KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Is Plagueis or Sidious anakin's father !

Is Plagueis or Sidious anakin's father !
Started by: Van Hoe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jack Daniels
WOW!

well gibroni Id say write a fan fiction story about it and place it in the star wars eu section so rex can move it fer ya..lol...(hehe still upset how moving the starwars versus storytime thread killed it...not many posts any more)...hmm that was rex responsible wasnt it?

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 11:16 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Dunno.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 01:03 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

me either...I went back and figured it out once....think I used the poop smiley on him and it turned out not to be him...lol...oops....there were some GREAT stories in there though and was very active when in the star wars section....I would though love to see someone write fan story on this topic...till then guess I'll keep reading old tavern posts...thats pretty entertaining....God I hope I get called to werk soon...lol...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 05:08 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

From the New Essential Chronology...page 32:

"(Palpatine) grew concerned over his Master's stated intentions of creating life from nothing. The child that resulted from this Force miracle, Plagueis insisted, would be the living embodiment of the Force itself - and at that moment, Sidious knew that his Master was discussing Sidious' replacement. Soon after, Sidious killed Darth Plagueis in his sleep. The work necessary to create a Force-conceived child continued, however. It is unclear whether Plagueis had initiated the process before his death, or whether Sidious instead implemented his former Master's scheme for his own dark purposes."

Unknown to Plagueis, Sidious had been training Maul all the while and accelerated his training after his death.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Sorry for the length - but the next paragraph clearly states that his birth wasn't a Festivus miracle.

"On Tatooine, the slave Shmi Skywalker had given birth to a child more powerful in the Force than any other in history - the apparent product of forbidden research initiated by Darth Plagueis and taken up by Darth Sidious. This boy, Anakin Skywalker, had seemingly not been conceived by a human father, but by the midi-chlorians themselves. Palpatine kept a close watch on Anakin as the boy grew. If trained as a Sith apprentice, such a child could be vastly more powerful than Maul."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Have I wandered in the EU section again?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 08:32 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

From the New Essential Jack Daniels version of all this...page ?(figure that out later): Yoda is his Father! after 800 years and no lady would have his little toad twinkie he decided he needed an offspring...someone to pass on his midichlorians to...he went down to the midichlorian donor bank...got milked for a few...and sent out a droid to impregnate the first virgin it could find...the droid had to go all the way to tatooine...(the girls in this galaxy were just wild) there he found her found her ...shot her up with yodas midichlorians and yoda meditated guiding the little suckers where they needed to go...(2 be continued...hopefully not!) hehe okay that was lame but in the movie section that carries just as much weight right?...lol...sorry hutt guess Im being a pain again..lol..that idea really did pop in my head though as canon goes we dont know so Yoda could be...thats all conceivable..... conceive..hehe...okay time fer another drink

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 12:20 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

There is no way crap that is canon. I'll never believe that. Anakin is a product of the Force. Period, no outside manipulations by the Sith were involved.no expression

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 03:17 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~JP~
There is no way crap that is canon. I'll never believe that. Anakin is a product of the Force. Period, no outside manipulations by the Sith were involved.no expression

+1

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 03:20 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

There was no Plageus. All a lie from Palpatine

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 05:07 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Star Wars Insider #82 - Interview with Ian McDiarmid

Q: Was (Anakin's) seduction made easier because Anakin is essentially fatherless?

A: Anakin, of course, is a man who doesn't have a father, or if he does we don't know who he is. And ROTS doesn't provide any definitive answers, leaving the whole area ambiguous. There are a few clues dotted around, and if anyone wants to join the dots they probably can. What I liked about the film is that there isn't any revelatory fact - there are just a few possibilities, and you can make up your own mind what you think fits."

I don't get it. If GL intended to have Anakin's conception be a certain way - then why would he allow the EU to "bastardize" his vision by giving it such a different angle?

In a 2005 Hyperspace interview, Rick McCallum says he believes Palpatine created Anakin. Is he considered EU?

http://blogs.starwars.com/acolyteblog/9

The people actually involved in these movies were OBVIOUSLY leaning in a certain direction regarding Anakin's conception...the EU is following their lead.

Why hasn't GL just simply pulled the plug on the EU if it's not what he had in mind? I mean, he set it up that way.

But - in the end - it IS up to the viewer to decide.

"Palpatine isn't Sidious!"

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 05:25 AM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Originally posted by ~JP~

Of course there was no sith involved...Yoda is da man! who in the movies was the most connected to the force? the stuff with Qui Gon being the most connected was taken off the dvd extras so you can only say the most powerful force user via movies was Yoda...he has to be the daddy!...if I didnt like my bouncing boob avatar so much I would put Yoda drinking whiskey back up..lol... confused dilemma: bouncing boobs or yoda wasted? ah well sorry yoda

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 07:04 AM
queeq
Chaos

McCallum is by no means canon... no.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 07:41 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

you said Lucas Novels or Movies only..so okay on that one but anyways Yoda woulda been the better deadbeat dad..lol..

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 08:12 AM
sweersa

Originally posted by queeq
McCallum is by no means canon... no.

Gotta love our good ol' Rick.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 11:47 AM
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Why would GL plant the possibilities that Anakin could be a product of the Sith?

If he wanted Anakin's birth to be a straight-up product of the will of the Force - why not have it that way?

Power of Myth?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 08:16 PM
sweersa

Originally posted by Anakin_the_Hutt
Why would GL plant the possibilities that Anakin could be a product of the Sith?

Did he?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 11:44 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Nope that'd the rabid fanboys that first started that crapola, which is just the tip of the iceberg of how fanboys have f*cked up my beloved saga. mad

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 12:06 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Fanboys started that crapola? It's in the movie, guy.

If people discussing what Lucas' intent was with the movies f'cked up your beloved saga - you're a wuss.

Out of curiosity, if that's the tip of the iceberg - how else have fanboys destroyed your saga? Is it those damn conventions?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 01:31 AM
sweersa

Originally posted by Anakin_the_Hutt
Fanboys started that crapola? It's in the movie, guy.

If people discussing what Lucas' intent was with the movies f'cked up your beloved saga - you're a wuss.

Out of curiosity, if that's the tip of the iceberg - how else have fanboys destroyed your saga? Is it those damn conventions?

JP is a girl! And she is awesome.

Fans always misinterpret the movies and the motives of the genius creators of Star Wars. Both Lucas and SS get a lot of heat despite the fact they have maintained the Star Wars films and kept them up at a level no other earth being could manage.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2009 01:45 AM