KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Eternals (2021)

The Eternals (2021)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
No.

Feige specifically said hes in the movie but Not an Eternal.

That's good to hear, Another future member for the Avengers team.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2019 06:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they pull an Asgard and make the Eternals the original Greek gods in the MCU.

The Greek gods aren't the eternals.. At least not in comics.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2019 01:21 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
The Greek gods aren't the eternals.. At least not in comics.

I know this, and you know this, but still. They could easily go the route of "oh, they inspired the actual mythology, but were never actually gods" sort of thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2019 02:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I know this, and you know this, but still. They could easily go the route of "oh, they inspired the actual mythology, but were never actually gods" sort of thing.

Well, the MCU is taking a different road from the comics so, it's possible.

I wonder how they'll explain the Eternal's abscence from the IG events.
Specially considering that Thanos is an Eternal...If even he is in the MCU.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2019 03:04 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well, the MCU is taking a different road from the comics so, it's possible.

I wonder how they'll explain the Eternal's abscence from the IG events.
Specially considering that Thanos is an Eternal...If even he is in the MCU.

I'm likely wrong, but my guess is that they might draw inspiration from Gaiman's stuff and have them needing to get their memories back, or something. It would explain why they didn't get involved with Infinity War, as they wouldn't have known they weren't just normal humans.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 26th, 2019 03:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I'm likely wrong, but my guess is that they might draw inspiration from Gaiman's stuff and have them needing to get their memories back, or something. It would explain why they didn't get involved with Infinity War, as they wouldn't have known they weren't just normal humans.

We'll have to wait and see.

Who do you think the main villain will be?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2019 04:03 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

We'll have to wait and see.

Who do you think the main villain will be?

I don't know about the main villain, but it's been reported over here that an Irish actor was cast as Druig, and that he'll be an antagonist in the movie.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 26th, 2019 07:07 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Not all the Eternals line up for the Olympians. There's no Eternal for Hercules, Hephaestus and others.

Still surprised Angelina Jolie isn't playing Sersi. She's the most popular and best known Eternal, but the lesser known Gemma Chan has the role. We might not have all the roles right; Marvel Studios led us to believe Jude Law was playing Mar-Vell, only to fake us out with surprise casting.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 26th, 2019 11:51 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by roughrider
Not all the Eternals line up for the Olympians. There's no Eternal for Hercules, Hephaestus and others.

Still surprised Angelina Jolie isn't playing Sersi. She's the most popular and best known Eternal, but the lesser known Gemma Chan has the role. We might not have all the roles right; Marvel Studios led us to believe Jude Law was playing Mar-Vell, only to fake us out with surprise casting.

True but like I said, I could be wrong. And I would expect Hercules to be separate anyway.

I imagine it was down to being more able to convince Chan to sign a multi-picture deal than it would be Jolie. Cheaper too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 26th, 2019 11:57 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Mads Mikkelsen getting wasted on Kaecilius, who was a total z-lister in comics, was quite surprising, too.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2019 12:09 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Mads Mikkelsen getting wasted on Kaecilius, who was a total z-lister in comics, was quite surprising, too.

Mads would have been a good Doom

Old Post Aug 27th, 2019 12:15 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Whether you subscribe to the "MCU has mostly crap villains" opinion or not, their willingness to hire top drawer actors for just one movie is something I honestly don't like.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 27th, 2019 12:16 AM
Oliver Brown
Restricted

Account Restricted

When I heard that "kit Harington" is going to be a part of this movie. I'm very excited and hope the movie will release soon.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2019 12:04 PM
Oliver Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Such a waste indeed. I like the actor who plays Mordo, but Mads would have done him better. There was no need for a Kaecilius. Just make Mordo an evil prick in league with Dormammu right from the beginning.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2019 10:13 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Well, that was Jack Kirby's original intention when he created The Eternals. They were once ordinary humans that the Celestials experimented on and turned them into superhumans that ancient peoples thought were gods. It wasn't supposed to be a part of the Marvel Universe proper, but when it did, it kind of ruined Kirby's whole point since the MU already had literal gods in it.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2019 10:17 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Inhuman
Mads would have been a good Doom

And Mads will be Doom, it is his destiny to finally bring justice to Doom in live action.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 27th, 2019 10:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Well, that was Jack Kirby's original intention when he created The Eternals. They were once ordinary humans that the Celestials experimented on and turned them into superhumans that ancient peoples thought were gods. It wasn't supposed to be a part of the Marvel Universe proper, but when it did, it kind of ruined Kirby's whole point since the MU already had literal gods in it.

Interesting; I didn't know that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 27th, 2019 10:57 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
It wasn't supposed to be a part of the Marvel Universe proper, but when it did, it kind of ruined Kirby's whole point since the MU already had literal gods in it.

Kirby was also being forced to make it connect with the rest of Marvel universe, Got forced into putting in the Hulk for an issue so he made a Hulk robot instead.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 04:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Darth Thor
No.

Feige specifically said hes in the movie but Not an Eternal.

He meant Black Knight is MCU's Tutinax!

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 07:10 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Bentley
He meant Black Knight is MCU's Tutinax!

When did Kevin Fiege say that at the D23 Eternals Panel?

i watched it the other day and what Darth Thor said is pretty much spot on.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2019 08:50 AM