KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » how useful would a jedi be

how useful would a jedi be
Started by: Man of Christ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

how useful would a jedi be

if they accompanied master chief on delta halo, with all abilities.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Depends...What Jedi? A top tier Jedi would wtfpwn everything in site. Then again in our reality, the Jedi and the Flood don't live in the same universe so we'd first have to establish if the force even exists..

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Depends...What Jedi? A top tier Jedi would wtfpwn everything in site. Then again in our reality, the Jedi and the Flood don't live in the same universe so we'd first have to establish if the force even exists..

sorry, didnt set up all the parameters. to answer your questions, yes the force does exist and all the jedi going to the ring are of a mace windu callibur and better

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

They would extremely helpful but if by some means the flood are simply too many or if the jedi sacrifices himself that could be a problem not sure if the new flood-jedi in combat form would have the use of the force but the flood in combat form already can do great things physically. Not to mention since this is on delta halo you have the covenant presence too.

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Jan 6th, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The plasma bolts can't be deflected, they're lightsaber will be useless at long range, and also if they get infected the flood then that means you have a force enabled Flood running around.

The Jedi would be helpful only if he used a gun.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 05:00 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

whats so special about HALO's plasma bolts that they cant be deflected?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 11:37 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

First off, the Brutes don't even use plasma or lasers, they use large metal spikes that shoot out of there gun, sort of like needles but thicker and longer. Your mom can attest to mine. Jedi have problems deflecting stuff like that because when the metal comes into contact with the lightsaber it melts and becomes super hot, and ot doesn't deflect, but the molten "shrapnel" goes past the lightsaber and will burn the Jedi face or body, wherever it touches. It's be better to simply dodge a brute spiker then to try to block the bullets.

Second, plasma bolts from Halo are different from lasers, in that they;re more like a cloud of superheated gas as opposed to a condensed, focused laser, so I don't think a lightsaber would be able to block it. It might just go right through it.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 04:15 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Satauros

1.I don't think the flood wod be able to use the force
2.the jedi cood easily slic through hordes of flood like butter

this is a vey interesting subject an I'd like to continue this with u guys, but I think i master chief had MW calibur jedi with him, things wooda been exremely different

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Satauros a Private Message Find more posts by Satauros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Windu would help out he can still use the force and might be able to crush or in this case pop the flood maybe even Gravemind. And all the Master Chief would need another Spartan II or III and things would have been easier. I would like to see a lightsaber vs energy sword or grav. hammer.

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Jan 8th, 2008 at 02:15 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Satauros

the main use of the Force wood be able to turn the tide of the battles quite easily, there's plenty of power behind the force to instill fear into the covenant I'm sure

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 02:32 AM
Click here to Send Satauros a Private Message Find more posts by Satauros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Satauros
the main use of the Force wood be able to turn the tide of the battles quite easily, there's plenty of power behind the force to instill fear into the covenant I'm sure

So if the spartans are called demons they are the jedi devils? evil face I agree with what you said, but something came to me.

What if a jedi had to face a group of marines or spartans. I know the jedi could use the force to knock down the bullets in mid-air. But I think it might be harder for jedi to block bullets with their saber then a laser because it would be harder to see and I would think the assault rifle fires more shots than a standard pistol or clone trooper rifle bu then again the speed of the shots could come into play if there is a difference which I am not aware of.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 02:40 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Satauros
[B]1.I don't think the flood wod be able to use the force

The flood take on the characteristics of whoever they infest. And they learn everything they're hosts know.

quote:
2.the jedi cood easily slic through hordes of flood like butter

No, he couldn't. He could maybe slice through the human, Covanent, and brute forms, but the infection forms would be too small and they move too fast. A Jedi could maybe hit two or three at a time which wouldn't help much when hundreds are swarming at you. And without Shields the Jedi would get overwhelmed and die quickly.

He would have to slice hundreds of tiny floating balls, all of which can kill him in one hit, while dodging plasma bolts, bullets, and tendrils.

No Jedi except for maybe Luke, could withstand the flood unless they wore some shielding.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 03:06 AM
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why even discuss if a Jedi would be useful? Any SW navy would completely decimate any covenant forces in space, and then use orbital bombardments to pacify any forces that were on the ground.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 03:23 AM
Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
The flood take on the characteristics of whoever they infest. And they learn everything they're hosts know.

if the flood isnt force sensitive then thats like a cat knowing how to open a door (cats have no opposible thumbs to turn knobs), knowlege doesnt = ability to perform

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 04:08 AM
0°Mandalore°0
Mandalorian Pride

I agree. A Jedi of the same level as Mace would OBVIOUSLY be useful in many, many ways, at any situation.

A warrior knows nothing of surrender.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 04:09 AM
Click here to Send 0°Mandalore°0 a Private Message Find more posts by 0°Mandalore°0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Man of Christ
if the flood isnt force sensitive then thats like a cat knowing how to open a door (cats have no opposible thumbs to turn knobs), knowlege doesnt = ability to perform

But once a flood takes over ones body they gain the hosts force sensitivity. The flood themselves won't be force sensitive, but they can control the host, who is force sensitive, to use the force. It's like a puppet master controlling a puppet.

Have you read the HALO novels and beaten all three games?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 04:19 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Why even discuss if a Jedi would be useful? Any SW navy would completely decimate any covenant forces in space, and then use orbital bombardments to pacify any forces that were on the ground.

Why even discuss that? None of it is real.

We discuss these things because we like discussion, otherwise this whole forum section would be nonexistent.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 04:20 AM
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

But once a flood takes over ones body they gain the hosts force sensitivity. The flood themselves won't be force sensitive, but they can control the host, who is force sensitive, to use the force. It's like a puppet master controlling a puppet.

lol the flood cant even make an elite hold a gun straight and you think they can perform complexities like force use

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 04:25 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Um.. yes they can erm

Feel free to play the game on more then just easy..

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 04:30 AM
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

Um.. yes they can erm

Feel free to play the game on more then just easy..

insults, i just love your level of maturity it equals this banana Happy Dance
any way i beat the games on legendary and guess what, the floods posture and way of holding weapons is still off

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 04:36 AM