KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Dooku's warning Grievous of council master's?

Dooku's warning Grievous of council master's?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Dooku's warning Grievous of council master's?

Can someone give me the exact qoute and book this is from? I'd appreciate it. Been on mind for a while. I'm looking especially for the select few he warned GG about fighting.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

It's from LOE.

"Power moves served you well on Hypori against Jedi such as Daakman Barrek and Tarr Seir. But I pity you should you have to face off against any of the Council Masters."

He called into hand his courtly, curve-handled lightsaber and drew a rapid X in the air - - a Makashi flourish.

"Do I need to demonstrate what responses you can expect from Cin Drallig or Obi-Wan Kenobi? From Mace Windu or, stars help you, Yoda.

He flicked his blade quickly, ridding two of the guards of their staffs, then placing the glowing tip a millimeter from Grievous's death-helmeted visage.

"Finesse. Artfulness. Economy. Otherwise, my friend, I fear that you will end up beyond the repair of even the Geonosians. Do you take my meaning?"

His vertically slit eyes unfathomable, Grievous nodded.

"I take your meaning, my lord."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 08:39 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Thank you. Seems like Dooku knew Kenobi's mastery of Soresu could be the end of GG. Are these the only four that could beat him. 'm sure Anakin or Depa would give him a fight.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I think it was just those four that the author decided to reference. I am sure there were more Jedi that could put up a fight against Grievous, but he is rather lethal and would not be a credible threat if many of the Jedi could contest him.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 12:02 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
parvati120

Dooku could have added Anakin but I doubt he was much impressed by him last time they met? stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 08:51 AM
Click here to Send parvati120 a Private Message Find more posts by parvati120 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Not sure if Anakin would do as well against Grievous as Tyranus or Kenobi did. His form implies all offence and total domination. Only problem with this is Grievous is stronger than Anakin(when not using Force to amp up) and Anakin would almost certainly be on the defensive the entire fight. No doubt he could do it in an all-out battle but with sabers only and Force just to amp and pre-cog......not sure.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 07:49 PM