KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Defenders vs Black Adam

Defenders vs Black Adam
Started by: Thinkerer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tkitna

Here is some Surfer feats.

Notice how earths environment is meaningless to him. He also toys with the Torch and just grabs him while still aflame and the next second they are out of earths atmosphere. Pretty dang fast. Molecules and atoms bend to his will. Hell, he even brought Sue back to life after she was dead and faced Galactus right after in a weakened state.

I just can't see BA contending with that. Surfer seems to be on a much larger scale.

By Stoic

Old Post Yesterday 12:57 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tkitna
Here is some Surfer feats.

Notice how earths environment is meaningless to him. He also toys with the Torch and just grabs him while still aflame and the next second they are out of earths atmosphere. Pretty dang fast. Molecules and atoms bend to his will. Hell, he even brought Sue back to life after she was dead and faced Galactus right after in a weakened state.

I just can't see BA contending with that. Surfer seems to be on a much larger scale.

What it shows is that his intangibility is on/off, i.e. it isn't always on (he was tangible when grabbing Johnny, and when slapping missiles).

That clip is also misleading, which shows how 'clever' editing means that what's shown on screen =/=real time.

This is the actual flight sequence with Johnny (I noticed the Youtube clip was awkwardly cut):

(please log in to view the image)

You can see quite a few more seconds elapsed - and even then, editing and cutting means that you can't sit there with a timer, then proclaim that that's how long it took.

The versatility I 100% agree with. Surfer can do all sorts of wonderful things with his powers, I 100,0000% agree.

The issue here is that if he gets ragdolled by a superstrong magical bullet, he won't have the chance to do those things.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Yesterday at 01:19 PM

Old Post Yesterday 01:17 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Yeah i'm aware the scene was edited, but it still only took seconds to get out of the atmosphere.

Again, it's hard to debate this matchup as there's the side that believes BA will dismantle Surfer before he even has time to react or be able to counter and then theres the side (my opinion) that BA wouldn't be able to take Surfer out before he could respond.

It all comes down to whether BA can take Surfer out in a instant. If not, he's done for.

By Stoic

Old Post Yesterday 02:37 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yeah i'm aware the scene was edited, but it still only took seconds to get out of the atmosphere.

Again, it's hard to debate this matchup as there's the side that believes BA will dismantle Surfer before he even has time to react or be able to counter and then theres the side (my opinion) that BA wouldn't be able to take Surfer out before he could respond.

It all comes down to whether BA can take Surfer out in a instant. If not, he's done for.

It took seconds - based on the gif I posted (your post said a second). Even that gif is edited, made up of three shots (Surfer above the forest, the shot flying through the atmosphere, and the 3rd of them just above). Nothing to say how long elapses between cuts.

With regards to the second point, we at least have an idea of BA's speed, both travel and reaction in battle. A lightning-timer (Hawkman) was unable to stop him blitzing him and throwing him about with one hand (showing BA using it in battle against superhumans).

He is casually bullet-timing, I say this because he is able to catch a single bullet with his fingers:

That is way harder than swatting bullets - imagine swatting a fly, vs catching it between your finger and thumb.

h1 has been asking for Surfer's reaction speeds, for the second part. For Surfer to win, he'd have to either be fast enough to react (which we haven't seen) or durable enough to weather the assault (which we haven't seen).

Agreed that he exists on a more versatile scope - but the opponents he faced wouldn't be anything special. BA would also take Johnny out, would also swat those missile aside (or, more impressively, casually grab them and redirect them).

Old Post Yesterday 03:02 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It took seconds - based on the gif I posted (your post said a second). Even that gif is edited, made up of three shots (Surfer above the forest, the shot flying through the atmosphere, and the 3rd of them just above). Nothing to say how long elapses between cuts.

With regards to the second point, we at least have an idea of BA's speed, both travel and reaction in battle. A lightning-timer (Hawkman) was unable to stop him blitzing him and throwing him about with one hand (showing BA using it in battle against superhumans).

He is casually bullet-timing, I say this because he is able to catch a single bullet with his fingers:

That is way harder than swatting bullets - imagine swatting a fly, vs catching it between your finger and thumb.

h1 has been asking for Surfer's reaction speeds, for the second part. For Surfer to win, he'd have to either be fast enough to react (which we haven't seen) or durable enough to weather the assault (which we haven't seen).

Agreed that he exists on a more versatile scope - but the opponents he faced wouldn't be anything special. BA would also take Johnny out, would also swat those missile aside (or, more impressively, casually grab them and redirect them).

I'm not arguing about the scene, i'm just saying it didn't take minutes or hours. I wasn't intending it was instantaneous.

Surfer only needs to be durable enough for a split second and then any assault from BA is a moot point. That is my argument and I don't think BA can KO Surfer in a second or two. There is being to much time spent on reaction speed here when so little is required by Surfer.

By Stoic

Old Post Yesterday 03:53 PM
DarkSaint85

I'm not arguing about the scene, i'm just saying it didn't take minutes or hours. I wasn't intending it was instantaneous.

Surfer only needs to be durable enough for a split second and then any assault from BA is a moot point. That is my argument and I don't think BA can KO Surfer in a second or two. There is being to much time spent on reaction speed here when so little is required by Surfer.

Ok - so how durable is Surfer?

Old Post Yesterday 03:58 PM
tkitna

Ok - so how durable is Surfer?

You're going to make me watch this horrid movie again aren't you? Lol.

Honestly, not sure. He flies through the vastness of space and survived an explosion and shockwave much bigger than the earth. I think he can take a punch or two from BA before he phases.

By Stoic

Old Post Yesterday 04:06 PM
DarkSaint85

You're going to make me watch this horrid movie again aren't you? Lol.

Honestly, not sure. He flies through the vastness of space and survived an explosion and shockwave much bigger than the earth. I think he can take a punch or two from BA before he phases.

It is the price we must pay.

Old Post Yesterday 05:35 PM
tkitna

It is the price we must pay.

laughing

By Stoic

Old Post Yesterday 05:38 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by h1a8
BA has statued humans and perceived bullets in slow motion.
Surfer is not faster than a bullet in combat nor does he have the reactions to react to a bullet. Therefore Surfer would be either a statue or moving very very slowly (slower than a bullet).

Why was BA hit in the movie?
Was it because the attacks were faster than what he can respond to?
Or
He allowed himself to be hit?
Or
The script allowed it (ignored his speed perception) in order to create adversity?

BA has statued humans, not superhumans. This is supported by movie feats.

So here's the question for you: Is Silver Surfer human or superhuman?

Old Post Yesterday 06:56 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

You think all superhumans have the same level of speed?

Old Post Yesterday 08:52 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

You think all superhumans have the same level of speed?

No, but it doesn't really matter in this case because BA got hit by pretty much every single superhuman he faced, regardless of their speed. And none of them seem any faster than Silver Surfer.

Old Post Yesterday 08:55 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by FrothByte
BA has statued humans, not superhumans. This is supported by movie feats.

So here's the question for you: Is Silver Surfer human or superhuman?

BA did statue superhumans. I think you need to watch the movie again.

But forget that. Let's assume that he didn't.
Why didn't he?
1. They moved faster than he can perceive and react to
Or
2. He chose to allow himself to be hit
Or
3. The script was written to ignore his power of speed/perception etc

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Yesterday 09:05 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by h1a8
BA did statue superhumans. I think you need to watch the movie again.

Please post the feat where he was able to statue superhumans so well that they couldn't land hits on him.

Old Post Yesterday 09:44 PM