KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » I'm so sick of jedi-based video games.

I'm so sick of jedi-based video games.
Started by: Schecter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sleep I'm so sick of jedi-based video games.

when was the last time we were blessed with a good starship battle game? the last good one imho was rogue squadron 2 for the gamecube. is anyone else itching to jump back in the cockpit for some space battles? why has the lucasarts franchised seemingly abandoned this genre? what i really want is multiplayer space battles via xbox live, and the closest thing to that was in battlefront 2 for the first xbox, which quite frankly sucked (in regards to dogfighting, i mean).

who's with me?

(if this belongs in the general gaming forum, feel free to move it there. just thought it was more appropriate here)

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 03:03 PM
Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

A next-gen (current-gen) Rogue Squadron game from Factor 5 would be very cool indeed.

As for non-Jedi SW games, Republic Commando was pretty good.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0°Mandalore°0
Mandalorian Pride

I like almost every SW games, even the Jedi ones. Actually, the Jedi ones are my favourite, but I also love the Squadron games. As morridini said, it would be amazing if someone made a current-gen game like that. It would rock.

A warrior knows nothing of surrender.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 04:00 PM
Click here to Send 0°Mandalore°0 a Private Message Find more posts by 0°Mandalore°0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 0°Mandalore°0
I like almost every SW games, even the Jedi ones. Actually, the Jedi ones are my favourite, but I also love the Squadron games. As morridini said, it would be amazing if someone made a current-gen game like that. It would rock.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 09:45 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know about you guys, but I would love to see a remake of TIE fighter for the PC. That game was fantastic, my favorite flying sim of all time. Imagine how great it could be with today's graphics as well as its amazing gameplay. A current gen sequel to TIE fighter would be nice as well.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 10:20 PM
Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I think that it's just that the Jedi are what makes Star Wars special. Were it not for them it would just be Star trek a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Of course, if any remember, The Force Unleashed was originally supposed to be a wookie game. GL shot it down saying "I just spent the last forty minutes talking about the importance of drama, and you present me a game concept where the main character doesn't talk?" And let's face it, you just can't easily have Jedi without drama.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 02:08 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
I think that it's just that the Jedi are what makes Star Wars special. Were it not for them it would just be Star trek a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Lol, what a bunch of bollocks.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 02:14 AM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Hey, had it not been for the Jedi and the Sith... Star Wars would not have as many of the wars. I mean, think about it. most of the wars were directly influenced by the sith.

Also there would be little to no mystery to the galaxy. The force was a great and mysterious thing (Well... untill the prequels) which added a great deal of depth to the galaxy. Just face it, without the Jedi... Star Wars would not be Star Wars.

However I may have been alittle extreme in saying it would be
"Star trek a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away". But Star Wars would be a rudementry Sci-fi movie series, and not the space fantasy that everyone knows and loves.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Feb 10th, 2008 at 03:16 AM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by fascistcrusader
I don't know about you guys, but I would love to see a remake of TIE fighter for the PC. That game was fantastic, my favorite flying sim of all time. Imagine how great it could be with today's graphics as well as its amazing gameplay. A current gen sequel to TIE fighter would be nice as well.

you read my mind. i so loved that game. though im not optimistic enough to see a return of an actual starship simulator. at this point id be happy with a simple arcade style rogue squadron type game....just...SOMETHING

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 04:27 AM
Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
Hey, had it not been for the Jedi and the Sith... Star Wars would not have as many of the wars. I mean, think about it. most of the wars were directly influenced by the sith.

Also there would be little to no mystery to the galaxy. The force was a great and mysterious thing (Well... untill the prequels) which added a great deal of depth to the galaxy. Just face it, without the Jedi... Star Wars would not be Star Wars.

However I may have been alittle extreme in saying it would be
"Star trek a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away". But Star Wars would be a rudementry Sci-fi movie series, and not the space fantasy that everyone knows and loves.

That's a load of rubbish laughing .

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 03:36 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

Originally posted by Schecter
when was the last time we were blessed with a good starship battle game? the last good one imho was rogue squadron 2 for the gamecube. is anyone else itching to jump back in the cockpit for some space battles? why has the lucasarts franchised seemingly abandoned this genre? what i really want is multiplayer space battles via xbox live, and the closest thing to that was in battlefront 2 for the first xbox, which quite frankly sucked (in regards to dogfighting, i mean).

who's with me?

(if this belongs in the general gaming forum, feel free to move it there. just thought it was more appropriate here)
i deffinately think they should remake TIE-Fighter for the pc with updated graphics, i always thought that would be cool as it's pretty much lucasarts best game ever

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 04:59 PM
Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

The jedi games are the best ones.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 08:19 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by exanda kane

no expression

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 09:05 PM
NemeBro

You ARE trolling, you know.

A starfighter game? We haven't had a very good one in a while have we?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 10:30 PM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

No, we haven't... I always have enjoyed games like that...

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 10:49 PM
exanda kane

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
You ARE trolling, you know.

A starfighter game? We haven't had a very good one in a while have we?

Heh, get over yourself.

Reason why I didn't feel the need to elaborate was that JLRTENJAC got it all fundamentally wrong, so wrong that I feel it'd be lecherous and too damn nice of me to correct him fully. I hope that suffices.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 11:35 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Co-sign on an X-Wing/TIE Fighter type game. Back in those days Lucasarts was unstoppable. Heck, I even played 'Their Finest Hour' which was their WWII Battle of Britain sim upon which they built up to the original X-Wing. Those games were awesome and some kind of return of the series would be fabulous.

Don't get me wrong, Rogue Leader et al was good but it was just an action blaster. X-Wing and Tie Fighter and so on were action games but with surprising depth.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 11th, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

they were like the first space sim flyers, and the more they made the more in-depth they got, they are amazing games

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 04:18 AM
Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Heh, get over yourself.

Reason why I didn't feel the need to elaborate was that JLRTENJAC got it all fundamentally wrong, so wrong that I feel it'd be lecherous and too damn nice of me to correct him fully. I hope that suffices.

Thank you for not trying to explain it to me, it was very nice of you... besides, it's obvious that you don't understand what it is that I speak of.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 07:07 PM
exanda kane

No, I cearly understand what you are trying to say. I just think it's a very superficial way of looking at the thing.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 08:50 PM