KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » were venator's main cannons equal to an imperial's?

were venator's main cannons equal to an imperial's?
Started by: sigma-ct42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sigma-ct42

were venator's main cannons equal to an imperial's?

according to wookiepedia
the venator stardestroyers main cannons could match the imperial stardestroyers. is this true? considering the imperial class is a much newer and advanced ship?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 08:52 PM
Click here to Send sigma-ct42 a Private Message Find more posts by sigma-ct42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Does Wookieepedia have any sources to back up that claim?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 09:43 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sigma-ct42

* The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide
* StarWars.com TCW Episode Guide: Destroy Malevolence on StarWars.com (backup link on Archive.org)
* Revenge of the Sith: Incredible Cross-Sections
* Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
* Star Wars Magazine UK 59
* Starships and Vehicles of Revenge of the Sith on Wizards.com (article)
* The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
* Starships of the Galaxy (2007)

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 10:02 PM
Click here to Send sigma-ct42 a Private Message Find more posts by sigma-ct42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I think it was Lightsnake who kept mentioning how the ISD was 9 times more powerful, with turbolasers that could operate at some 33% more efficency. Something like that.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 12:34 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lucien A
I think it was Lightsnake who kept mentioning how the ISD was 9 times more powerful, with turbolasers that could operate at some 33% more efficency. Something like that.

That might've been glentract. I have seen that same figure (10 X) on Wong's website that compares star trek to star wars.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 01:03 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Originally posted by sigma-ct42
* The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide
* StarWars.com TCW Episode Guide: Destroy Malevolence on StarWars.com (backup link on Archive.org)
* Revenge of the Sith: Incredible Cross-Sections
* Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
* Star Wars Magazine UK 59
* Starships and Vehicles of Revenge of the Sith on Wizards.com (article)
* The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
* Starships of the Galaxy (2007)

I own The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide, and it is true. It does say they could match ISD's ones.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sigma-ct42

Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
I own The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide, and it is true. It does say they could match ISD's ones.

thank you kind sir. i own none of those so i pretty much rely on any credible source i can find outside the books i lack. now i wonder why the empire would phase out venators when they could use them as support for the imperial class. as they were pretty decent carriers.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 04:46 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Maybe they just didn't fit the needs of the Empire any more, as far as being efficient carriers? And there are also other aspects of the ships that the Empire may have decided to improve upon, even just for the sake of improvement... things like armor, sublight engines, hyperdrive, shielding, living space.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 04:41 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

And size. Bigger the better.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote