KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode #3 - Shadow of Malevolence

Episode #3 - Shadow of Malevolence
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hazardous

Episode #3 - Shadow of Malevolence

"STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS puts a new shine on a very recognizable part of Star Wars lore as the Y-wing bombers make their debut in “Shadow of Malevolence,” an all-new episode of the hit animated series premiering at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 10, on Cartoon Network.

In the second of a three-episode arc, “Shadow of Malevolence” finds Anakin Skywalker, his Padawan Ahsoka Tano and Jedi Master Plo Koon utilizing long-range Y-wing bombers to lead a bold strike on General Grievous’ warship, the Malevolence, and its destructive ion cannon.

The Y-wing bombers were first seen among the Rebel Alliance’s primary starfighters in 1977’s Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. “Shadow of Malevolence” director Brian Kalin O’Connell, writer Steve Melching and supervising director Dave Filoni were inspired by the concept of showing the Y-wings “fresh off the showroom floor.”

“We like to find ways to draw connections between The Clone Wars and the original trilogy,” Melching says. “In the original Star Wars, the X-wings and the Y-wings have truly been through the wars, and they’ve had the crap beaten out of them. We thought it would be fun to imagine that they were originally manufactured during the Clone Wars – so for us, they came off the assembly line and into battle.”

O’Connell says the artists behind The Clone Wars were excited about “introducing” the Y-wings – and putting the series’ lead characters into a full-fledged space battle for the first time.

“Guys like (design/concept artists) Russell Chong and Killian Plunkett, along with Dave (Filoni) come from a classic Star Wars background, so they understand that Ralph McQuarrie feel of the 1970s, and they do it right,” O’Connell says. “We don’t want to change the lore, we want to add to it. By introducing the Y-wings, we get to add a new dimension, a little history.” Some people, he realizes, might think that it’s “just a vehicle.” Nevertheless, O’Connell says, “We know it’s a huge deal for the fans. We don’t let it distract from the story, but we still get to add the geek shot – and when we do, we try to do it justice.”

(please log in to view the image)

Yay for Y Wings!

Also if this is part 2 of 3, can't wait to find out what they do in the final one... 3 way saber battle with Grievous would be too much to ask for..

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 01:08 PM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

last episode was "one out of three" ....didn't know nor noticed

and
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Outbound

Yay for Y Wings!

indeed

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 01:14 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Y-Wings...

I' not really hating, but why does everything have to be based off of everything else?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 03:24 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Because, no one comes up with their own ideas anymore.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Oct 9th, 2008 at 07:15 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

YEah, the SW universe is shrinking by the episode.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 09:46 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Y-Wings...

I' not really hating, but why does everything have to be based off of everything else?
Well, it does make sense that the vehicles won't change that much in 20 years.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 10:18 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

???

Sure they don't change THAT much but they certainly change. which these y wings HAVE NOT.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

It's also reasonable to assume that those older models are still in use. Especially by a rebellion that can't get their hands on the newest models of warfare.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

I am Inclined to think that these are merely Clone Wars ERA Y-WINGS not the ones we see the Rebellion Using...The Clone Era Y-Wings would be less advanced more like the ETA Actis and the A-WING or the ARC 170 and the X-WING I believe its just merely a i dont wanna say Prototype but more like a PHASE I model of the Y-Wing in which we see PHASE II or III for the Rebellion

"I see more Grey than Light or Dark now days." - Jolee Bindo

"I will do what I must Obi-Wan." - Qui-Gon-Jinn

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 11:49 PM
Click here to Send MasterAshenVor a Private Message Find more posts by MasterAshenVor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Cars are a poor comparison- try jet fighters. You will easily find models of those that are in for decades.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 10:18 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Like the F16... it's been out there for over 30 years. They've had modifications, but they still look the same as the first one.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 11:55 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Slightly sloppy writing aside, I've really been enjoying this so far.

I laughed when I saw the Y-Wings. They're similar enough that you recognise them instantly, but still different enough to obviously be an earlier model.

The attack on the Malevolence was so ripping off the Death Star run, but I can kind of forgive it that because it seems they acknowledged it. Y'know, "yeah, we're using that, so here, have some references to the scene," kind of thing.

I think the series will be a not-that-guilty pleasure.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 02:49 PM
Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

I THOUGHT IT WAS GAY!!!!!!!!

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It would be appreciated if your comments were not as pointless as that one, Lord Knightfa11.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 10:54 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Such an awesome episode

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 12:35 PM
queeq
Chaos

How can we see it????

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 09:16 PM
Hazardous

*coughtorrentcough* whistle

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 12:08 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Slightly sloppy writing aside, I've really been enjoying this so far.

I laughed when I saw the Y-Wings. They're similar enough that you recognise them instantly, but still different enough to obviously be an earlier model.

The attack on the Malevolence was so ripping off the Death Star run, but I can kind of forgive it that because it seems they acknowledged it. Y'know, "yeah, we're using that, so here, have some references to the scene," kind of thing.

I think the series will be a not-that-guilty pleasure.

thumb up agreed!

I really enjoyed this episode... I even laughed when Grievous knocks the crap out of that annoying battle droid

I really enjoyed dog fights, and besides that whole nebula thing (which was a bit boring) the attack to the Malevolence was great and entertaining (even though it was a rip off of the Death Star Attack, it still was good)

... the ion canon exploding
Originally posted by queeq
How can we see it????

it's online ... unofficially

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 12:13 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Also, the episodes go up on iTunes the day after they air. And they go up on starwars.com a week after they air.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 12:19 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Outbound
*coughtorrentcough* whistle

better yet *cough-free-direct-download-cough* big grin

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 12:21 AM