KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Publisher Summary for Invincible

Publisher Summary for Invincible
Started by: Darth Sexy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Publisher Summary for Invincible

I found this shit interesting...

It's a plan that will be as difficult and dangerous to execute as it is daring. For Caedus is a scion of both the Skywalker and Solo bloodlines whose command of the Force surpasses even that of his grandfather Darth Vader. There is only one who is bound by destiny to stand against him in what will surely be a duel to the death, only one with an outside chance of bringing down the Dark Lord who was once Jacen Solo.

So now apparently Jacen Solo's command of the force surpasses Anakin Skywalker who was supposed to be the most powerful Jedi ever.. I'm going to assume they're talking about Darth Vader as the machine which is understandable. But also claiming that Jacen's regime would be more tyrannical than Palpatine's is hilarious. To top it off, apparently you have to have the DESTINY of killing Caedus to actually do it. It would be too easy if Luke did it.. Man I hate the LOTF series..

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 06:55 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Go figure, they have to make it sound exciting and they don't give a damn about continuity.

Isn't there a thread for this?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 08:04 AM
Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard of. They are so desperate to make Caedus sound dangerous when luke has completely owned him in EVERY encounter. Every one.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 06:55 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It's not even like Caedus was horribly maimed, or absent for years, his fall was kinda...iffy.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 10:23 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

So Jacen is evil nowadays? I stopped reading Star Wars halfway through the young stuff.... but I mostly remember him as boy that liked animals.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post May 4th, 2008 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Wookieepedia has started posting some spoilers already.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 09:58 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Wookieepedia has started posting some spoilers already.

I don't know how to post a spoiler alert but who gives a shit, the LOTF series sucks anyways. According to star wars wikipedia;

Death
Jacen was mortally wounded by his sister, Jaina, in a duel. His last act was to scream through the Force to Tenel Ka to protect Allana, their daughter.[4] His Sith apprentice, Tahiri Veila, was defeated in a duel by Ben Skywalker and brought into Hapan custody.

So there you have it, no sense in reading the final novel although I'm going to anyways. The whole idea was stupid considering the fact that jacen and Luke were the most powerful beings in the galaxy and were therefore supposed to have a final battle of titanic proportions..

Old Post May 4th, 2008 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I think we can expect to see a "drunken" Luke still crying over the lost Mara in every scene in which he appears.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Man, I hate LOTF

Old Post May 5th, 2008 12:01 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Jaina > Jacen in lightsaber skillz?

And actually no, I wasn't expecting Luke to beat him. I think everyone knows that Luke will wipe his ass with Jacen, so it wouldn't be that great. It'd be like the final fight in Rots being Yoda vs. Anakin or something.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

well... that really sucks. I wish you had known how to post a spoiler alert. i guess i thought since you didn't know how, you weren't going to post the spoiler... oh well.. thus is life.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 12:14 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well at the same time, the finale was kind of obvious don't you think? Jacen was going to go down to either Luke (which would have been most logical), or Jaina, and the cover of the novel spoiled it. I am going to read it because I want to see what paths various characters take, specifically the new sith order, and the Skywalkers..

Old Post May 5th, 2008 12:41 AM
truejedi

yeah, that's true. i was holding out hope that Jacen would kill jaina, and then luke could kill jacen, and we could be done with solo children forever though.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 12:44 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just wanted Luke and Jacen to fight such a titanic battle that they open up a portal to another dimension and after Luke kills Jacen, he leaves to another dimension forever.. I'm a little weird.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 12:55 AM
Lightsnake

Fun fact: Jacen is so demented, he can't even fight properly...

From TFN:

Jacen's orders make no strategic sense.
* Jacen's orders make no political sense.
* Jacen makes no effort to hide he's a lunatic.
* Jacen has nightmares everytime he goes to bed.
* Jacen admits to psychotic actions to people around him.
* Jacen kills people in fits of pique.
* Jacen has no master plan for bringing peace to the galaxy.
* Jacen is paranoid to the point of believing his cape is plotting against him.
* Jacen has this weird psychotic hatred of his parents.
* Jacen attempts to torture Ben into obeying him without any real sense of how to make him want to be his apprentice.
* It's not until the last moment Jacen realizes he's LOSING the war.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atticus

Its seems like these Authors all try to 1up each other even try to 1up lucas. they think power levels make there story more important that poor marketing and poor work ethics (insult to star wars and literature in general)
and by the way Jasen= the perfection of sw Faggotry.

EDIT:sorry i just hate all the njo authors sooo much.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Atticus a Private Message Find more posts by Atticus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by Atticus
Its seems like these Authors all try to 1up each other even try to 1up lucas. they think power levels make there story more important that poor marketing and poor work ethics (insult to star wars and literature in general)
and by the way Jasen= the perfection of sw Faggotry.

EDIT:sorry i just hate all the njo authors sooo much.

Seconded.

ps: The sith were supposed to be gone after palpatine. (in the 2nd death star.)

Old Post May 7th, 2008 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I just wanted Luke and Jacen to fight such a titanic battle that they open up a portal to another dimension and after Luke kills Jacen, he leaves to another dimension forever.. I'm a little weird.

Same, except the "that they open up a portal to another dimension and after Luke kills Jacen, he leaves to another dimension forever.. I'm a little weird." part.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 02:59 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

i know, if vader didn't destroy the sith, then he wasn't the chosen one... kinda weird...

Old Post May 7th, 2008 03:01 AM
Atticus

1uped lucas

Old Post May 7th, 2008 03:32 AM
Click here to Send Atticus a Private Message Find more posts by Atticus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote