KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Starkiller or garen malek is unbelievably overpowered.

Starkiller or garen malek is unbelievably overpowered.
Started by: Schwarzenegger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Starkiller or garen malek is unbelievably overpowered.

Just read this article posted on wookiepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Batt...the_Death_Star.

As it seems, garen "annihilates" vader "leaving him near death" and casted back lightning at "the most powerful sith lord in history" and resulted in "a draw" or a stalemate.

Whats even more hilarious is that he, the only force user to ever perform such a feat to allow his body to open to the force and unleashed all that energy in an explosive blast that nearly kills darth fu*king sidious and vader but ends up dead in the process.

The part which really annoyed me was him doing that DBZ move that nearly kills 2 very powerful sith lords and the fact that if this feat was ever achievable in the first place, some random uber jedi or sith in the last thousands of years would have done the same thing, hell wouldn't jedi's do that for the sake of the republic or peace?

This makes me wonder, is this excuse for a character actually that powerful? Or is he simply too overpowered? Hell and i thought bane and luke were overpowered but this new random guy is truly overpowered as stated by haden dickman whom disputed that he has the "potential to be the most powerful force user ever".

This alone contradicts lucas philosophy of "the chosen one".

A non skywalker that powerful? Omg.

opinions please.

EDIT, i meant Galen marek, not garen.

Last edited by BoratBorat on Aug 15th, 2008 at 10:17 AM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:14 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

It's wiki. Never trust wiki. no expression

And I still have faith in George Lucas and the producers to prevent such a disgrace.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:59 AM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hope so, and nice avatar btw.

Last edited by BoratBorat on Aug 15th, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 11:15 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

The link doesn't work so I question the authenticity of the article.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 12:15 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I was able to read the wookieepedia page and if its true that he fought Sidious's lightning to draw and nearly killed Vader in their duel then he must be close close to ROTS Yoda in power.

On a another note I was disappointed that it seems that he seems to be a lightsider or at the very least a "good guy" I would much rather have him going fighting for revenge or so he could rule the galaxy or something. I can't stand how these originally darkside characters seek redemption can we have a darkside character in a videogame stay that way and be the canonical ending some form. Seriouly the rebel alliance symbol turns out out to be the family crest of Galen Marek.

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Aug 15th, 2008 at 02:26 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

And Vader still would've been more powerful than that if he hadn't been crippled. Shame shame.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 03:07 PM
Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I was able to read the wookieepedia page and if its true that he fought Sidious's lightning to draw and nearly killed Vader in their duel then he must be close close to ROTS Yoda in power.

Close to ROTS yoda? No no, they made this idiot powerful enough to "nearly kill palpatine", something which yoda as a lightsider couldn't do.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 03:15 PM
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
Hope so, and nice avatar btw.

Thanksies. smile

Anyways, even if he did almost kill Palpatine, Palpatine still killed him in the end, making him (and, in turn, Yoda) more powerful than Starkiller.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 03:59 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I fliped through the battle in the graphic novel. It seems similar to the Windu vs. Sidious battle. He appeared to not be giving it his all for some reason. I'll know more when I actualy read it.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

Game looks to good not to play but that shit is ridiculous they should make it a non canon game, nearly being able to kill Palpatine Pfft, and this game is gonna ruin Vaders reputation enough people underestimate him as it is

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Based on what I heard, I think it is still worth mentioning that while is very powerful and appears to be on the level of the PT greats we still need to note that he nearly killed Sidious by using a technique that killed him.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 07:12 PM
Advent
Just Leaving

"zOMG! HE'S TOO UBER!" Please quit whining and just accept the fact that the secret apprentice is just so strong he can put Vader in his rightful place. I rarely hear people calling Sidious "overpowered", so what's the big f'ing deal?

Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
The part which really annoyed me was him doing that DBZ move that nearly kills 2 very powerful sith lords and the fact that if this feat was ever achievable in the first place, some random uber jedi or sith in the last thousands of years would have done the same thing, hell wouldn't jedi's do that for the sake of the republic or peace?

1) There's no reason to assume that Marek's ability in incapable of being performed. It's actually quite plausible.

2) Questioning why Jedi wouldn't perform what is essentially a suicide bombing would be asking like why doesn't the United States or Great Britain employ kamikaze attacks. Not that what you're saying makes any sense anyways (done the same thing to who? Why? What would it have accomplished? Who is powerful enough to do this?).

quote:
This makes me wonder, is this excuse for a character actually that powerful? Or is he simply too overpowered?

He can't be "overpowered" because there is no such thing in the context of Star Wars - a character can't be "too strong" if you look at it from a rational perspective.

quote:
This alone contradicts lucas philosophy of "the chosen one".

No, it doesn't. Anakin had (key) the "potential" and according to George Lucas himself he no longer possesses that same potential as Vader. Ergo, there would be no contradiction.

quote:
A non skywalker that powerful? Omg.

Being part of the Skywalker bloodline is not a requirement for being "that powerful".

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Actually, you are completely right. The Jedi only thought Anakin was the 'Chosen One', but it was never a fact, merely a belief... Unless GL stated he was the 'Chosen One'?

Last edited by Col. Valerian on Aug 15th, 2008 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
Actually, you are completely right. The Jedi only thought Anakin was the 'Chosen One', but it was never a fact, merely a belief... Unless GL stated he was the 'Chosen One'?

He did. Multiple times.

quote:
Originally posted by Advent
zOMG! HE'S TOO UBER!" Please quit whining and just accept the fact that the secret apprentice is just so strong he can put Vader in his rightful place. I rarely hear people calling Sidious "overpowered", so what's the big f'ing deal?

I'm still psyched for the game and novelization, and am practically frothing at the mouth for both. That said, comparing Sidious and Starkiller is two completely different things. One is the ultimate villain of the saga, supposed to embody dark side power and brilliance, is the most powerful Sith Lord ever, and achieved such power through ungodly study and meditation. The other ascended to power, despite not being a Skywalker, with relatively limited training (compared to Sidious's) and at a relatively young age. And his importance is far less to the story than Sidious's or Anakin's. It's hardly the same thing, Advent.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't really see what the problem is, why would it be such a bad thing if Starkiller could, at this point, be stronger then Vader? He wouldn't be the first.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:29 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Stronger than Vader is one thing, but stronger than Sidious...

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

And he's dead anyway, so Vader was still Palp's number 2 guy.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, Vader's a top tier Force user, but he's not number one, two, or three in history.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:48 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Hence Sidious's number 2 guy. As in, his right hand man... or machine seeing as he's more machine now than man.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Hence Sidious's number 2 guy. As in, his right hand man... or machine seeing as he's more machine now than man.

I wasn't responding to you, DS, nor was I disagreeing. Otherwise I wouldn't have said "Yeah".

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:05 PM