KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Texas

Texas
Started by: ToMacco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

Alright ladies and gents, pull up some chairs, pop some pop corn, bake some brownies and get ready to hear about tomorrow morrow land.....Walker....Walker....Walker..... big grin

Alright! I left my house cause I was not happy at home or school. All my parents do is fight and yell and my dad is cheating on my mom, and she slashes his tires and cuts up his clothes and all this other crap. Then I am not happy with my major at school. I want to be a Photogrpahy major, not a real estate major. But my parents say they are not going to pay $80,000 for me to be a bum when I graduate.

OK, so I have this friend Felicia who is always talking about going to live with her friend in Seattle. So she calls me and says that she is leaving, would I want to go to? So I said hell yes, left with out telling my parents cause they would yell and give me the whole 'throwing away your life' speech.

We'll, now it gets embarassing cause this 'friend' didn't even live in Seattle. She lives in Kent, WA, which is like 20 miles south in the mountains with the hicks! I was appalled!!!
I had to sleep on the floor, freezing, hungry, theres no jobs in Kent! It was cloudy and cold, Felicia and Sandra would just get high and watch MTV all day. So by yesterday I had enough! Called home, got yelled at, dad got on a plane this morning, rented a car, drove to Kent, picked me up and we flew home. I didn't even get to see the Space Needle!!!

So now I'm home, but my parent's are not happy at all, and they said that I'm spoiled and unappreciative and that if I ever do something like this again they wont come rescue me. They said that I will get my degree in Real Estate wheter I like it or not. And that now since I withdrew from the semester I will have to get a job untill school starts again in August!

They said they knew where I went cause they checked the history folder in my browser and checked out this sight. *Note to self* Clear history folder! big grin

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 08:46 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Welcome back!!!

Well, you're parents were pretty worried I'm sure, they just didn't showed it too you

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 08:50 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Hmmmmm...sounds like an adventure laughing out loud

Personally I feel like if you want to be a Photography major maybe you should take some classes and see if you really enjoy it..it's your life afterall. Plus I have a real distain for real estate agents big grin

I'm not really into parents having that much control over they're grown children's life choices.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 08:53 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orpheus

Welcome back Tex.

I general I agree with Dim. If you want to do it have a go, and see what you think. Of course you mentioned a small financial problem, you would have to get over.

These things are never simple.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 09:11 PM
Orpheus is currently offline Click here to Send Orpheus a Private Message Find more posts by Orpheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Yeah, you guys are right, I was dillusional!
I thought that I would get a job at some swanky Seattle botigue someplace, share a loft with some friends, and go to school in WA! Yeah right!!
I ate tunna and applesauce for 4 days!!!!!

Theres no place like home, there's no place like home.....

and thanks guys for all your wonderful coments, especially ToMacco and Keo! That was really nice of you!

Being away from home really makes you appreciate what you got! Even your parents! Now things are even worse then before. I'm just gonna do what they say, get my degree, get a job, and move out! But not too far away from home, I dont want to eat tunna again for as long as I live!!

I've missed you guys and gals, almost as much as I've missed looking at my Björk posters!!! stick out tongue
smile rolling on floor laughing smile

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 09:26 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

"It will be a hard life, one without reward, without remorse, without regret. A path will be placed before you, the choice is yours alone. Do what you think, you cannot do.
It will be a hard life, but you will find out who you are"
-QGJ

Thought this would be the place to post it

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 09:30 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You didn't bring your Bjork posters!!!!!

Ok, NOW I am worried for your health wheile you were out there! Are you recovered yet?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 09:30 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

No Björk posters. I'm sure if I had taken them, my parents would of never wanted me back! They dont like Björk!

I read about your run away story too Ush. I'm glad that you made it back safe and sound too! Now if you only had enough sense to run away from that gremlin Edna! evil face wink rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 09:35 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

WOOHOO! texas is backsmile joy to the world!smilesmile hope you learned a lessonsmile

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 09:35 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

I think he did. Tuna and applesauce don't mix wink

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 09:37 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

they don't?
Well, ok, it's a strange combination, but I've tasted it before and it wasn't THAT bad

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 09:39 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Yeah, Applesauce and Tuna do not mix!!!

Lots of applesauce makes you shit! embarrasment

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 10:39 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If it is any compensation, Tex, if you are feeling foolish and embarrassed right now, I know EXACTLY how you feel, having slunk home myself once...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 10:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Yeah, it's really embarassing! Try sitting next to your dad for 4 hours on a plane! embarrasment Really awkward silences!

How long were you awalt?
Wow, I had a hard enough time in crappy little ole Kent, WA. I can't even imagine running away to jolly ole London! You have to be a millionaire to runaway there!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 10:46 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Errr... well, I live next to it. And I actually racked up less time away than you.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 10:48 PM
Tex
Yumsz

You were smart then, going home earlier and all!
So where did you stay?

We're your parents pissed? How long did it take you to stop feeling embarassed?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 10:52 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

At a hotel, yes they were but they were too concerned to talk much about it (after having contacted the police and all), and bloody ages.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 10:54 PM
keokiswahine
Confusion

Tex, I am so glad and relieved you're home safe. *hugs*

*thank you, God, thank you, angels, for keeping him safe and letting him grow up abit more*

sounds like you really had an adventure. yes, I wondered if your home life seemed like a nightmare. You do know what to do now, don't you? You just put up, shut up, watch your parents fight, take no sides, love them both because they are your parents, help them whenever you can, study hard, take a few photo courses as your electives, do your photo thingy on the side (as in hobby, and some hobbies do pay well) to get some photo experience for your resume, graduate, and then, go have another adventure called real life.

I don't know why your dad is having other interests. I understand your mom's hurt feelings and lashing out. Hence, the husband/wife fights. Don't let that part of home spill to hard onto you. You are their child; they love you. They have to work out their own relationship problems. I can only hope that perhaps for a few days, they set aside their own relationship problems, and zoomed in to realize their son was feeling a child's grief, sorrow, anger at his parents' fighting. Maybe, perhaps, your folks can work out their differences, too; your dad will come home to mom and leave his extra curricular activities behind, they can pick up the pieces of their relationship and move on. Mom's hurt will take alot of time to heal, have patience with her pain. I hope dad will have remorse for his own infidelity. Lesson for you. Don't do that to your wife when you get married. Every family has its speed bumps. You just hang on, let God lead you through the storms of life, and move on with life. It's the journey that makes a life. It's the journey that gets us to that destination. But you must choose what your final destination will be.

end of parental speech.

*more hugs, more smooches*

welcome home, Tex, we missed you ALOT.

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 10:57 PM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Hotel eh? Now that's smart! Like in Home Alone 2, Lost in New York.
Now that's where I should of ran away too. I'm sure I would be a star on Broadway by now! rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 10:59 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actualy, though, about the embarrassment... I don;t know if it will be different for you, but I have always been surprised by the amount people can accept in their stride. It really wasn't as bad as I had imagined. I thought I had burnt all my bridges but it wasn't like that at all.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 11:02 PM