KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clones in The Clone Wars

Clones in The Clone Wars
Started by: Alliance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Clones in The Clone Wars

This thread is for discussion the role of clones in the upcomming Movie/TV series.

Starting with this clip from www.starwars.com

Interviewer: It also seems to show a little bit more of the clone characters as well.

Lucas: Yeah, now we get introduced to the clones, which we didn't get in the movies. Now, they're like main characters and they really are central to the whole thing, and you can identify them and know who they are, and it's sort of like "Band of Brothers" only with Jedi. [laughs]

Therefore, we can expect to see a lot of development of who the clones are as people and as characters. It has also been noted that some episodes are expected to be clone only.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Development? Quite presumptious.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 10:21 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

cool

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 11:15 PM
Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Really no different to the animated series, then.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 11:53 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

I am sure Jar Jar will have more screen time than all the clones together.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

He'd beter not.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 02:20 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Platooooooooooon.

Or an Apocalypse Now parody.

Either would have me watching.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 09:04 AM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Good point.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 06:52 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Except really, it could be. Clones had roles in the Gendy series, but we're now talking 22min episodes with character development. I'd expect a lot more.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 04:06 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I wouldn't if I were you... just to save you the disappointment.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 01:45 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Alliance
Except really, it could be. Clones had roles in the Gendy series, but we're now talking 22min episodes with character development. I'd expect a lot more.

Well I dunno. They had central roles, episodes dedicated to them, they had personalities, they talked...

Ok, same as the original animated series but in a bit more detail? The principle is still the same. And they are still people who we all know do not, ultimately, have any moral sense, so I am hardly going to care about them just because we see what they do.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 01:55 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Well I dunno. They had central roles, episodes dedicated to them, they had personalities, they talked...

Nothing was ever mentioned about thier wants, goals, feelings, etc. I think its highly likely we'll see something of that magnitude.

Ok, same as the original animated series but in a bit more detail? The principle is still the same. And they are still people who we all know do not, ultimately, have any moral sense, so I am hardly going to care about them just because we see what they do.

Just because you refuse to interpret or extrapolate a moral sense doesn't mean they don't have one.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 02:02 PM
queeq
Chaos

Why would they have any goals, wants, feeling or moral senses that can stand in the way of their very purpose? There's no point to that. If you're gonna design clones, you wanna make sure you use all the benefits of them being human but do away with everything that might stand in the way of your goals.
You want the Clones to be more than they are.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 11:00 PM
exanda kane

Still think they should parody Platoon. Have one clone as a nut and another as the pseudo messiah. Be fun that. Actually, it wouldn't, but I still like the concept.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 11:06 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Alliance
Nothing was ever mentioned about thier wants, goals, feelings, etc. I think its highly likely we'll see something of that magnitude.

Just because you refuse to interpret or extrapolate a moral sense doesn't mean they don't have one.

Their wants and goals are to serve; why would they be beyond that?

And the events of ROTS prove they do not have a moral sense; the only thing that counts for them is obeying orders. I'm not interpreting or extrapolating; it is flat out on screen.

As said- you are wanting them to be more than they are.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 23rd, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 12:23 AM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by exanda kane
Still think they should parody Platoon. Have one clone as a nut and another as the pseudo messiah. Be fun that. Actually, it wouldn't, but I still like the concept.

I'll start writing the script. wink

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 12:39 PM
exanda kane

Well at least you're not affected by the "you can write it but you can't say it" dogma that Lucas has!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 01:14 PM
queeq
Chaos

How would you know? wink

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 06:50 PM
exanda kane

Give us a draft!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 07:13 PM
queeq
Chaos

It takes a while.

Or did ya mean beer?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 10:10 PM