KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I know that running zombies do exist in the RE universe, but it's way too early to introduce those... and let's be honest, fast zombies are killing all the charm.

Slow impending doom. That's how the true zombie action works.

RE was outdone in classic zombies by Dead Rising.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2021 12:30 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

In addition to the concerns voiced above, it's how they're just going all over the place lore wise that has me a little concerned with this film. Others pointed it out from the beginning, but now that I've seen enough trailers it's started to sink in for me more.

There is such a thing as thinking too far ahead with sequels over just focusing on having one good film first. That's the problem with a lot of reboot film series; when they try to start off big, it falls flat on its face.

I think this film will likely have some nice interesting parts in between at least, but overall won't be that good; at least from what I've seen of it now, but after Mortal Kombat, I was prepared for this.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2021 12:59 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by cdtm
RE was outdone in classic zombies by Dead Rising.

and then Dead Rising killed itself with the 4th game.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2021 05:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Nemesis X

That delivery for "get out of this town" hurt.

Will admit the idea for a crossover in a sense between characters from different entries like Sherry meeting Lisa is an interesting What If but whether the creator of this movie will make these encounters suck time will tell.

This trailer is well done.

Older trailers disclosed too much and nearly killed suspense; bad marketing decision.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Nov 12th, 2021 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2021 10:31 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been reading from the reviews this is kinda shit in regards to the characters

On one hand they got the monsters and the setting right but when it comes to the characters its rather shit.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2021 03:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

They took a big dumb on Leon by making him such a joke. At one point Claire asked him how he became a cop, and Leon says he doesnt know. This Leon doesnt even know how to use a shot gun.

Such a useless film. At least Milas first 2 Resident Evil films were enjoyable.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2021 07:58 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Squallx is back.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2021 08:04 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Many would disagree on the 2nd Milla film, considering it one of the worst of the series (not that any of the sequels came close to the first one as a horror film), but okay.

But yeah, got enough an idea on this film to not bother checking it out anytime soon. Even the reviews was lower than I expected.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2021 09:44 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Many would disagree on the 2nd Milla film, considering it one of the worst of the series (not that any of the sequels came close to the first one as a horror film), but okay.

But yeah, got enough an idea on this film to not bother checking it out anytime soon. Even the reviews was lower than I expected.

I actually enjoyed Apocalypse. The plot wasnt the best, but they did Nemesis justice in a way.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2021 11:18 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote:
They took a big dumb on Leon by making him such a joke. At one point Claire asked him how he became a cop, and Leon says he doesnt know. This Leon doesnt even know how to use a shot gun.

Such a useless film. At least Milas first 2 Resident Evil films were enjoyable.

Johannes Roberts managed to create an atmosphere suitable for this Film but a better writer could be hired to polish his work. What is the point of hiring so many quality actors only to waste their potential with shitty writing?

Being a rookie at the time of events in Raccoon City doesn't imply that Leon S. Kennedy was an idiot and/or did not know how to shoot. He was simply unaware of the developments in Raccoon City when he showed up in the Raccoon City Police Station for duty. He showed much promise in his training sessions otherwise. He also had nerves of steel to cope with tremendous amount of horrors awaiting him in the city. Average person would psychologically crumble in his shoes.

Hollywood Distribution Companies have a history of approving subpar works just to earn bucks - quality is secondary consideration to most of them. They know that people will watch and appreciate subpar works due to nostalgia factor.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Nov 25th, 2021 at 05:40 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2021 05:29 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote:
Originally posted by SquallX

they did Nemesis justice in a way.

Oh hell no! In what way is not following his lore to a T and focusing primarily on trying to kill Jill who have an iconic feud across multiple media, pussing out dying in the end via helicopter crash but not before shoving some Beauty & The Beast nausea between him and the attention craving Mary Sue justice?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2021 08:38 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Oh hell no! In what way is not following his lore to a T and focusing primarily on trying to kill Jill who have an iconic feud across multiple media, pussing out dying in the end via helicopter crash but not before shoving some Beauty & The Beast nausea between him and the attention craving Mary Sue justice?

Thats why I said in a way. The design was spot on. The Mila films werent about the game cast, but Alice a brand new character for the movie and for the lore of the game to follow around.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2021 12:53 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Squallx is back.

We always come back.

It's impossible to leave this place for good.

Unless the death takes us.

R.I.P. Guy and Biensalsa.

PS. You think there's a KMC in the afterlife?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2021 01:01 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ laughing out loud

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

PS. You think there's a KMC in the afterlife?

I'd like to think so. 😏

Old Post Nov 26th, 2021 06:12 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I watched this and while I'm pretty clueless as far as the games go, I found the movie pretty mediocre. 6/10 at best. The style of direction was actually kind of nice, so that saved it a lot, but there just wasn't much story or really much reason in general to justify the film. Some decent makeup effects, but that's about it.

I can't believe that dumbass in the jail cell didn't turn the gun toward the zombie. The stupid was too much.

I agree that at least the first 2 or 3 Milla Paul WS Anderson films are more enjoyable/fun.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2021 05:07 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've read they that they combine the plots of RE 1 & 2 into one movie....just use one ffs.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2021 02:05 AM
S_W_LeGenD

I watched this movie recently.

The atmosphere is well done. Credit where due.

I noticed following problems:

1. The characters were poorly handled.
2. The Mansion segment did not contribute much to the plot - completely mishandled.
3. The Director wasn't sure about whether he wanted to make a serious horror movie or a comedy horror movie.
4. The boss fight was underwhelming and poorly executed.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2021 08:46 PM
Impediment
Endless

Two friends of mine saw this and they opined that it was a steaming mound of iguana shit.

I'll wait for streaming.

Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2021 08:02 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Enjoyable

Old Post Jan 5th, 2022 05:47 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It has some positive points, but I found it to be extremely mediocre overall.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2022 10:34 PM