbusters, this won’t change your mind.
Good review! thumb up

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 07:56 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Do I need to revisit Ghostbusters 2 before I see this? It's been a long time...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 08:35 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do I need to revisit Ghostbusters 2 before I see this? It's been a long time...
No need, the call backs are from 1.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 08:47 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Good to know. Thanks.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 08:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good to know. Thanks.
Paul Rudd is enjoyable in this.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 09:05 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Paul Rudd is enjoyable in this.

The sexiest man alive?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2021 09:06 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
No need, the call backs are from 1.
correct me if I'm wrong but did Ray's Occult appear in the first movie? It's not critical by any means but a fun nod.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2021 01:03 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Definitely tied a lot to Ghostbusters 2.

Paul Rudd not in that much. Was focused on the kids.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 10:04 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Myth

Yeah pretty much this.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 10:05 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Thought it was just okay, not as good as the original, but had a better story than GBII and that god awful reboot. Really aimed at the younger audience.

Some of the throw backs to the first two films were fun, some were kinda stupid.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 09:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I know COVID was a factor in this, but this ends up grossing less than the all female reboot in 2016, and has a somewhat lower rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Either people are tired of this IP, or showing loyalty to to female comic version in 2016, or something else.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 30th, 2021 07:54 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Watched this, thought it was not very good.

Too much unironic nostalgia, rehash, and rebootage.

I look forward to watching the RLM review...

Old Post Jan 9th, 2022 12:11 AM
RdCrsBluShld
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jan 9th, 2022 12:15 AM
RdCrsBluShld is currently offline Click here to Send RdCrsBluShld a Private Message Find more posts by RdCrsBluShld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RdCrsBluShld
Restricted

Account Restricted

∆∆∆

Watched this, thought it was not very good.

Too much unironic nostalgia, rehash, and rebootage.

I look forward to watching the RLM review...

duck duck you YOU YOU GOOSE 👍

Old Post Jan 9th, 2022 12:16 AM
RdCrsBluShld is currently offline Click here to Send RdCrsBluShld a Private Message Find more posts by RdCrsBluShld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote