KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Luke walks on Lava

Luke walks on Lava
Started by: Darth Exodus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Luke walks on Lava

WTF????? How????

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 10:47 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's Jesus' cousin, twice removed.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 01:49 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

he uses the force. I bet you coulda guessed that if you had thought about it a bit.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 02:34 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Considering he was capable of tanking AT-AT blasts with his Force shields just a few years post ROTJ, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 06:16 PM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
He's Jesus' cousin, twice removed.

the only difference was that Jesus is REAL and he actually did walk on water.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 09:31 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
the only difference was that Jesus is REAL and he actually did walk on water.
Maybe Jesus is imaginary.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Ooooh, don't say that, you'll go to hell!

....where Manbearpig waits

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Lightsnake
Ooooh, don't say that, you'll go to hell!

....where Manbearpig waits
Well now you're just being ignorant, Tom.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSerpent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tom... his names tom...

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 11:07 PM
Click here to Send DarkSerpent a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSerpent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

And you're banned.

When did Luke walk on lava? Because that is slightly ridiculous...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 08:04 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I remember something like that. It was in the Jedi Academy Trilogy I think. Jedi Search.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 08:18 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

All jokes aside thats a pretty odd use of the force and What I mean was what did he do? Heat control? I need some insight here!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 09:14 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

he just walked on air over a lake of lava

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 09:36 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was in the first novel of the JA series, when he was proving himself to Gantoris.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 01:38 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

Originally posted by Tangible God
Well now you're just being ignorant, Tom.

I love that episode!!! (or mini-series actually. trilogy?) That and the one with Richard Dawkins and the otters are great! In all seriousness, it isnt that increadible of a feat. Now if he had turned water into wine and fed the hungry with a few loaves of bread and some fish, i would be most impressed.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hmm, yet another example of the Expanded Universe not relying on the concept of the Force being a subtle ally, then.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 06:27 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The idea of the force being a subtle ally is in itself a ridiculous concept anyway, imo.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 06:44 PM
REXXXX
Networking

How so?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 06:59 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I see the force as the Matrix, I.E., everything is in your mind. So...you really should be able to do whatever the heck you want with it if you really honestly believe you can and can see yourself doing it. Yoda himself said that size doesn't matter, so why should it matter if someone, say, moves a moon? Even Lucas has said that the things the Jedi did in the CW cartoon is how he envisioned the force and Jedi as being. A large majority of the force's creation is based off of eastern religions and myths as well as Western like Christianity. Jesus had faith in God's power and so was able to walk on water. Peter got halfway there and freaked out, then fell through. In JA Luke took faith in the force and, lo and behold, walked on Lava.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:11 PM
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

Obi-Wan said the force is an energy field, and you can move the energy with your mind. Well, it would take a lot less concentration to move something small because it has such a small energy field around it than something enormous because the energy field around that is huge. but it would be, theoretically, possible.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote