KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Master Chief vs. Boba Fett

Master Chief vs. Boba Fett
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

On a forum dedicated to arguing who would win in a fight between two fictional characters--->Calls us nerds.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 07:18 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
On a forum dedicated to arguing who would win in a fight between two fictional characters--->Calls us nerds.
(please log in to view the image)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 07:28 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sCOURGE_0
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Deathstroke is a bad example, he's tagged The Flash.
Deathstroke is a great example because his perception is similar

And Flash has shown that if he really wanted to he could cream Slade

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 07:58 PM
sCOURGE_0 is currently offline Click here to Send sCOURGE_0 a Private Message Find more posts by sCOURGE_0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Casper Whitey
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol Nerds.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 09:03 PM
Casper Whitey is currently offline Click here to Send Casper Whitey a Private Message Find more posts by Casper Whitey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Funny we went from master cheif and Boba Fet to flash and death stroke. Where is the relevance?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 09:15 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Casper Whitey
Lol Nerds.

Originally posted by sCOURGE_0
Deathstroke is a great example because his perception is similar

And Flash has shown that if he really wanted to he could cream Slade

Which remains part of why he's a bad example, Slade has a hardcore case of 'depending on the writer' his high showings are lulzy. There's legitimately a scan somewhere of him stating he's 'faster in the right ways' or some shit as he tags a Flash who had no idea it was going to happen. (Somehow, seriously, wat?)

Stupid things happen in comics sometimes though, lol.

Anyway, reaction time doesn't make someone untouchable, either. People get nailed by fairly slow moving dodge balls all the time IRL, for example. Chief's just as likely to be tagged by a blast bolt as I am a dodge ball, IMHO. The problem lies in how such a thing is supposed to pierce his armour, I'm not sure it could.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 09:24 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sCOURGE_0
Restricted

Account Restricted

It really isn't dependent on the writer either since George Perez wrote like 95% of the instances of Slade tagging Flash, my scan just proves that if Flash wants to he could kill Slade instantly and Slade touching him has more to do with Flash taking it easy on him and not Slade being that damn good

Anyway original point was comparing Chief to Slade since they both see the world in slow mo, not that they would see the same outcome of a fight, I don't think for a second Chief would touch Flash under any circumstances

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 11:04 PM
sCOURGE_0 is currently offline Click here to Send sCOURGE_0 a Private Message Find more posts by sCOURGE_0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Villelater
Maestro Hulk fan

well what i say isn't important but...in the Video-game world you can kill someone in Halo 2 with a pistol...just saying...and errm if chief is godly powerful how come elites are like spartans? and how do normal humans fight the Aliens? i thought the only real difference was the suit...but im just looking at video-game physics here...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 01:12 AM
Villelater is currently offline Click here to Send Villelater a Private Message Find more posts by Villelater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

In the Justice League game, Superman could only fly about 20 feet into the air, and couldn't run faster than Batman and Huntress could run.

I guess Superman is unable to fly higher than 20 feet, or fly faster than a human can run. Just sayin.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 01:39 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Villelater
Maestro Hulk fan

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
In the Justice League game, Superman could only fly about 20 feet into the air, and couldn't run faster than Batman and Huntress could run.

I guess Superman is unable to fly higher than 20 feet, or fly faster than a human can run. Just sayin.
the difference is Master Chief was born as a Video-game Character...and the cinematics in halo don't always follow the gameplay...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 01:46 AM
Villelater is currently offline Click here to Send Villelater a Private Message Find more posts by Villelater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Villelater
well what i say isn't important but...in the Video-game world you can kill someone in Halo 2 with a pistol...just saying...and errm if chief is godly powerful how come elites are like spartans? and how do normal humans fight the Aliens? i thought the only real difference was the suit...but im just looking at video-game physics here...

Much of the spartans armor and shields were reverse engineered from covenant tech.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 01:51 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Villelater
Maestro Hulk fan

how is Master Chief fast? in cinematics sure...in gameplay human weapons are faster then Aliens(plasma based) and human guns are still mostly basic(compared to real-life guns) Chief can dodge Plasma easier then bullets...again just going by game-physics

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 01:58 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Villelater
how is Master Chief fast? in cinematics sure...in gameplay human weapons are faster then Aliens(plasma based) and human guns are still mostly basic(compared to real-life guns) Chief can dodge Plasma easier then bullets...again just going by game-physics

I think they already posted how his speed is accelerated.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 02:15 AM
dadudemon

If a person's reaction times are literally 3x faster than regular humans, that's superhuman.

"Many researchers have confirmed that reaction to sound is faster than reaction to light, with mean auditory reaction times being 140-160 msec and visual reaction times being 180-200 msec..."

http://biology.clemson.edu/bpc/bp/Lab/110/reaction.htm

So if he is 3x faster than that...what does that number even mean? Does it mean divide by 300%? Okay, that's just dividing by 3.

Going by this website, all scores less than 100 ms are thrown out because that is deemed too quick (just randomly getting it right):
http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/

But their average is 215 ms

Anyway, let us go with the science rather than the online stuff. Let us go with sound: that is 140 ms. 140/3= 46.67ms

So a Spartan II's reaction time is 46.67 ms, without the armor. If the armor increases that reaction time 5 times:

46.67/5=9.3 ms

Basically, the associative property works with division, as well. 5 times faster is the same as dividing that unassisted number by 5.

9.3 ms is absurdly faster.

How much faster is this than the mean for humans?

140/9.3=15 times faster. Spartan II's are 15 times faster, in reaction speed, when in armor, than the average human. Obviously, that's well beyond superhuman.

How did I get this number? 3*5. Easy, right?

Anyway, this site gives us the speed of nerve impulses:

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2002/DavidParizh.shtml

I would prefer to go with 100m/s as that works quite well. Once we get into this realm of less than 10 ms, we start to question whether or not it is possible for them to even have reactions that fast. Is that mathematically possible without redesigning how nerves work? I don't think so. If you are not bored, Screampaste, perhaps you can calculate if it is even possible, using normal neuronal tissues, to have a reaction of 9 ms. Does 100 meters a second allow a person to sense, with their ears, for the signal to travel to the brain, and then travel to their arms?

Come up with a reasonable distance from the ear to the brain and from the brain to the arms. See if 9ms response time is within reason of the speed of nerve impulse using 100m/s as a baseline. My estimate? Without doing the math and coming up with a distance those nerve impulses must travel, my rough estimate is 9ms is 5-10 times faster than physically possible (and that is with a 0 processing time in the brain).

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 03:26 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sCOURGE_0
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not that I'm arguing but I'd imagine most street levelers who can bullet time have reaction faster than 3x normal human. Deathstroke is a top tier character who's made his rep on his insane reaction time and I've heard his reaction is 10-11x faster than normal [arbitrary number based off speculation though] and Spartans without armor can see the world in slo mo similiar to him

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 05:26 PM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Master chief wins

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 06:37 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

cool thread. thumb up

gotta go master chief though.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2024 10:20 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote